NYR Fan 116894

Rob Gronkowski 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

9 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

He honestly should just retire after this season...wouldn't be surprised if he did.

He will a year too late though 

Final f--- you to this lumbering sack of s---.

At least he didn't get paid for this year since his contract was all incentive based.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, mmm sod said:

Final f--- you to this lumbering sack of s---.

At least he didn't get paid for this year since his contract was all incentive based.

He’s still got plenty of cash I don’t think he’s too worried about it my guy. Btw he’d laugh in your face if he saw this post. Lmao posting this stuff like he could give a damn 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

He’s still got plenty of cash I don’t think he’s too worried about it my guy. Btw he’d laugh in your face if he saw this post. Lmao posting this stuff like he could give a damn 

I know this may shock you but when people post stuff like that they know the player doesn’t care nor will he see it. It’s a way to express frustration. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RogerGoodell said:

Did anybody bench him championship week?

I’m sure anyone that had him didn’t or couldn’t do it unless they had Jaylen Samuels with TE eligibility since there were most likely no other options. I went up against someone who had Gronk and because of the bagel he put up, it got me the ‘Ship! It sucks what he’s a shell of himself, but I’m not one of those complaining about his performance this week

Lol at anyone dumping on him.  If you've Gronk'd over the last 8 years..........you've won out more often than not.     If you took him this year with all the preseason chatter on him considering retirement, and him not quite being as dominant, well......you were warned.

Sometimes you can draft a player and just really get hosed by circumstances you couldn't see coming, like McKinnon.  But, if you drafted a guy like Doug Baldwin, who came in hurt, or Kenyan Drake, who had obvious usage red flags.......you made your own bed.   

If you have him in dynasty you should be selling him for anything you can get.

I thnk it has been confirmed for next season there will be NO controversy about if Gronk in a 1st round pick. ..he won't be :lol:

40 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I thnk it has been confirmed for next season there will be NO controversy about if Gronk in a 1st round pick. ..he won't be :lol:

Just wait until he goes on some 30 catch 300 yards 5TD post season run, then what happens? :lol:

• Haha 1

Fun fact. Blake Jarwin and Gronk finished the season with the same amount of TDs. Jarwin had 0 TDs entering Week 17. 

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

Gronk will be debated about going after pick 100 after this season's disaster. I'm not convinced he comes back and plays in 2019.

10 minutes ago, devaster said:

Gronk will be debated about going after pick 100 after this season's disaster. I'm not convinced he comes back and plays in 2019.

If he comes back i'll gladly take him after pick 100.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

If he comes back i'll gladly take him after pick 100.

Well enjoy 2 targets a game.

I'll take Kyle Rudolph over this bum.  It's harsh but his floor is as low as anyone's now, and he doesn't even have the upside he use to.  He's just a complete shell of his former self.  He gets out-muscled by DBs and Safeties now and he's not fast enough to beat the LBs anymore.

He's just... .bad

I'll lay 5 to 1 that he's in the WWF next year.

Edited by mmm sod

53 minutes ago, mmm sod said:

I'll take Kyle Rudolph over this bum.  It's harsh but his floor is as low as anyone's now, and he doesn't even have the upside he use to.  He's just a complete shell of his former self.  He gets out-muscled by DBs and Safeties now and he's not fast enough to beat the LBs anymore.

He's just... .bad

I’d also gladly take him in the 100s as a late upside flier. Yes he has looked like dog s--- this year but we are talking about arguably the greatest te ever. The upside is enormous 

1 hour ago, mmm sod said:

He's just... .bad

Rudolph only averaged 0.3 PPG more than Gronk despite Gronk missing 3 games, playing at less than 50% most of the season, and just having a horrible season all around.

But sure let emotions get in the way of reason.

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Rudolph only averaged 0.3 PPG more than Gronk despite Gronk missing 3 games, playing at less than 50% most of the season, and just having a horrible season all around.

But sure let emotions get in the way of reason.

I don't see any reason why Gronk should be drafted as a top tier TE next season. Forget history and past performance. People were expecting that all season.

28 minutes ago, devaster said:

I don't see any reason why Gronk should be drafted as a top tier TE next season. Forget history and past performance. People were expecting that all season.

Not a top-tier TE next year, but he'll still be drafted. In a 12-teamer, after pick 100 is somewhere in the 8th round or later. Personally, that's too rich for my blood with an aging, regressing, and historically fragile Gronk. But oddly enough, he finished as the 10th-ranked TE in my 1/2 PPR league in overall points...and 7th in ppg. So as bad as he was this year, he still averaged more points per game than everyone but Kelce-Ertz-Kittle-Ebron-Howard-Cook. 

19 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Not a top-tier TE next year, but he'll still be drafted. In a 12-teamer, after pick 100 is somewhere in the 8th round or later. Personally, that's too rich for my blood with an aging, regressing, and historically fragile Gronk. But oddly enough, he finished as the 10th-ranked TE in my 1/2 PPR league in overall points...and 7th in ppg. So as bad as he was this year, he still averaged more points per game than everyone but Kelce-Ertz-Kittle-Ebron-Howard-Cook. 

Which puts him in the group of streaming TE's. There weren't many options that could be counted on weekly for at least some production. TE was very thin and top-heavy this season.

Edited by devaster
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, devaster said:

Which puts him in the group of streaming TE's. There weren't many options that could be counted on weekly for at least some production. TE was very thin and top-heavy this season.

Definitely true. It was a cesspool this year. I'm actually intrigued by Evan Engram, who totaled over 53 points in 1/2 PPR during weeks 14-17. A rebound season could make him an attractive option in 2019. Same with OJ Howard next year and his 10+ ppg average. If he can stay healthy, he's a viable week-to-week TE play. Some chatter on a Saints forum I frequent about Jesse James, and he could be an interesting TE play if the Saints go after him. Point being, I think there are going to be some other options at TE (Njoku is another) that are going to be more attractive than Gronk, aside from the top 3 from this year. I think the TE position will deepen next year, pushing Gronk down a lot of draft boards. 

Everyone is chasing the next Jimmy Graham with NO. I just don't see James being that unique physical freak that Graham was in his prime.

Nice ending to the year for this big doofus.

Hope he retires. Most overrated TE of all time. Later fratbro 0 intelligence scrub.

16 minutes ago, devaster said:

Everyone is chasing the next Jimmy Graham with NO. I just don't see James being that unique physical freak that Graham was in his prime.

Oh no, James definitely wouldn't be that. I wouldn't consider it to be chasing the next Graham...I would consider it looking for a solid, productive TE in one of the best offenses in the NFL. If they even sign him.