widjayaman

Fred VanVleet 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Couldn't find a thread about him.. which pretty much epitomizes his under-appreciated fantasy season so far. (7% owned ESPN) Seems to be ahead of Delon as Toronto's backup PG. Sneaky good back-end PG, been shooting lights out the past month. Kinda reminded me of vintage Jose Calderon a few years back. 

Last 13 games (1 month) he's #50 in 9-cat and #66 if you punt TO (since TO is his strongest category)

12.3 2.1 3.6 3.1 1.0 0.2 .509 8.3 .920 1.9

And then there was this 25pt gem..

Edited by widjayaman
  • Like 3

Any opinions on his ROS outlook? has he gotten lucky recently in terms of PT in blowouts, or is this guy for real?

No, he'll consistently get this type of PT

57 minutes ago, rush007 said:

Any opinions on his ROS outlook? has he gotten lucky recently in terms of PT in blowouts, or is this guy for real?

casey and the raps have done a good job developing and playing their young guys. i think they are commited on playing them and they are winning.

Picked up!  Lowry is always a candidate to get injured too, which would unleash the beast. 

• Like 1

Took a splurge myself — digging deep into his stats .... putting up top 55 value last month in 21 min per = give that rock 28-32 .... F that Anubody dude

Another solid line tonight. Definitely a pickup with a great second unit Dwane Casey trusts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greco888 said:

Another solid line tonight. Definitely a pickup with a great second unit Dwane Casey trusts.

Think he can keep it up? Worth a pick up in 10 team leagues? He has a 4-4-4-4 PO sched for me and was dropped by an owner.

Edited by ItaliaBBALL

Especially in fantasy playoffs there could be more opportunities to shine for him due to Casey resting (minutes decrease) Lowry or derozan. Was my plan to drop him, but he gives you nice lines w/o damaging anything. I'll keep him for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Think he can keep it up? Worth a pick up in 10 team leagues? He has a 4-4-4-4 PO sched for me and was dropped by an owner.

Don't go all in on amount of playoff games.  Make sure your aware of opponents.  Way more important than amount of games played!! Watch out for Spurs matchups etc. 

But I agree Fred is setting up to be a game changer.  

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1

This man is going to get paid this summer. Maybe some team with cap space willing to take the gamble as he looks really really good.

It's hard to drop a starter like Bogdan or Lee for this guy (bench player). But his guards stats have been pretty awesome. Only worried the hot streak may end when I finally add him. 

Do you guys see his role increasing? Or at least staying more or less the same? He has just been so solid lately. If he puts up another strong performance today I will pick him up with my waiver.

55 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Do you guys see his role increasing? Or at least staying more or less the same? He has just been so solid lately. If he puts up another strong performance today I will pick him up with my waiver.

I’m picking him up today. Finally dropping prince. If he has a bad game before the break I’ll probably just drop him 

his role will increase with the amount of wins the raps get I'm banking on some more lowry rest/reduced minutes on blowouts / later when the playoff seeding has been established.. 

7 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

This man is going to get paid this summer. Maybe some team with cap space willing to take the gamble as he looks really really good.

I really hope masai finds a way to keep him with us. He's a huge part of why our bench is so good, would suck to lose him

He deserves big money though so I'll be happy for him regardless 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sickrookie said:

It's hard to drop a starter like Bogdan or Lee for this guy (bench player). But his guards stats have been pretty awesome. Only worried the hot streak may end when I finally add him. 

I did drop Lee for him. Lee's role likely to diminish as they tank, play the younger guys.  As a Raptors fan i watch Steady Freddy all the time. His role/stats should remain pretty much the same.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Definitely worth the pickup imo, but all depends on who you cut loose, build etc.

I mean the guy has been top 40 over the last month in 9-cat, I dunno why y'all are wondering about him.  Add him to your team for God's sake. 

Added him today, and when I checked his game log I was surprised I was able to with how he's been playing. A must add in 12 team 9 cat IMO