NYR Fan 116894

T.Y. Hilton 2018 Outlook

He's damn near impossible to sit with his ceiling--and it's massive v a HOU secondary that he's pwned many times...

Still, I get this sinking feeling of him laying out for a deep ball in the 1stQ and leaving the field slowly-

Never bench TY. Never. Not to be cool story bro but i made the stupid mistake of benching him when he was questionable, he put up 2 TD’s. Never again 

40 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

39 targets in his 4 games since his week 9 bye, had at least 75 yards in all of those games as well. 

Houston's offense will likely require Luck to throw a lot this game, and Texans are missing Jonathan Joseph... Kareem Jackson isn't a slouch in coverage but having their #1 CB out certainly doesn't hurt TY's value this week. 

I'm rolling him out with confidence, hopefully we get one of those FF matchup winning Hilton performances 

Joseph is playing

13 minutes ago, arielk31 said:

Joseph is playing

He is a very good CB, but he can't keep up with TY's speed. He will play far off to keep everything in front of him when matched up against TY. Hilton's floor and ceiling are borderline WR1 this week. Just don't fall on that shoulder please!

• Like 1

good news is we can employ him as a WR2 next week guys! Roto writers make me chuckle 

Edited by furbz420
  • Haha 1

Not 100%, banged up shoulder throughout the entire game, still balled out against the hottest team in football with a top 10 secondary on the road. 

He's averaging just over 21 pts in the last 4 games in my .5 ppr league, those last four games have included three top 12 teams vs WRs for fantasy (MIA, JAX, HOU). 

Which is good enough to place him first among all WRs for the last 4 games. 

This is the T.Y people drafted around the 4th round. If you have him as your WR2/3, you are sitting real pretty for this stretch run. 

Edited by next big thing cp84

1 minute ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Not 100%, banged up shoulder throughout the entire game, still balled out against the hottest team in football with a top 10 secondary on the road. 

He's averaging just over 21 pts in the last 4 games in my .5 ppr league, those last four games have included three top 12 teams vs WRs for fantasy (MIA, JAX, HOU).  Which is first among all WRs...

This is the T.Y people drafted around the 4th round. If you have him as your WR2/3, you are sitting real pretty for this stretch run. 

I didn’t see any of the game, did he re-injure the shoulder, or did it seem ok?

Also, in what leagues did he fall until the 4th round? He was going early 3rd in most, I believe that’s where his ADP was. If he fell to the 4th, that’s pretty much highway robbery.

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I didn’t see any of the game, did he re-injure the shoulder, or did it seem ok?

Also, in what leagues did he fall until the 4th round? He was going early 3rd in most, I believe that’s where his ADP was. If he fell to the 4th, that’s pretty much highway robbery.

Was watching the redzone feed but saw on the roto blurb he was a bit shaken up after his 60 yard catch. 

My league drafts super super early, plus its 10 team so that helps as well. 

Luckily some bought low when he got hurt, and now he's my flex :D

2 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Was watching the redzone feed but saw on the roto blurb he was a bit shaken up after his 60 yard catch. 

My league drafts super super early, plus its 10 team so that helps as well. 

Luckily some bought low when he got hurt, and now he's my flex :D

Yeah I traded for him when he was hurt.  Was targeting him in my draft, but he went right before me at 3.3. 

Hopefully he comes out of this performance healthy and puts up another monster next week.

3 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Yeah I traded for him when he was hurt.  Was targeting him in my draft, but he went right before me at 3.3. 

Hopefully he comes out of this performance healthy and puts up another monster next week.

Yeah tough matchup vs a DAL secondary that is giving up the 2nd fewest pts to WRs, but its at home and TY/Luck are hot right now. 

Ceiling of winning your matchup single handedly like always with him, but seeming to find his floor even in tough matchups which is very encouraging.

28 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Yeah tough matchup vs a DAL secondary that is giving up the 2nd fewest pts to WRs, but its at home and TY/Luck are hot right now. 

Ceiling of winning your matchup single handedly like always with him, but seeming to find his floor even in tough matchups which is very encouraging.

Yeah, people were complaining last week when he went 8/77 against Ramsey.  He had some quiet games coming off the injury, but his floor seems to have stabilized.  I’d be more worried about the matchup next week if it was in Dallas.

8 hours ago, Therec said:

Good to see him healthy and on the same page with Luck. Back to the deep ball stud we remember.

I don't know how healthy he really is though....

He got banged up on the long 60 yard catch he had and left for a few plays....Think it was an ankle or something.  And he went to the sidelines another time kinda limping around.  But he gutted it out and was out there most of the game.

I'd expect he probably misses practice again this week but will probably be out there against the Cowboys. 

7 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I don't know how healthy he really is though....

He got banged up on the long 60 yard catch he had and left for a few plays....Think it was an ankle or something.  And he went to the sidelines another time kinda limping around.  But he gutted it out and was out there most of the game.

I'd expect he probably misses practice again this week but will probably be out there against the Cowboys. 

Yep. Makes me real nervous vs Byron Jones, but Luck is finally targeting him a lot and he's so fast that all he needs is one long bomb to pay off the week. Just can't bench him if he plays.

7 minutes ago, Therec said:

Yep. Makes me real nervous vs Byron Jones, but Luck is finally targeting him a lot and he's so fast that all he needs is one long bomb to pay off the week. Just can't bench him if he plays.

If he was serviceable against Jalen Ramsey in JAX not fully healthy, he will be fine vs Byron Jones at home

Could be my eyes deceiving me but TY looks bigger and stronger this year than before. I think he’s able to win short-medium length routes more because of this. 

T.Y. Hilton (ankle) did not practice Wednesday.

It's a new issue for Hilton after he's been listed on the injury report with shoulder and groin issues the last few weeks. Hilton keeps getting banged up but has been playing through ailments. For now, consider him questionable.
  • Sad 1

Not really worried here unless I see DNP all week.  I do remember him tweaking the ankle on the 60 yard catch last week but he played through it all game.

It doesn't seem like he's practiced on Wednesdays all week....And last week missed Thursday also.

My guess is that he's just being given rest.  Hopefully he's back to some kind of limited practice by Friday.

Can't imagine he would miss such a huge game for the Colts.  The matchup isn't great though so not expecting a repeat of last week even if he plays.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

T.Y. Hilton (ankle) did not practice Wednesday.

It's a new issue for Hilton after he's been listed on the injury report with shoulder and groin issues the last few weeks. Hilton keeps getting banged up but has been playing through ailments. For now, consider him questionable.

Be shorter if they listed parts of this guy that aren’t hurt

Same as last week. I think they just reach into a hat and decide what body part to report an injury on. It's just veteran's rest and they have to report something. He's fine.

Edited by LongBalls

16 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Be shorter if they listed parts of this guy that aren’t hurt

TY's a baller. He'll be fine.

• Like 3