Gotham_Soldier

AJ Pollock 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, Magnus88 said:

Once Pollock returns from the DL is this the type of injury that could severely hinder his power the rest of 2018?  Pollock, without power, would obviously cause me to be less aggressive when trying to buy low.

Wouldn’t expect much from hit tool after injury.  Speed doesn’t slump though, and hits in good enough lineup to produce counting stats.  Hard to come back from this type of layoff and pick right back up where you left off. 

Edited by Cmilne23

Pollock (thumb) will start a rehabilitation assignment with Triple-A Reno on Friday, Steve Gilbert of MLB.com reports.
Spin: 
Pollock will man center field for the Aces on Friday, marking the first time back on the field since suffering the sprained left thumb in mid-May. Prior to the rehab outing, Pollock said that he felt great with where everything is at and that "every step of the way has been a breeze." He will require an extended stay with Reno, as it's likely he will compete in a slate of minor-league games before returning to Arizona, but his eventual return doesn't appear to be too far off.

news_breaking.png
88x21_RWdotcom_trans.gif
Fri, Jun 29
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AJ keeps himself In tip top shape.  The speed shouldn’t matter but he’ll need to get on base in order to utilize that speed. He might be good for a few SBs once he returns, not counting on much more. The healing process can take awhile, a week? I need the SBs so we’ll see what the matchups look like. For example if the DBax are in Coors....he’s in my lineup.

What's with all the complainers/naysayers? We're getting a player back who has always produced when healthy enough to take the field .. a guy who was one of the best hitters in the NL with the peripherals to support it all this season. This guy is 5 cat gold and i can't wait to get him back .. even if there's still some lingering soreness with his thumb.

Edited by EmbargoLifted

6 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

What's with all the complainers/naysayers? We're getting a player back who has always produced when healthy enough to take the field .. a guy who was one of the best hitters in the NL with the peripherals to support it all this season. This guy is 5 cat gold and i can't wait to get him back .. even if there's still some lingering soreness with his thumb.

Who’s complaining?  I’m fired up to get him back.  However, his “all season” was a month and a half.  Baseball is a tough sport, when you fall out of your rhythm it can sometimes be difficult to get it back intially.  Betts had a 1.200 OPS in April and May, got hurt and has come back in June and hit .257 with an .800 ops since injury.  I hope he comes back and hits well out of gate, but I’m not expecting it or will be disappointed if it takes him 3-4 weeks to get back into a groove again.  

Edited by Cmilne23

3-3, HR, 2B, single, SB last night.  I would imagine he should be activated this week?

• Like 3

[If you have information on a possible activation, link to your source when posting about it.]

The projection systems think he can finish .280, 35, 10, 35, 10 the rest of the way 

just cross your collective fingers this man can stay healthy and finish with 250 plate appearances over the next ~ 3 months

On 5/29/2018 at 8:25 PM, EmbargoLifted said:

He hasn't played a game in 2 weeks and still coming in just under the top 30 overall. 

Hopefully he'll be fully healthy/ready to beast by July 1st. 

my wish came true :D

• Like 1

Be careful with Pollock in a weekly game. He’s liable to get alternated one game in one game out until the ASB

On 7/2/2018 at 3:36 PM, Chickie said:

Be careful with Pollock in a weekly game. He’s liable to get alternated one game in one game out until the ASB

This guys been spot on.  Out again today.  

Lol why sit Pollock?

That is, unless he's experiencing soreness or is not completely fit.

If Pollock's going to get injured again it's going to be on some fluky play anyway. Not wear-and-tear / attrition.

• Haha 1

2 days off in a row now.  Another injury or just been so mediocre since returning he’ll sit more frequently with 4 OF’s all healthy now?

May as well of not come back from injury.  Wouldn’t of hardly noticed otherwise.  Injury ruined his season.

Edited by Cmilne23

On 6/29/2018 at 4:08 PM, EmbargoLifted said:

This is why people were leery.  Because injuries like this often completely derail seasons.  Now with Jay-Souza-Peralta he sits twice a week and when he plays he hardly does anything.  One SB upon activation.  I always say the injury is never the worst part for a player, it’s the time off and how long it takes to get your timing/rhythm back.  

8 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

This is why people were leery.  Because injuries like this often completely derail seasons.  Now with Jay-Souza-Peralta he sits twice a week and when he plays he hardly does anything.  One SB upon activation.  I always say the injury is never the worst part for a player, it’s the time off and how long it takes to get your timing/rhythm back.  

Fair enough. But as long as Pollock stays healthy I think there's another hot streak left in him before the season is out.

14 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Fair enough. But as long as Pollock stays healthy I think there's another hot streak left in him before the season is out.

Let’s hope so.  Bummer that injury happened, people can say well he’s always hurt, but he was on an mvp crash course.

9 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Let’s hope so.  Bummer that injury happened, people can say well he’s always hurt, but he was on an mvp crash course.

Yeah this is the hardest part.  Having to straight up bench one of your best 1st half bats.  I'm hoping he takes off again at some point.