Sign in to follow this  
Magoo

Archie Bradley 2018 Outlook

His role appears very up in the air from everything I've seen.  If he closes, he's arguably top 10 with his peripherals.  At this point would you rather draft him in the middle rounds or Hirano at the end of the draft?  

I'd draft him and expect him to win the role. Actually I hope he comes into the season with his role up in the air because that should cheapen his draft price. The guy is a stud in his new middle relief role. At worse he gives you Andrew Miller value. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2018 at 6:21 PM, Cdub2k said:

I'd draft him and expect him to win the role. Actually I hope he comes into the season with his role up in the air because that should cheapen his draft price. The guy is a stud in his new middle relief role. At worse he gives you Andrew Miller value. 

Ask and you shall receive

"I don't know that we'll walk into Spring Training with a declared closer," Hazen said. "We'll probably save that for walking out of Spring Training. I think we have an opportunity to take a look and see what roles best fit everybody."

https://www.mlb.com/news/d-backs-enter-camp-aiming-to-fill-closer-role/c-266005776

• Like 1

I love this guy's skills but I remember his role (or lack thereof) being a real obstacle in owning him last year. My gut tells me he'll start the year in the super relief role and, therefore, on my waiver wire. But if he ever gets put into the closer role or the rotation I'll pull a hammy running to the computer to pick him up.

43 minutes ago, GrapeJuice said:

I love this guy's skills but I remember his role (or lack thereof) being a real obstacle in owning him last year. My gut tells me he'll start the year in the super relief role and, therefore, on my waiver wire. But if he ever gets put into the closer role or the rotation I'll pull a hammy running to the computer to pick him up.

The Fernando Rodney show was in town. Archie couldn't overtake the cap.