Sign in to follow this  
DerrickHenrysCleats

Chad Kelly 2018 Season Outlook

Broncos QB Chad Kelly (wrist, knee) is on track for offseason workouts.

Kelly spent all of 2017 on NFI but looks to be close to fully recovered. He's over a year removed from ACL surgery and expected to be cleared to throw at OTAs. After taking a late-round injury flyer on Kelly, the Broncos will get to see what they have in him this offseason.

The guy beat alabama twice at ole miss. He was pretty clutch durinf his time at ole miss and comes from good stock 

Any smoke here?
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Broncos QB Chad Kelly (wrist, knee) is on track for offseason workouts.

Kelly spent all of 2017 on NFI but looks to be close to fully recovered. He's over a year removed from ACL surgery and expected to be cleared to throw at OTAs. After taking a late-round injury flyer on Kelly, the Broncos will get to see what they have in him this offseason.

The guy beat alabama twice at ole miss. He was pretty clutch durinf his time at ole miss and comes from good stock 

Any smoke here?

In deeeeeeeep dynasty he's worth a stash.  He's got a lot of talent... He's also got a lot of issues but from everything I've heard he's doing the right things off the field.  

We took him last year and held on our IR (got lucky he stayed there all year) so we're hoping no one signs long term in Denver.

Ideal world Slingin Sammy Bradford comes in on a two year deal (we have him too) and Kelly gets his feet wet if/when Bradford goes out with an injury. Then if he shows out Kelly takes over in either '19 or '20 .

Really think he has the tools to be an above average QB in the league. Good ball placement for the receivers, can get the ball downfield out in front of his WR's and compact quick release. Reminds me of Joe Willie back when he could still run . Both are football players that just happened to be able to sling it. Tough to the point of being stupid for their own health. 

Hell, if no one comes in C. Kelly MIGHT be starting QB this year.

23 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

Who's Chad Kelly?? I wouldn't draft him with your pick.

Sounds like a jealous Gamecocks fan. Educate yourself and go watch his highlights vs your SEC brethren. Beat Alabama twice.

39 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

Sounds like a jealous Gamecocks fan. Educate yourself and go watch his highlights vs your SEC brethren. Beat Alabama twice.

Ill watch his pro tape. Have any? 

I really like him, but he is definitely a project. Worth a look in dynasty if you are desperate for a QB though.

1 hour ago, South Carolina said:

Ill watch his pro tape. Have any? 

No but I'd sure like to see the tape you have of A. Rodgers first season as a pro ? Got any ?

Do I need to make a list of others for you to show how clever your comeback was ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petekrum said:

Nothing to see here.

Bill Polian who might know a thing or two said before camp that Kelly was the most talented of all the Broncos QB's.

Just before the season ended a Denver reporter said he watched Kelly working out after team practice throwing the ball 70 yds pretty casually without an extreme effort. 

Combine all that with tape he has versus Alabama, LSU & Auburn (all with big time athletes on defense) there's gotta be something worth at least looking at.

Could be another Johnny Football flameout due to immaturity but nfl calibre talent no doubt.

• Like 2

I'd love to see Swag Kelly break out but after the Trevor Siemian debacle I don't think Elway will want to gamble starting a 7th rounder again.  It'll take an injury or benching mid season to whoever Elway picks up to start (my bet is Cousins) for Kelly to have any sort of shot.

Elway should be more concerned with bombing on another 1st/2nd rounder. Siemian has done more for this team than any of those turds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, howlin' 2 said:

Bill Polian who might know a thing or two said before camp that Kelly was the most talented of all the Broncos QB's.

Just before the season ended a Denver reporter said he watched Kelly working out after team practice throwing the ball 70 yds pretty casually without an extreme effort. 

Combine all that with tape he has versus Alabama, LSU & Auburn (all with big time athletes on defense) there's gotta be something worth at least looking at.

Could be another Johnny Football flameout due to immaturity but nfl calibre talent no doubt.

This would mean a lot more if I wasn’t 99 percent sure the Broncs were gonna draft a QB. Physical stuff doesn’t matter that much when you have a ten cent head.

2 hours ago, howlin' 2 said:

that was damn good answer there.....well done

54 minutes ago, petekrum said:

This would mean a lot more if I wasn’t 99 percent sure the Broncs were gonna draft a QB. Physical stuff doesn’t matter that much when you have a ten cent head.

Thinking it's more along the lines of 50/50 with Elway's recent track record evaluating QB's. Might sign a veteran instead , especially if he sees good things about Kelly. There's not much difference between Josh Allen and Kelly. A lil size but arm strength, running ability are in the same ballpark. Only one is cheaper than hell and doesn't come with high expectations. Could sit behind a vet like Tyrod or Bradford and learn. Could be a wildcard if pressed into action.

Use the high pick on lineman or Taliban replacement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

Thinking it's more along the lines of 50/50 with Elway's recent track record evaluating QB's. Might sign a veteran instead , especially if he sees good things about Kelly. There's not much difference between Josh Allen and Kelly. A lil size but arm strength, running ability are in the same ballpark. Only one is cheaper than hell and doesn't come with high expectations. Could sit behind a vet like Tyrod or Bradford and learn. Could be a wildcard if pressed into action.

Use the high pick on lineman or Taliban replacement.

Just sticking to on the field stuff...I think Kelly is a superior prospect to Allen.

But I also think people getting ready to draft Allen top 10 are nuts.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Just sticking to on the field stuff...I think Kelly is a superior prospect to Allen.

But I also think people getting ready to draft Allen top 10 are nuts.

If Kelly is a superior prospect to Allen, the fact he got drafted in the 7th round tells you all you need to know. Guys like that don’t make it. He’s a potted plant.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, petekrum said:

If Kelly is a superior prospect to Allen, the fact he got drafted in the 7th round tells you all you need to know. Guys like that don’t make it. He’s a potted plant.

tom brady was a sixth round pick that was projected as a skinny gankly looking qb with limited arm strength. projected as a project ,career backup type.....and thats exactly what he would have been had not drew bledsoe been hurt. ..........tony romo would have been the same, again too bad for bledsoe.......dak presscott maybe the same at the expense of tony romo......all it takes is opportunity for someone to make the most of their talent.......usually it is talent that has the opportunity when drafted......but sometimes chance just takes over to produce fate......take it anyway you want, because anything can happen in any given circumstance.

• Like 2

Kurt Warner was bagging groceries & stocking shelves after college. Tyreek had off the field issues as did Mixon which knocked them down. Kelly had two injuries and off the field issues. Getting drafted at all was an achievement (and likely favor)

Kelly couldn't even go through a pro day workout. If healthy he has as much talent as anyone besides probably Rosen @ the QB position in this draft. I think he almost would've been better to just take the year off and get fully healthy then hold an open workout. Not sure if Denver did him any favors. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, howlin' 2 said:

No but I'd sure like to see the tape you have of A. Rodgers first season as a pro ? Got any ?

Do I need to make a list of others for you to show how clever your comeback was ?

You are reaching incredibly hard here comparing Rodgers to Chad Kelly. 

If Chad Kelly didn't have attitude problems and off field concerns he would have been lucky to be a 4th round project QB...but he did. Now add injuries to the mix. 

He was picked #253 overall. 

He's Mr irrelevant, not Mr Fantastic. 

11 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

If Chad Kelly didn't have attitude problems and off field concerns he would have been lucky to be a 4th round project QB...but he did. Now add injuries to the mix. 

He was mr irrelevant due to charchter concerns and injury, his talent was projected higher than patrick maholmes. 

Kelly seems like a really talented qb that is about to get a real look for the broncos so they can see what he can do. If he is in fact a better prospect than maholmes how would you not wanna sign a guy like bradford or taylor and let kelly back them up? Then you could use your 1st round pick on the OL.

Kelly has talent in my opinion, the broncos would save a ton by getting a veteran qb and giving kelly serious looks to see what he can do 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Thank you! At least somebody gets it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He was mr irrelevant due to charchter concerns and injury, his talent was projected higher than patrick maholmes. 

Kelly seems like a really talented qb that is about to get a real look for the broncos so they can see what he can do. If he is in fact a better prospect than maholmes how would you not wanna sign a guy like bradford or taylor and let kelly back them up? Then you could use your 1st round pick on the OL.

Kelly has talent in my opinion, the broncos would save a ton by getting a veteran qb and giving kelly serious looks to see what he can do 

Lol. Nope. You're reading terrible opinion articles written by Chad Kelly family members if you believe that. 

Patrick Mahomes displaced and took the job of another QB people seem to have weirdly fallen in love with in this message board as well. 

Chad Kelly was losing his job to Cole Stoudt and lost his mind. 

They are not the same people. 

• Confused 1