Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mogamedogz

Sneaker Freaks

Any Sneaker addicts around here?? I see the heavy B-Ball influence, and cant help but think that there must be a few...

What is the "crown Jewel" of your collection??

Not an addict but I currently wear AND1s in my old-timers BB league.

I was always partial to Converse Chuck Taylor High Tops Green!

Not an addict at all.

I generally stay away from Nike's, and have for about 15 years now. Growing up, they always fell apart on me way faster than any other brand. Nike makes many good looking shoes, imo, but they are of cheap quality.

I was all about Reeboks for quite a while, but think their designs have taken a horrible turn in the last 5 years. I mostly wear Adidas now. I hear good things about New Balance for cross-trainers/running shoes... but I still have yet to purchase a pair.

I don’t really wear sneakers (anymore), outside of playing ball or working out. But I do collect them. Particularly vintage Air Jordans. I have a Sports Memorabilia room in my house where I keep different pairs in a display case.

I figured with the amount of NBA fans in here there would be a few Sneaker Addicts around. B)

Yeah, when I was in grade school/early Jr. High, the first couple of versions of Air Jordan's were huge. All the kids wanted them, and few actually had them.

Are the Lebron's huge now??? I hear they're spendy.

Yeah, when I was in grade school/early Jr. High, the first couple of versions of Air Jordan's were huge. All the kids wanted them, and few actually had them.

Are the Lebron's huge now??? I hear they're spendy.

Same here. But I grew up in the inner-city, so we coveted Air Jordans more then most. I remember stories of kids actually getting killed for them back in the day.

Im not sure about the Lebron's. Im not really into the new kicks. I collect mostly "Vintage" stuff. (Nike) Air Jordans, Customized Air Force 1's, Dunk, Supremes...

I do own a pair of the First Lebron's...but I bought them at Nike Town for like $30 on clearence. I use them to work out in. They are actually one of the most comfortable sneakers I have worn in awhile.

In Jr. High, the Air Flight Lights were huge one year. About 1/3 of my school's basketball team got them. They were a cool design for the time, and light, as their name would imply. But they had terrible traction. When we ran sprints and change of direction drills, most of the kids with Air Flight Lights were sliding around; couldn't stop easily at all. Pretty funny to me at the time. I guess I was a bit envious of those shoes, and then when they ended up being flawed, I found humor in the situation.

That was the last basketball shoe craze I remember really (or was losely a part of).

What would be neat is to collect horrible vintage shoes that sort of flopped. Like the Patrick Ewings or Hakeem Olajowaun's (sp). B)

What would be neat is to collect horrible vintage shoes that sort of flopped. Like the Patrick Ewings or Hakeem Olajowaun's (sp). B)

Yeah... The Ewings are actually one of the more sort after pairs to collectors. I've been looking for a pair of the Suede blue ones for years now. lol- VERY hard to find those in brand new condition.

Yeah... The Ewings are actually one of the more sort after pairs to collectors. I've been looking for a pair of the Suede blue ones for years now. lol- VERY hard to find those in brand new condition.

Haha. Really? Those were pretty ugly, by my recollection.

Haha. Really? Those were pretty ugly, by my recollection.

yeah... they were awful looking. lol- But the collector value is there because they are so hard to find.

I love kicks. Love em, love em, love em. Favorites are Nikes, Air Jordans, all variety.

the old school Adidas Mutombo's from the mid-90's with 55 on em....pimp ish!

When are they gonna make retro's of these??

I wore the Magic converses in junior high b-ball. Now I wear my Wade 2.0's in my current league. They are so light that the weight I put on during school hasn't affected my hops as much.

I rock the Green/Gold Bapes to McAfee whenever I go. Everytime I get some people giving me shouto

uts on the kicks.

bape-sta-a-bathing-ape-shoes-02.jpg

i own two pairs of shoes, but i cant live without my timberlands.

YA, i was just gna say that!!!