nonstopfan

Dion Lewis 2018 Outlook

3 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Lewis/Henry - infuriating usage and/or crippling ineffectiveness

Hard to be effective when first contact isat the los.

If this guy is your RB2 you should try looking elsewhere. This offense is just way too frustrating. Try picking up guys like Burkhead, Josh Adams, the guy on Baltimore, Ekeler, or the other guy on the Chargers. The odds are fair to good that there is someone on your waiver wire that can outproduce this guy the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Hope so, he had triple the relevant touches

Relevant touches?  Are we just making things up now?

1 hour ago, sakuraba216 said:

If this guy is your RB2 you should try looking elsewhere. This offense is just way too frustrating. Try picking up guys like Burkhead, Josh Adams, the guy on Baltimore, Ekeler, or the other guy on the Chargers. The odds are fair to good that there is someone on your waiver wire that can outproduce this guy the rest of the season. 

I know he's been bad, but they threw to him 7 times. That's crazy. That's 7 points before he even starts running. He had a horrible day and still had 11 points ppr. If they keep throwing to him like that ros he's gonna be good down the stretch. He won't average 1 YPC often. And he'll usually get more than 33 yards through the air if they keep throwing to him heavily like that. I know he's bad but he's all they have so they have to keep using him. If they've decided to throw to him that much from now on he will be useful ros. Keep an eye on him. 

Edited by Kaii23

23 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

I know he's been bad, but they threw to him 7 times. That's crazy. That's 7 points before he even starts running. He had a horrible day and still had 11 points ppr. If they keep throwing to him like that ros he's gonna be good down the stretch. He won't average 1 YPC often. And he'll usually get more than 33 yards through the air if they keep throwing to him heavily like that. I know he's bad but he's all they have so they have to keep using him. If they've decided to throw to him that much from now on he will be useful ros. Keep an eye on him. 

I hear you. I guess he's like a Theo Riddick with a higher ceiling and a less reliable qb. 

7 minutes ago, sakuraba216 said:

I hear you. I guess he's like a Theo Riddick with a higher ceiling and a less reliable qb. 

maybe you can say that fantasy wise but lewis is a superior  back in ever aspect (real life football)

lewis blowing up honey badger is something theo couldn't do

• Like 2

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

maybe you can say that fantasy wise but lewis is a superior  back in ever aspect (real life football)

lewis blowing up honey badger is something theo couldn't do

He's just speaking in terms of fantasy output

• Like 1

So I was looking for a reason as to why Lewis might possibly be worthy of starting here in Week 13. When your other options for your final flex spot are unappealing and there's nothing of note on the WW, you may have to grasp at straws. And here's my reason for why Lewis could be a worthwhile start against the Jets...check out the stats for the lead RB's the Jets have faced this season:

Week 12 - Sony Michel: 21-133-1 TD (plus 2-12-0 receiving) AND James White: 9-73-0 (plus 1-5-0 receiving)

Week 11 - bye

Week 10 - LeSean McCoy: 26-113-2 TD (plus 1-5-0 receiving)

Week 9 - Frank Gore: 20-53-0 (plus 1-6-0 receiving)

Week 8 - Jordan Howard: 22-81-1 TD AND Tarik Cohen: 5-40-0 (plus 1-70-1 TD receiving)

Week 7 - Latavius Murray: 15-69-2 TD (plus 2-14-0 receiving)

Week 6 - Marlon Mack: 12-89-0 (plus 1-4-0 receiving)

Week 5 - Phillip Lindsay: 12-61-0 (plus 3-20-0 receiving)

Week 4 - TJ Yeldon: 18-52-1 TD (plus 3-48-1 TD receiving)

Week 3 - Carlos Hyde: 23-98-2 TD (plus 2-5-0 receiving)

Week 2 - Kenyan Drake: 11-53-1 TD (plus 4-17-0 receiving)

Week 1 - Kerryon Johnson: 5-17-0 (plus 3-20-0 receiving)

What's the theme? RB's facing the Jets usually score a touchdown. The Jets have allowed at least 1 touchdown to a RB in 7 of 11 games.

In the 4 games they didn't allow a RB touchdown, in two of the games, the lead RB had 81+ yards (Lindsay & Mack). That's at least respectable. 

There really have only been two RB busts overall. Kerryon Johnson in his first game ever (in a game the Lions were blown out early and thus abandoned the run game). And old man Frank Gore. 

Could Lewis end up seeing Henry be the Titans RB to score a TD, or just end up being a bust in general vs. the Jets? Yes. But if you're grasping at straws, going against the underdog road Jets isn't the worst place you could grasp.

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can see Henry being the better start mostly because the Titans aren't likely to be trailing or in a high scoring game, and Henry will get probably all the goal line looks.  The Titans poor run blocking also favors the larger Henry.  Lewis has a decent chance of ending up with about 10-12 PPR points though.

4 hours ago, Corleone said:

So I was looking for a reason as to why Lewis might possibly be worthy of starting here in Week 13. When your other options for your final flex spot are unappealing and there's nothing of note on the WW, you may have to grasp at straws. And here's my reason for why Lewis could be a worthwhile start against the Jets...check out the stats for the lead RB's the Jets have faced this season:

Week 12 - Sony Michel: 21-133-1 TD (plus 2-12-0 receiving) AND James White: 9-73-0 (plus 1-5-0 receiving)

Week 11 - bye

Week 10 - LeSean McCoy: 26-113-2 TD (plus 1-5-0 receiving)

Week 9 - Frank Gore: 20-53-0 (plus 1-6-0 receiving)

Week 8 - Jordan Howard: 22-81-1 TD AND Tarik Cohen: 5-40-0 (plus 1-70-1 TD receiving)

Week 7 - Latavius Murray: 15-69-2 TD (plus 2-14-0 receiving)

Week 6 - Marlon Mack: 12-89-0 (plus 1-4-0 receiving)

Week 5 - Phillip Lindsay: 12-61-0 (plus 3-20-0 receiving)

Week 4 - TJ Yeldon: 18-52-1 TD (plus 3-48-1 TD receiving)

Week 3 - Carlos Hyde: 23-98-2 TD (plus 2-5-0 receiving)

Week 2 - Kenyan Drake: 11-53-1 TD (plus 4-17-0 receiving)

Week 1 - Kerryon Johnson: 5-17-0 (plus 3-20-0 receiving)

What's the theme? RB's facing the Jets usually score a touchdown. The Jets have allowed at least 1 touchdown to a RB in 7 of 11 games.

In the 4 games they didn't allow a RB touchdown, in two of the games, the lead RB had 81+ yards (Lindsay & Mack). That's at least respectable. 

There really have only been two RB busts overall. Kerryon Johnson in his first game ever (in a game the Lions were blown out early and thus abandoned the run game). And old man Frank Gore. 

Could Lewis end up seeing Henry be the Titans RB to score a TD, or just end up being a bust in general vs. the Jets? Yes. But if you're grasping at straws, going against the underdog road Jets isn't the worst place you could grasp.

The relevant titans players have been the most annoying players this year in fantasy football and causing me headaches. Lewis and Corey Davis get either 30 points or 5 points every week. It seems like a great matchup with Lewis but with Henry vulturing most of the TDS at the 10yd line or closer, and them splitting the carries it's just not worth the risk for me to start Lewis. I'm choosing Carson over Lewis this week. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

I can see Henry being the better start mostly because the Titans aren't likely to be trailing or in a high scoring game, and Henry will get probably all the goal line looks.  The Titans poor run blocking also favors the larger Henry.  Lewis has a decent chance of ending up with about 10-12 PPR points though.

2 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

The relevant titans players have been the most annoying players this year in fantasy football and causing me headaches. Lewis and Corey Davis get either 30 points or 5 points every week. It seems like a great matchup with Lewis but with Henry vulturing most of the TDS at the 10yd line or closer, and them splitting the carries it's just not worth the risk for me to start Lewis. I'm choosing Carson over Lewis this week. 

I agree with you both. The Titans have been frustrating as a whole fantasy-wise, and it certainly could end up being a Henry day, rather than Lewis.

If I had Carson I'd go with him as well, in any type of format. There is some hope for Lewis because of the Jets defense, but it certainly may not translate into much...

3 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

The coaches can't decide what they want to do offensively. If they put Lewis in the flats for 5-7 receptions a game he'll have a good day usually. But they can't decide what they want to do hopefully they'll start using him like that again. 10 - 12 carries and 5-7 receptions. Let Henry get the other 10 carries or so. If they continue doing that he'll be an RB2 ros. 

On 11/27/2018 at 11:36 AM, Tomei7 said:

Lewis is trash

He is pretty damn strong. Squared with Honey Badger and stayed on his feet.

Hes a tough dude but this line isnt doing him any favors

BAN-9.png

The Titans’ most impressive offensive line performance of the season just so happened to be their most impressive team performance as well. In their 34-10 win over the Pats in Week 10, the line didn’t allow Marcus Mariota to be knocked down once, and tackles Taylor Lewanand Dennis Kelly went pressureless.

What a joke. I have sat for 3 weeks seeing 15 RB's on the waivers wire out score Dion Lewis, no reason at all to hold onto him now, the writing is on the wall, he will have 2 bad games in the playoffs and a great one while he is on your bench

There really isn't a Titan worth starting.  Their offense isn't any better than Buffalo or AZ, as a matter of fact it might even be worse than both.  A Titan or two will have a nice game, then disappear for multiple weeks.

1 minute ago, chrismikayla said:

How does everyone feel about starting him tonight 

like crap. jax def is fast so I don't expect much yards after catch. let just hope he gets 5 catches

no other option for me ty Montgomery is my only other option ha