phatrat

Waiver Wire Touts - Week 18

The week 18 Waiver Wire Touts thread, is for naming Waiver Wire pickups for the week and beyond. General player discussion belongs in player threads.

Add/Drop questions, How do you rank these guys, Who should I pickup?, etc...

Those type of questions need to be posted in the Assistant Coach Forum.

Cool Stories about your team, belong in the 2017-2018 Cool Story Bro thread.

Dragan Bender is picking up steam and I think worth a look in deeper leagues.

I'm curious to if the All Star break will slow what momentum he has gained. 

• Like 1

Dwight Powell should be added in standard 12 team leagues by now. I'm shocked he is only owned in 11% of ESPN leagues...

• Like 2

Dedmon prolly best ros add available now that budenholzer basically said he is gonna start him and play him more. 9 cat stud when he gets good mins 

• Like 2

Mudiay has a great chance in NY. If you are in a POINTS LEAGUE , he is a RUN dont walk situation

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Silverdome_Loyal said:

Super Mario with Gordon and Vuc parked until after ASB....kids gonna have value regardless 

agree but after ASB id say deep leaguer only 14 teams +

Austin Rivers is owned at only 53% in Yahoo... multi cats and points league pickup for sure...

12 hours ago, jrmintz said:

Dwight Powell should be added in standard 12 team leagues by now. I'm shocked he is only owned in 11% of ESPN leagues...

Agree. Wonder why Carlisle took so long. Powell has range too, can shoot the trey, just haven't see it the the past few games. Think after the break, we'll see less Dirk and more Powell.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, manolo_ said:

Mudiay has a great chance in NY. If you are in a POINTS LEAGUE , he is a RUN dont walk situation

Mudiay like Chriss has sooo much upside. Difference with Mudiay, he takes his knocks and has a nice attitude. 6'4 PG with crazy athleticism. He got a new lease on life and hopefully turns into a gem, just gotta' cover his poor FG%.

2 hours ago, jrmintz said:

D. Murray, only 37% owned in ESPN...

Yeah yeah yeah.   So what does that say about the majority of fantasy users on ESPN?  Imo half the leagues are dead. Unfortunately same thing goes for Yahoo. Percentage pisses me off . Just throw it out the damn window.  Geez.    Dilly Dilly.

sorry jrmintz wasn't aiming at you. Just saying I'm tired of hearing percentage owned.  Go to Fantrax if you want see a more accurate measure.

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 3

Percentage owned on ESPn is great. Most guys in my league only working on the first page of the "Players" section where the players are sorted by ownership. So you can get the rising stars (Satoransky, vanFleet, Dedmond) pretty late on the day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dorwell said:

Percentage owned on ESPn is great. Most guys in my league only working on the first page of the "Players" section where the players are sorted by ownership. So you can get the rising stars (Satoransky, vanFleet, Dedmond) pretty late on the day.

This, there are so many dead leagues on ESPN its easier to snag the under the radar potential breakout guys. Although it also ends up making guys hold their struggling guys who have potential so you never have a chance to pick up guys like Dedmon or THJ. 

10 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Yeah yeah yeah.   So what does that say about the majority of fantasy users on ESPN?  Imo half the leagues are dead. Unfortunately same thing goes for Yahoo. Percentage pisses me off . Just throw it out the damn window.  Geez.    Dilly Dilly.

sorry jrmintz wasn't aiming at you. Just saying I'm tired of hearing percentage owned.  Go to Fantrax if you want see a more accurate measure.

Good point, I forget to account for the dead leagues at this point of the season. I guess I was trying to point out that he may be floating in the wire more likely than others. D. Murray pushed out a solid game last night with his out of position stats. I still think he is a great WW addition now that is has been given the reigns of PG.

• Like 1

Torn between Hart and Crowder. Leaning towards Hart because he plays today and tomorrow but I feel Crowder has a better ROS outlook with Lonzo expected back after the ASB. Any thoughts?

36 minutes ago, emperikal said:

Torn between Hart and Crowder. Leaning towards Hart because he plays today and tomorrow but I feel Crowder has a better ROS outlook with Lonzo expected back after the ASB. Any thoughts?

Hmmm...tough one...however, there are rumblings that Hart maintains starter status and KCP drops to the bench...maybe even Lopez drops out and Randle pushes to the 5...I don't think Hart will fade as much as people think he will and Lonzo is no guarantee....IT will probably start...Hart is a lil hotter rite now as well... Crowder needs to do it a few more times b4 I go him over Hart....

The Hart wants what the Hart wants...

Sidenote:

All V-day squad

Josh Hart

Denzel Valentine

Shelvin Mack-Daddy

stash Kevin Love in IL!

Happy Russell Stover's Roundballin' gents! The day when basketballs are shaped like :wub:

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 3

On 2/14/2018 at 2:09 AM, Bugs bunny said:

On 2/14/2018 at 12:46 PM, jrmintz said:

Good point, I forget to account for the dead leagues at this point of the season. I guess I was trying to point out that he may be floating in the wire more likely than others. D. Murray pushed out a solid game last night with his out of position stats. I still think he is a great WW addition now that is has been given the reigns of PG.

yeah bugs bunny is right, i checked and Murray is 65% owned right now