SpecialFNK

Joe Musgrove 2018 Outlook

As I was saying. Nova carving up the Cubs. That should be Musky. 

Expect a rough outing for him at AZ. 

Sad!

Edited by Members_Only_76

3 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

As I was saying. Nova carving up the Cubs. That should be Musky. 

Expect a rough outing for him at AZ. 

Sad!

im sitting him vs AZ as well

35 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

im sitting him vs AZ as well

i'm starting, screw ARI. it's a monday plenty of time to recover

• Like 1

What am I missing? Why are people afraid of Arizona? They're 29th out of 30 in OPS vs righties this year. Chase Field is 22nd in park factors this year. Of course, now that I've written that he'll get shelled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, meh2 said:

What am I missing? Why are people afraid of Arizona? They're 29th out of 30 in OPS vs righties this year. Chase Field is 22nd in park factors this year. Of course, now that I've written that he'll get shelled.

People are scared that Arizona is "hot" recently in June because they beat up on the Marlins and had 3 games in Coors... they also played the cardinals, scoring 9 runs over a 3 game series, which is why I don't buy small samples for team hitting... at Colorado and Miami are some of the easiest matchups you can ask to throw runs up.

If you are shy to start someone vs Arizona I don't see why you would bother owning them.

Edited by StevieStats
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Why is CBS saying he could start twice this week?

because CBS.  much like RW, i wouldnt go by anything found in CBS blurbs.  hes scheduled to start two games this week....

17 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Timing is everything. I’ll gladly eat crow if I’m wrong. 

If Musgrove has a bad outing, it's more of a reflection on him, than Arizona. If you believe in Musgrove as a player, he starts -- if you don't that should say more about how you feel about him IMO. Would you sit your SP4 vs Arizona? I wouldn't. 

If Musgrove has a poor outing, he's taking one step towards the waiver wire. He's several steps away, but it would certainly be one step in the wrong direction.

Edited by StevieStats
  • Like 1

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/fantasy-baseball-waiver-wire-a-new-side-of-joe-musgrove-shows-more-upside/

this is is a few weeks old but his velocity is up. Could be pirates are on to doing what they have been doing with pitchers...idk but interesting. With all injuries to pitchers I’d bet several are hoping he’s a improved version of himself. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tucker26 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/fantasy-baseball-waiver-wire-a-new-side-of-joe-musgrove-shows-more-upside/

this is is a few weeks old but his velocity is up. Could be pirates are on to doing what they have been doing with pitchers...idk but interesting. With all injuries to pitchers I’d bet several are hoping he’s a improved version of himself. 

Pirates also had Morton and it took him leaving PIT to improve.

Yes, very much hoping he's improved and continuing to improve though.

34 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

If Musgrove has a bad outing, it's more of a reflection on him, than Arizona. If you believe in Musgrove as a player, he starts -- if you don't that should say more about how you feel about him IMO. Would you sit your SP4 vs Arizona? I wouldn't. 

If Musgrove has a poor outing, he's taking one step towards the waiver wire. He's several steps away, but it would certainly be one step in the wrong direction.

True.

And not that it matters, I'm starting him. I'm just bummed he didn't get the Cubs yesterday and shut them down like Kingham did. Just bad timing and I think the Dbacks are hot whereas the Cubs are not.

just seems like when pitches changes schedules last minute it doesn't end well. Let's hope Musky proves me wrong!!

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Like 1

Genrallly @AZ is good place to avoid pitching risks. So I understand the skeptism in this start. 

Edited by tucker26

Fantastic start ended up very good:

6 IP, 2 ER, 6 SO, 0 BB, 5 H

He did have 6 IP,  0 ER, 6 SO, 0 BB, 4 H... but when he went out for the 7th he didn't get a single out and ran in to trouble hitting a batter, wild pitch advanced him to 2B, line drive single scoring runner, then a throwing error by his 3B... he got yanked after the error, Edgar Santana came in and blew the game allowing both those inherited runners to score plus 2 more. 

4 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Fantastic start ended up very good:

6 IP, 2 ER, 6 SO, 0 BB, 5 H

He did have 6 IP,  0 ER, 6 SO, 0 BB, 4 H... but when he went out for the 7th he didn't get a single out and ran in to trouble hitting a batter, wild pitch advanced him to 2B, line drive single scoring runner, then a throwing error by his 3B... he got yanked after the error, Edgar Santana came in and blew the game allowing both those inherited runners to score plus 2 more. 

To be clear, the HBP was intentional. It was retaliation from Harrison being hit by a pitch earlier in the game. You’d think Pittsburgh might wait for a reliever to enter before enacting revenge. The wheels came off quickly after Musgrove’s HBP and ultimately cost the Pirates a win. You gotta love the unwritten rules.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

we startin with confidence today, fellas?

Yeah, I'm treating him as a mus play today.

Definite start at home. Cincy shouldn’t scare you.

1 hour ago, crotchcrickets said:

we startin with confidence today, fellas?

I dont see why not, hes a set and forget guy for me. Velocity gains retained from last years mechanical chance, plus command, 4 above average pitches

• Like 2

Is he a hold or has he been figured out? I know up until today he’s been pretty good, but we are in a, “What have you done for me lately” business...