BostonCajun

Ian Kinsler 2018 Outlook

On 5/1/2018 at 10:37 AM, pbjfb said:

He's making great contact (94%), the problem is it's very weak contact, hard hit is 25%, why is he so weak?

This is a guy you give a couple extra weeks, but it’s not like this all came out of nowhere. The decline is evident.

He’s barely rosterable 

I'm surprised they haven't sent him down to the bottom of the lineup. He's been brutal outside of his first game back.

3 hours ago, 2pac said:

I'm surprised they haven't sent him down to the bottom of the lineup. He's been brutal outside of his first game back.

They did move him down today. Hitting 6th

6 hours ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Is there any point in holding onto this guy at this point?

I’m asking myself the same question. He’s been terrible. He’s been on my bench for almost the entire season so far. 

50 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

I’m asking myself the same question. He’s been terrible. He’s been on my bench for almost the entire season so far. 

same...its getting tough...thought hed have a big year in front of trout and upton

He was dropped a week or so back in my 16 team league and I picked him up, but dropped him yesterday.  No one has swooped yet.  At this point I like Zobrist and Kendrick better than him if you need 2B help.

I think we're to a point that he's not rosterable in any leagues that aren't 18+ teams.  I'm ready to cut him in my 16 team league today. Made a small trade for him at the beginning of the year, and he's been terrible, but I've kept him be because he's been batting at the top of that lineup. Now that they dropped him, I think he has to go.

Edited by hoops886

He's a FA in my 14 teamer, and to be honest, I had to look just to confirm he was even available.  At this point, I can't imagine you don't have a better option at 2B, or even MI in almost any format.

I guess I'm the last fool still rostering this bum (deep 14-team league). But that won't be the case tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, kaesr said:

I guess I'm the last fool still rostering this bum (deep 14-team league). But that won't be the case tomorrow.

Fine career but looks like he's reaching the end of the road.  He has been horrible.

3 bombs in the last 5 games and most of those were 2+ hit games...glad I was forced to add him with a hole at 2b last week but what is going on with him right now that he suddenly flipped a switch from sucking D to raking

• Like 1

He's back! 14 for his last 40. Plenty of opportunities hitting leadoff in front of Trout & Upton. Kinsler is underrated for sure.

Edited by ZChronicNebula
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Lightning Bat said:

Must own?

Since a week ago. 

• Like 1

man im glad i didnt drop him in my keeper. i was REALLY close

ROS outlook? Not familiar with Kinsler really at all, but his low K-rate (8.3%) and low BABIP (.210) make me wonder if he will rebound after a horrific start. Thoughts?

15 minutes ago, NorthBoundTrain said:

ROS outlook? Not familiar with Kinsler really at all, but his low K-rate (8.3%) and low BABIP (.210) make me wonder if he will rebound after a horrific start. Thoughts?

Two years in a row he's got a really low BABIP so not sure if you can count on him being more than a .260 hitter at best.  He did start slow due to injury though and is running more with the Angels than with Detroit.  Still a buy low if you can.

• Like 3

Getting bumped from the leadoff spot today. Batting 7th. Not a good spot esp with that lineup struggling. If he doesn’t get back the leadoff spot he’s droppable since he’s not hitting in front of Trout. 

• Like 1