NYR Fan 116894

LeSean McCoy 2018 Outlook

13 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

When did Allen come in? Seemed like peterman was in the game way too long.

i also read a blurb that said the bills are unsure whether to start Allen or peterman game 2 LOOOL

Well bhawks,  u never want to throw your franchise rookie qb in the game just because u have to.  

Want him to be ready and earn the opportunity.   

27 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Well bhawks,  u never want to throw your franchise rookie qb in the game just because u have to.  

Want him to be ready and earn the opportunity.   

I think I've earned a spot on the 53 over peterman 

45 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

When did Allen come in? Seemed like peterman was in the game way too long.

i also read a blurb that said the bills are unsure whether to start Allen or peterman game 2 LOOOL

Allen can't be any worse than Peterman but for the sake of confidence and maturation, Peterman should be out there for two reasons:

1. SD, Minn and GB are on deck. GB could be a spot to start the Allen era, but a rookie in Lambeau? I would wait until the following week on the road against TENN, but I'm no coach lol.

2. For the sake of fantasy owners and DFS owners everywhere. Start every opposing offensive player and of course every defender and D/ST while Peterman is in their lol. FREE Points baby!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sternes said:

Didn't understand why he didn't get any dumpoffs. Figured he would be the #2 option behind Benjamin with a young QB.

i agree. i know this team is garbage. im hoping for more rec yards this year out of him. this team will abandon the run in most games by the half.

Yeah, McCoy was #6 in receptions for RBs last year with 59, and #10 with 50 the year before that. Planned on a nice uptick but I might need to get my head examined.

31 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Allen can't be any worse than Peterman but for the sake of confidence and maturation, Peterman should be out there for two reasons:

1. SD, Minn and GB are on deck. GB could be a spot to start the Allen era, but a rookie in Lambeau? I would wait until the following week on the road against TENN, but I'm no coach lol.

2. For the sake of fantasy owners and DFS owners everywhere. Start every opposing offensive player and of course every defender and D/ST while Peterman is in their lol. FREE Points baby!

I agree- Good insight.   You’re not doing yourself any favors forcing the matter.  

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

This may be a good chance to buy low in redrafts. 

Oof...you’re brave man lol.  

Id love to hear the price if anyone tries this 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Oof...you’re brave man lol.  

Id love to hear the price if anyone tries this 

Just landed him by giving up Edelman  all aboard the mccoy train

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins
  • Like 1

you had to know there would be implosion weeks given it's the bills

chargers gotta come east for the buffalo home opener with crazed fans in the building. double digit lock for mccoy this week. 

if you're still so freaked out, trade him next week. draft day value will be restored, if not elevated b/c suspension fears are dissipating. 

• Like 3

I hate trying to sell a guy like McCoy. You’re just never going to get good value in return for him. Best to hang on IMO and hopefully ride it out until Josh Allen finds his way and some better matchups start coming.

36 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Chargers then Vikings the next two weeks. :ph34r:

His schedule clears up a bit after that. It’s a marathon not a sprint for the players you spent Top 8-round draft picks on. With Shady this year, you have to appreciate the he should be predictable. Of course, he’s a sit against Minnesota or at best a second flex but as long as you have the common sense you can temper your expectations and make adjustments to your line up. However, you can’t tell me you’re not rolling him out twice against the dolphins this year with confidence and you can do that in other games that the Bills have the juice to compete in.

I'm probably starting McCoy, but definitely not with confidence. [Removed AC content]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

I'm calling it now. McCoy drops 20 points in standard scoring this week and everyone asks if they should trade Conner for McCoy next week. This team is not as bad as they were week 1.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, n4sa said:

I'm calling it now. McCoy drops 20 points in standard scoring this week and everyone asks if they should trade Conner for McCoy next week. This team is not as bad as they were week 1.

SD coming cross country for an early game has brutally terrible stats.  They’re hurt too- secondary and Bosa.    

This SHOULD be a nice bounce back

22 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

SD coming cross country for an early game has brutally terrible stats.  They’re hurt too- secondary and Bosa.    

This SHOULD be a nice bounce back

It helps that he is home.

3 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

It helps that he is home.

They played the Chargers last season in LA and got stomped 24-54...shady had 120/2.  

Good precedent even in a bad loss on the road 

• Thanks 1

Gotta sit him until we see life. 

In theory, McCoy should see heavy workloads week in and week out with the Bills starting inexperienced quarterbacks Nathan Peterman (Week 1) and Josh Allen (Week 2 and beyond), but the complete ineptitude of those two passers has (and figures to) led to opposing defenses selling out to stop McCoy and making the quarterback beat them. Until that happens, I can’t in good faith roll McCoy out there in fantasy. He carried the ball seven times for a measly 22 yards (3.1 YPC) in the opener and saw just three targets, netting one catch for a one-yard loss. The Chargers got torched by Patrick Mahomes in Week 1, but nobody sees Allen this week doing what Mahomes did last. And the Chargers’ run defense wasn’t the problem. They bottled up Kareem Hunt, allowing just 49 yards on 16 carries (3.06 YPC) to last year’s rushing leader. Hunt also didn’t catch a pass. I’m completely off McCoy until this offense shows any signs of life. Even at home, the Bills are touchdown underdogs with the second-lowest total (17.75 points) of Week 2.

If they don’t target and get Shady involved, the Bills will loose every single game this year.

The 3 targets in game one isn't good enough....

But, I don’t know if Josh Allen knows how to run an offense.  He seems to want to scrabble and try to hit home runs deep, rather than dump it off to Shady (etc).

Until Josh figures out to just take what’s given and move the sticks, Shady is a desperation start.

I’d ride Shady until the wheels fall off because this might be his last as a Bill... but what do I know.

He will be seeing a loading 8 man box all day and the Chargers will be daring Josh to beat them through the air. Until I see some level of consistency from him and the Bills he will be watching this from the bench.

I'm starting AlfMo over him this week, but if Fournette's reports aren't good early Sunday.. I'll be rolling with Shady. Rookie QBs are unpredictable, in a good or bad way is to be determined.

1 minute ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Anybody actually starting this guy with confidence? 

Starting? Yes. With confidence? Lmao no.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1