NYR Fan 116894

LeSean McCoy 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Anybody actually starting this guy with confidence? 

Not me. Plan was for him to be my Flex. But I’m going either Marvin Jones or Drake over him.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, n4sa said:

I'm calling it now. McCoy drops 20 points in standard scoring this week and everyone asks if they should trade Conner for McCoy next week. This team is not as bad as they were week 1.

I have this same gut feeling honestly.  It's made deciding my flex a lot more difficult.  It didn't help that in the PFF OL/DL matchup chart BUF was given a pretty solid advantage, which surprised me, but is likely in large part due to Bosa's absence.  As others have mentioned, west coast team going east for a 10am start.  I'm sure the Bills are pretty pissed at what they put on the field in week 1, sometimes a QB change can re-ignite a team too.

Useless player. In a 3 way timeshare on the worst team in the league and doesn't even get goal line touches.

1 minute ago, MJJ28 said:

Useless player. In a 3 way timeshare on the worst team in the league and doesn't even get goal line touches.

In a timeshare with who? Josh Allen? He has 67% of the carries and is leading the Bills in receptions.

• Haha 1

Time to drop this bum for a higher upside player.

Old age for an RB, league-worst offense, and a rib injury that kept him from returning today?  No thanks, Jeffery.

Edited by The Joey Harringtons

2 hours ago, jujuonthebeat said:

In a timeshare with who? Josh Allen? He has 67% of the carries and is leading the Bills in receptions.

Starting to think it doesn't matter if the game script is against him every week and the line is garbage. Benching him unless it's a juicy matchup.

He did better than Kareem Hunt did last week against the Chargers. 

Different games and different teams, I know. 

Just reaching for something. 

3 hours ago, The Joey Harringtons said:

Time to drop this bum for a higher upside player.

Old age for an RB, league-worst offense, and a rib injury that kept him from returning today?  No thanks, Jeffery.

You most likely drafted him with a top 50/55 pick. 

In most leagues, losing draft capital like that probably costs you a playoff spot or worse,  a bottom 3 finish. 

3 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

In most leagues, losing draft capital like that probably costs you a playoff spot or worse,  a bottom 3 finish. 

I drafted him with pick #36! I still dropped his a** this afternoon, because in my opinion, to hold him is a prime example of the sunk cost fallacy. 

Maybe you are in a 18 team deep league, but I see him as a low floor / low ceiling RB who isn't worth the bench spot. Le'Veon Bell is looking like a bad pick at #1 overall... so is McKinnon in the 3rd. It ain't the draft anymore! 

2 minutes ago, The Joey Harringtons said:

I drafted him with pick #36! I still dropped his a** this afternoon, because in my opinion, to hold him is a prime example of the sunk cost fallacy. 

Maybe you are in a 18 team deep league, but I see him as a low floor / low ceiling RB who isn't worth the bench spot. Levon Bell is looking like a bad pick at #1 overall... it ain't the draft anymore, doesn't matter what round you took him.

Ouch. Overreactions this bad so early in the season?

3 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

I drafted him with my 4th round pick. But I also picked up Miller in the 5th and Conner off waivers. Losing someone like that is recoverable through waivers and trades. Not all is lost...

Edit: To further the point, perhaps a Melvin Gordon, Jay Ajayi, Mixon injury would yield a similar return in value if you picked up their replacement. The Ajayi and Mixon scenario have already happened to varying degrees.

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Ouch. Overreactions this bad so early in the season?

Could be. I just don't see this Bills offense going anywhere. And he's hurt. And he's old.

Hopefully if you drafted this guy, you did so with the idea that he would be your RB2 and not your RB1. And hopefully you also picked up some additional startable RBs later in the draft in view of his potential legal trouble and/or suspension, as I did with Hyde, Morris, and Coleman. We’ll have to see about the ribs, but the Chargers have a decent run D and this was Josh Allen’s first start. Better days are ahead, and the matchups do get better later in the season. And he seems to have evaded the possibility of a suspension, which was my biggest concern entering the season.

Call me crazy, but if I didn’t own him, I might be looking to buy and consider throwing his owner a super lowball offer just to see if they would bite. (Or, if I played in Joey Five Picks’ league, just scoop him off the waiver wire and stash him on my bench until things improve. :lol:)

Edited by kraftwrk_5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hoped for more from him, but quite content with what he was able to produce.  Chargers clearly weren't respecting the pass, for good reason, so its a minor miracle that he was able to get what he did.  The rib injury is a concern, but also his next 2 games don't get much easier (@MIN, @GB).  Depending on the severity of the injury, it may have come at a good time for fantasy owners as I don't think there's a single owner that would be thrilled to play him in those spots.  Gives us another red flag and reason not to play him if he does suit up, or he doesn't play at all and heals up in time for the schedule to lighten up a bit.

There's also the small possibility that Buffalo decides that he shouldn't have to suffer through their rebuild and trade him to a more competitive team.  Anyone cutting him loose must have insane depth at RB.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

He didn't look..ancient today. I'm glad I didn't drop but he's not helping much right now. I hope things turn around for shady..

He looks fine when he has the ball. Had a couple good runs and a 20 or so yarder called back on an unnecessary weakside hold that had no impact on the play. The problem is the team's ability to sustain an offense. Allen was bad overall but he was better than Peterman and he can make some plays on his feet. I expect similar garbage production to come in the next 2 weeks when it can be assumed that they will be facing horrible game flow.

*CSB* I am activating a backup plan (FAAB all in on Gio Bernard and Ingram for week 5) and benching him for the next 3 weeks. I will reevaluate the situation in week 5 in hopes that production will improve with an easier schedule and more time with Allen at the helm.

Hopefully other owners have a contingency plan in place. We all knew the risks when drafting him.

• Like 1

Would be great if the Bills would just rest him against Minny and GB, allow him to get right, and then bring him back for week 5 at home against Tennessee. If they throw an already hobbled McCoy out there for those games, he’s just going to get pummeled.

On 9/16/2018 at 11:51 AM, jujuonthebeat said:

Some guy named Murphy.

McCoy had 48% of snaps yesterday and was rotating with this Murphy guy even before he got hurt. Then when they get inside the 5 Ivory comes in. It’s a full blown 3 man backfield for one of the worst teams in history. 

• Thanks 1