NYR Fan 116894

LeSean McCoy 2018 Outlook

Is there any remote chance he could get traded? I can't think of who would need him and would be a good fantasy destination off the top of my head. Might be an injury to a strong team in coming weeks, im holding, he looked pretty decent yesterday..

4 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Is there any remote chance he could get traded? I can't think of who would need him and would be a good fantasy destination off the top of my head. Might be an injury to a strong team in coming weeks, im holding, he looked pretty decent yesterday..

I can’t think of any landing spot where he would be a 3 down back. Jets, Lions, Broncos, or 49ers he could possibly beat out the competition but he couldn’t  just go there as the clear cut dominator of carries...

19 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

This actually might be the best landing spot for him. I overlooked them.

Yea i could see that. Eagles and Vikings too, would require injury there. But Bucs could make alot of sense if they stay hot and RB's underwhelm

I’d say best case scenario he gets traded to a team like the bucs, 9ers, or colts. But in the more likely scenario that he stays in Buffalo I still think he could put up solid flex numbers, especially in ppr. This guy is a warrior and seems committed to his team in a way that many current players don’t seem to be (Vontae Davis anyone?).

Aside from the off field issues, McCoy has been a steady NFL veteran whose done things the right way for a long time. 40-50 rushing yards and 3 rec for 25 yards could be a baseline once Allen gets a little more settled and the matchups lighten up a bit.

Biggest concern is the franchise deciding to sit him in the event of a minor injury for the sake of tanking. But if they take that route they might as well trade him. I’m certainly holding and hoping for decent numbers from week 4 on if the rib issue doesn’t linger.

• Like 1

Guy's I'm afraid the only way to get anything out of him is if he gets traded. I really don't think he's a startable right now injury or not.

Edited by WVFalcon
  • Sad 1

Totally regret buying shares of him across all my leagues... seemed like a bargain around late4th/early 5th rounds.

I’d be much more optimistic if ivory didn’t vulture all the goal line work and without  Murphy siphoning some of the carries away too.

To make matters worse, he’s playing behind a ramshackle offensive line and inept pair of quarterbacks —not to mention a relatively subpar defense, as well. There’s not much to like here at all. 

Hes a low to mid-end flex unless Josh Allen legit has a rookie-year Deshaun Watson renaissance out of no where or this defense magically starts shutting oppenents down  and keeping games competitive

Edited by J Boogie

With the way the NFL handles investigations and administering discipline one has to think that its time to sell him for whatever you can get. At some point the NFL is going to put him in timeout whether the allegations (unfortunately now plural) have any merit or not. 

OTOH, league investigations have a way of meandering onward for untold stretches of time.  At this point, it’s all a game of he-said/she-said, which won’t have any effect on his availability.  Any statements included in an affidavit made by some other person (e.g., a son) have no evidentiary weight whatsoever under the hearsay rule.

8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

OTOH, league investigations have a way of meandering onward for untold stretches of time.  At this point, it’s all a game of he-said/she-said, which won’t have any effect on his availability.  Any statements included in an affidavit made by some other person (e.g., a son) have no evidentiary weight whatsoever under the hearsay rule.

ok, but the mother has a stand alone pending suit of child abuse, which is disassocisted from the earlier allegations of the home invasion fiasco/fustercluck. 

12 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

ok, but the mother has a stand alone pending suit of child abuse, which is disassocisted from the earlier allegations of the home invasion fiasco/fustercluck. 

It’s my understanding that the child-abuse allegations are directly related to those made by his ex-girlfriend, and that in fact the child’s mother recently claimed that those allegations were untrue.  She now faces a credibility issue, as she’s essentially admitting that her former representations were untrue. (Technically, she now claims someone else made them on her behalf without her consent - which is also deeply strange, considering if your son was being abused, you probably wouldn’t permit the record to show that you believed he wasn’t being abused.)

27 minutes ago, BMcP said:

It’s my understanding that the child-abuse allegations are directly related to those made by his ex-girlfriend, and that in fact the child’s mother recently claimed that those allegations were untrue.  She now faces a credibility issue, as she’s essentially admitting that her former representations were untrue. (Technically, she now claims someone else made them on her behalf without her consent - which is also deeply strange, considering if your son was being abused, you probably wouldn’t permit the record to show that you believed he wasn’t being abused.)

fair enough, let's see how it shakes ... but there's a lot of smoke up in here, this dude's dirty. 

Whoda thunk it about a grown man who calls himself “Shady”?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Except the NFL has shown that they will do their own thing at their leisure on their own timetable. This isn't a courtroom, see the Zeke fiasco of 2017.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

NFL doesn't need to follow the rules of civil procedure or evidence.  

The optics here are terrible. You have a live pleading alleging child abuse with a picture of a bruised up kid. This could be very bad for Mr. McCoy. 

Edited by HTM

uhhh should we be worried...?

This is however curious timing with a pending child custody case looming.

Hope it's not true -- not just for fantasy purpose, but for LeSean as a human being.

Edited by Spina

14 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

Except the NFL has shown that they will do their own thing at their leisure on their own timetable. This isn't a courtroom, see the Zeke fiasco of 2017.

Of course they aren’t bound by rules of civil or criminal procedure - I didn’t mean to suggest otherwise.  But the Elliott matter was investigated for over a year before the league finally took action - that’s probably not an apt comparison if you’re expecting an imminent suspension here.  Similarly, Robby Anderson’s matter is apparently still under review from incidents occurring early in the off-season.

20 minutes ago, Spina said:

uhhh should we be worried...?

This is however curious timing with a pending child custody case looming.

Hope it's not true -- not just for fantasy purpose, but for LeSean as a human being.

yeah, i'm more worried about the kid, the hell with "Shady"

I'm really hoping they sit him this week since it's going to be tough sledding anyway. His schedule finally starts getting a little easier next week and he might actually be startable then.