NYR Fan 116894

LeSean McCoy 2018 Outlook

19 hours ago, BrianM said:

I'm only just seeing this.  I say no way in hell on draft day.  They're not bold enough to throw away 2018 even if there are reasons to punt and create two drafts' worth of rebuild.   

However, an October trade after they struggle makes sense.   McCoy of course has to remain spry and healthy for that to happen, but its easy to see that scenario

1. t's hard to find trading partners midseason for a big contract player. i don't recall the specifics but it can really screw up the salary cap economics.

2. Shady is more valuable to another team before the season starts and they have their rosters locked in

3. If u do a mid-season trade with shady u are telling ur fans u are ABANDONING SHIP after you locked  in the ticket sales. 

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

1. t's hard to find trading partners midseason for a big contract player. i don't recall the specifics but it can really screw up the salary cap economics.

2. Shady is more valuable to another team before the season starts and they have their rosters locked in

3. If u do a mid-season trade with shady u are telling ur fans u are ABANDONING SHIP after you locked  in the ticket sales. 

The Giants are their best bet.  However, with this stunning bevy of talent and depth at rb in the draft....  I’d think they would value a second round pick to add to the 2 firsts much more than Shady.    You get youth, talent, and a dirt cheap contract. 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

Just now, Impreza178 said:

The Giants are their best bet.  However, with this stunning bevy of talent and depth at rb in the draft....  I’d think they would value a second round pick to add to the 2 firsts much more than Shady.    You get youth, talent, and a dirt cheap contract. 

Gase has been dying to have a do it all rb for a 2 seasons now

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Again, a rebuilding team.   Not typically the type who gives up a second for a 29 yr old rb.   Nor do they have a pick that gets buffalo their qb. 

40 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Cap # does factor in.....he's not like Jay Ajayi last year, he wont fit cheaply.   

But the abandoning ship comment- if they're clearly a sinking ship 7 games in (say, 2-5 beating the Jets and Browns each), i dont think its a problem at all to abandon the fans.   Around here, they ALWAYS come back, in laughable fashion.   They just got their morsel of playoffs too, there's a TON of rope for Beane if he wants to keep retooling.   They use the Sixers' "Trust The Process" thing here....and they'll absolutely marginalize a Shady trade in October, and renew seasons again the next year.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Cap # does factor in.....he's not like Jay Ajayi last year, he wont fit cheaply.   

But the abandoning ship comment- if they're clearly a sinking ship 7 games in (say, 2-5 beating the Jets and Browns each), i dont think its a problem at all to abandon the fans.   Around here, they ALWAYS come back, in laughable fashion.   They just got their morsel of playoffs too, there's a TON of rope for Beane if he wants to keep retooling.   They use the Sixers' "Trust The Process" thing here....and they'll absolutely marginalize a Shady trade in October, and renew seasons again the next year.  

Fantastic post.  

Are there more loyal fans in the face of certain disaster than Bills fans? :D

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dashoe said:

There is no way they deal Shady in division. Im sure Shady would love it because I bet the prescreened girls are WAY better in Miami than upstate New York, but never happening.

• Haha 3

There are something like 13 players still on the roster that were signed/drafted before McDermott was hired.   That was 15 months ago!     

• Like 1

What team is going to be worse than BUF in 2018? Hard to think of one right now. 

Staying FAR away from Shady this year unless he drops like crazy.  Tyrod gone, most of the OL gone, pushing 30 with a bunch of wear and tear on his body.  As of right now, I think Shady is a great candidate to be the "bust of the year."

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

What team is going to be worse than BUF in 2018? Hard to think of one right now. 

the cards may come close given their schedule

17 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

Staying FAR away from Shady this year unless he drops like crazy.  Tyrod gone, most of the OL gone, pushing 30 with a bunch of wear and tear on his body.  As of right now, I think Shady is a great candidate to be the "bust of the year."

He's for sure going to be starting, and should still be heavily targeted.   50 catches is very reasonable.   He's still a RB2 for that reason alone- the floor is high, and he'll be one of the top RB's in touches.     I do expect his YPC to be a career low.  I have to credit him too- he toughs out a lot of injures.  He went down in week 17, gutted out the playoff game the week after- had 26 touches, 120 yards.    

I don't think i'm ready to dig his grave or anything- its just time to drop him down.   He's likely hitting the Frank Gore in Indy stage now, plus we've seen such a renaissance in the last couple years at RB, its hard to think Shady can hang with all these young bucks (in fantasy terms)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrianM said:

He's for sure going to be starting, and should still be heavily targeted.   50 catches is very reasonable.   He's still a RB2 for that reason alone- the floor is high, and he'll be one of the top RB's in touches.     I do expect his YPC to be a career low.  I have to credit him too- he toughs out a lot of injures.  He went down in week 17, gutted out the playoff game the week after- had 26 touches, 120 yards.    

I don't think i'm ready to dig his grave or anything- its just time to drop him down.   He's likely hitting the Frank Gore in Indy stage now, plus we've seen such a renaissance in the last couple years at RB, its hard to think Shady can hang with all these young bucks (in fantasy terms)

ONE MORE YEAR!!!!!

ONE MORE YEAR!!!!

Lets talk turkey....

late second a bargain?

Ehh, i'd prefer round 3

Gotta take the following before Shady now, i think:  Gurley, Bell, Zeke, DJ, Hunt, Fournette, Gordon, Kamara, Ingram, Freeman

Considering as well: Barkley, any other clearly starting rookie, Cook, McCaffrey

The draft is clearly going to reshape this team, so we'll be revisiting all this in a few weeks I'm sure

Edited by BrianM
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Ehh, i'd prefer round 3

Gotta take the following before Shady now, i think:  Gurley, Bell, Zeke, DJ, Hunt, Fournette, Gordon, Kamara, Ingram, Freeman

Considering as well: Barkley, any other clearly starting rookie, Cook, McCaffrey

The draft is clearly going to reshape this team, so we'll be revisiting all this in a few weeks I'm sure

Losing both his all pro linemen is brutal.  The one thing this team did great was run the rock.   Shady/Karlos and shady/Gill.    

Now u just have to cling to volume  

25 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Losing both his all pro linemen is brutal.  The one thing this team did great was run the rock.   Shady/Karlos and shady/Gill.    

Now u just have to cling to volume  

A lot of that running was bc of Tyrod as a threat. Now with a statue QB + bad OL + no WRs. Good luck

3 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Not sure you even need  to leave the division.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Not sure you even need  to leave the division.

True, MIA will be horrid. Another easy division title for NE.

1 minute ago, joshua18 said:

True, MIA will be horrid. Another easy division title for NE.

And so will the baker mayfield led jets...

Just now, Impreza178 said:

And so will the baker mayfield led jets...

At least the Jets have a good defense and good HC. They won't be horrid.

Just now, joshua18 said:

At least the Jets have a good defense and good HC. They won't be horrid.

Any of these teams would be lucky to win 6 games...but it seldom shakes out how we think. Look no further than 2017 buffalo

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Any of these teams would be lucky to win 6 games...but it seldom shakes out how we think. Look no further than 2017 buffalo

I thought BUF would be decent as long as Tyrod started -- which happened. Without him, they're toast, especially with them losing OL starters. 

The Jets have a shot at 7-8 wins depending on the QB situation.

2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

I thought BUF would be decent as long as Tyrod started -- which happened. Without him, they're toast, especially with them losing OL starters. 

The Jets have a shot at 7-8 wins depending on the QB situation.

Well let’s not be too hasty...Bills have a couple first round picks— depending on if they trade up.   A couple lineman, some D talent later,  + AJM not being terrible.....

long shot but it’s a bad division so

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Well let’s not be too hasty...Bills have a couple first round picks— depending on if they trade up.   A couple lineman, some D talent later,  + AJM not being terrible.....

long shot but it’s a bad division so

BUF will be lucky to win 4 games this season.