NYR Fan 116894

LeSean McCoy 2018 Outlook

12 minutes ago, ragrag said:

I believe in standard he's worth a 6th round pick on a 12 team.

Would take him in the early 3rd in PPR.  He's gonna get a s--- ton of volume in the passing game.

obv if any of this legal stuff gets tied to him ahead of draft he's a late round flyer or DND.

A lot of uncertainty but he’s reporting to camp.   if you’re drafting soon-  I can see him going 4th or 5th at the latest.   If you’re drafting late Aug/Sept and Shady is officially cleared...he’s a must draft in the third if there.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Before the Delicia Cordon beat-down even happened, McCoy was a DND for me due to his age, the quality of his team around him, and the losses in the O-line.

He was already DND for me too. Bad o-line & weak passing game = a lot of 8-man fronts for a 30 year old runner. Does he have a good year? Maybe, but I’ll let someone else take that chance now

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

He was already DND for me too. Bad o-line & weak passing game = a lot of 8-man fronts for a 30 year old runner. Does he have a good year? Maybe, but I’ll let someone else take that chance now

That’s a good way to allow someone to build a superteam.   

Bell/Freeman/Shady start?    Sign me up 

5 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

But I will be happy to bid him for a dollar & watch the other guys burn their budget on him ?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

But I will be happy to bid him for a dollar & watch the other guys burn their budget on him ?

Great plan but I have a feeling Goodell will crap the tub by draft day, unless yours is very soon.

[Locked again until further notice.  The topic of "value pick or not" is very much dependent on one's personal opinion about how an ongoing investigation will play out.  No amount of comparison to previous incidents, arguing about what did or didn't happen, or cross examination of other posters is likely to result in any actionable fantasy advice.

If you want to discuss McCoy's fantasy outlook in a way that doesn't involve baseless speculation about the events in question, then we need you to be part of the solution here and start reporting posts that cross the line before the thread circles the drain several times.  For now, enjoy another cooling off period.]

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I was taking Guice as my 4th rounder as a bit of a reach in an 8 team standard league... going off me projected what should be left at my 4th pick now, im torn between Mccoy and Mixon and Julio...

Who do yas take??

(yes i know they all should not be there in 4th round)

is this guy being criminally undervalued??....(see what I did there?)  but seriously, reports are he looks electric and his reception count could climb with negative game scripts weekly. Still a 2nd rounder in ppr? The rb pool is thinning by the day after all

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe Odam said:

is this guy being criminally undervalued??....(see what I did there?)  but seriously, reports are he looks electric and his reception count could climb with negative game scripts weekly. Still a 2nd rounder in ppr? The rb pool is thinning by the day after all

Thanks man.

im very keen to bring in shady at this price. But zeke killed me last year with 6 weeks out mid year. Is it possible that happens again??

8 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

5 minutes ago, Schmakky141 said:

Thanks man.

im very keen to bring in shady at this price. But zeke killed me last year with 6 weeks out mid year. Is it possible that happens again??

The risk/reward depends on the draft and the selling price, right? I took Zeke in the 3rd last year and the team made it to the championship despite the 6-game absence. I wouldn't go Shady in the 2nd----because there's a good chance we haven't heard the last of this, if not legally than at least from Goodell's office----but Shady in the late 3rd or less than $20 in auction seems a no-brainer, though not without risk.

24 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Criminally.  I just got him in the third and couldn’t be happier.   Mixon will be going in the second soon...if not already.   McCoy is a steal. 

So at the third, im looking like Mccoy, Mixon and Julio all available?

my first 2 picks are Zeke and Hopkins.

my 4th pick will be Howard.

who do you take??

shady is shady for sure in this draft. he is 30. ......but....he could still be very productive as he was last year. i do think the nagging little injuries are going to start creeping into his game more this season. he still has that work horse role and that is the most appealing part. to me the work load this guy could get still over weighs the legal situation for sure. this could turn into a "zeke" situation, but if he gets tagged with anything pertaining to this matter we may not have to worry about a suspension, because he will do time for that. with all that weighed out for me  i would take him in the 3rd, absolutely in the 4th.....but he wont be there after that, so my guess is 3rd round. i would take 2 rbs before him in the 1st and 2nd......shady in the 3rd as a flex, and then sit back and wait i guess. if he passes thru the screen you are set big time. that is exactly what i did in a "yahoo" league in a draft.....elliott 4th spot.....mcaffery on way back......then 4th spot in the 3rd to shady......i like rbs that will get volume/touches over tds. with volume tds can come anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Schmakky141 said:

who do you take??

4 team league?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

who do you take??

if julio is there you better jump over that table ....knocking  and kicking people.... and be holding a 4 foot 2x4 busting heads and clearing a path to get to that draft board to get julios name on there  as fast as your a** can travel.....my personal opinion is that you will never never ever see julio still on the boards in the 3rd he is an early 2nd rounder in our league for sure.

• Like 3

Hhaha cheers fans for the help guys. 

Its 8 team league, but its trending TEs will fall at 3rd round...

its hypothetical and this is just guessing with chinese whispers in our league.

im torn between Mccoy and Jones, but am leaning toward Jones even after his poor 2017 season

10 minutes ago, Schmakky141 said:

So at the third, im looking like [...] Julio

im torn between Mccoy and Jones, but am leaning toward Jones even after his poor 2017 season

3rd? Julio who? Iglesias?

julio6.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You mean his poor, 1400 yard season?

35 minutes ago, Schmakky141 said:

LOL.  Never heard this expression, but it really makes me laugh.

17 minutes ago, Schmakky141 said:

Hahhaa i was more implying his fantasy season. But yeh. I didnt even realize he got 1400 yards haha.... f--- hed be good if he got TD looks

The TDs are on him just as much as the QB or the system at this point.  Some great receivers just don't excel at turning receptions into 6 points despite how great they are at everything else.  Andre Johnson is another guy similar in this fashion I can think of off top of head.

I honestly think it would be completely nuts to take McCoy anywhere in the first four rounds this year.  Good chance it will ruin your season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I honestly think it would be completely nuts to take McCoy anywhere in the first four rounds this year.  Good chance it will ruin your season.

Then call me mr planters cause McCoy will be sailing on my ship of insanity everywhere possible 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

we have a falcon fan picking 11th in our league he will take julio at that spot because #12 will take him with his back to back picks and he wont make it around the corner to get back to pick 14. thats a "for sure thing in this league. we play flex-ppr-6pnt td for qbs.....