NYR Fan 116894

LeSean McCoy 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

not sure how coolio got into this convo....but mccoy is any day of the week worth a 3rd round pick

 

Except for Sunday's when he's wearing orange and staring at bars.

 

tenor.gif?itemid=7320811

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I honestly think it would be completely nuts to take McCoy anywhere in the first four rounds this year.  Good chance it will ruin your season.

 

I agree, it's a risk. But there's also a chance it will lead your team into the playoffs.

 

If you land DJ, Zeke, Gurley, or Bell as your RB1, Shady will either be your RB2 or your Flex1, and he's a candidate for RB7 at year's end, which is great for a late 3rd round pick, outstanding for 4th round. In leagues I auctioned, I have Bell + Gordon (and Barkley + Zeke), and Shady is my Flex1.

 

True, legal action is pending---or rather Goodell sanction---but how different is it than the risk of an injury? If we were talking first round, or even second round, I'd stay away. But, as of today, we ain't.

 

tenor.gif?itemid=6224057

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Except for Sunday's when he's wearing orange and staring at bars.

yes this is a very real possibility???? but the argument of risk vs reward is worth the risk if we are talking about a rb 2 or for sure a flex spot if he can be had in the 3rd in my opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always like to get Shady on my team. I'm not worried about his production. Word is he looks great in camp. He always has had to deal with a mediocre at best team around him.

 

Now the legal stuff makes him risky.

 

I really am going to pay attention on draft day. If  I can get him at a bargain he is definitely worth the risk, for a potential RB2 bordering on RB1. I'm hoping the other guys are scared to draft him and I can scoop him up in the 4th-5th round.

Edited by Dead Money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in my opinion people that sit back and always take the safe route or wait for the "sure" thing never or very very rarely win a championship. its always the progressive risk takers that step out of the comfort zone and try something a little on the drastic side that are successful. yes sometimes it flops, but better to have tried and failed then never to have tried at all???? the reward for hitting on shady are just to big to pass up and say i'm staying away because this or that could happen. like it was said here in the recent past, he could be the difference in winning your league?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

really am going to pay attention on draft day. If  I can get him at a bargain he is definitely worth the risk, for a potential RB2 bordering on RB1. I'm hoping the other guys are scared to draft him and I can scoop him up in the 4th-5th round.

never will happen....no way he gets past the 3rd

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dead Money said:

Maybe , I hope you are wrong ;). I've seen weirder things happen. So is he still a bargain in the 3rd round?

my friend if he is there in the 3rd, bargain , risk, mistake, or steal......get him. to good to pass up at that point

3 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

Except for Sunday's when he's wearing orange and staring at bars.

 

tenor.gif?itemid=7320811

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The prudent drafter will pair Shady with Ingram. That way you have a borderline #1 coming in as the other borderline #1 goes out as your worst case. Best case is they both play :ph34r:

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skimming the past few pages.  Has their been any news regarding a timetable for a suspension?  Are we safe this year and worry for next year, or is this a Zeke type thing that could crop up mid-season?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sternes said:

Skimming the past few pages.  Has their been any news regarding a timetable for a suspension?  Are we safe this year and worry for next year, or is this a Zeke type thing that could crop up mid-season?

I haven't heard anything, but with Goodell you never know.

I'd bet he plays the whole year unless something else about his case comes out. Guessing the NFL isn't going to go out of its way to highlight something like this that isn't really common knowledge (yet) to the general/casual public.

My concerns about him are, obviously this, but also Buffalo's (probably?) garbage line and nagging injuries that come with age.

He'd be tough to pass up in the 3rd, but I can't see any scenario where I'd take him in the 2nd.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sternes said:

Skimming the past few pages.  Has their been any news regarding a timetable for a suspension?

On Tuesday there's a hearing for the eviction, but not the burglary:

https://amp.democratandchronicle.com/amp/955479002

[

McCoy's lawyer, Michael LaScala, said he will still appear in court Tuesday but the eviction issue is now largely moot since Cordon has left McCoy's home. LaScala said papers will likely be signed confirming that she cannot reside in the house.

Cordon's attorney did not respond to requests for comment.

Meanwhile, the criminal investigation into the robbery-assault continues. ]

 

No news there. But the girlfriend is not letting this go:

https://sports.yahoo.com/lesean-mccoys-ex-girlfriend-breaks-silence-wants-justice-served-160108759.html

[Cordon posted on Instagram that she is still seeking justice for what happened to her.

(..)

McCoy hasn’t been charged with anything, so the NFL is apparently waiting for the police investigation before saying or doing anything.

There hasn’t been any substantial update from authorities about the case in weeks.]

 

So this could take a while. Possibly forever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCoy was on my DND list earlier this summer with his 2nd round price tag given how bad that offense is. In the 3rd I think he is really intriguing and in the 4th I think he is a no brainer as a 3 down workhorse.

 

Personally I'm not too worried about the legal stuff. Don Samuel, his lawyer, is no stranger to winning high profile cases (Ray Lewis and Big Ben are among his past clients). It'll be tough to prove McCoy's involvement without his cooperation (hand over phone records or anything) and since he hasn't been charged with anything yet he doesn't have to. The smart route is for him not to comply since if he is innocent the law enforcement should be able to come to that conclusion without him (or at least not find him guilty) and if he isn't innocent why would he incriminate himself.

 

I think the trial starts next Tuesday so we should get some more news next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

I think the trial starts next Tuesday so we should get some more news next week. 

Check the links I posted, Tuesday is just the eviction, should be a formality and nothing to do with the robbery.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

Personally I'm not too worried about the legal stuff.

 

In the Instagram link Boudewijn posted, Shady's ex explicitly uses the "crying out loud" emoji, so she appears to be for realzz.

 

It would not be uncharacteristic for this to be settled out-of-court for an undisclosed amount of money (despite the grievous injury and the implication of a financial settlement). And if we see Goodell suspend Shady for nothing more than adding paperwork to his desk, no surprise there.

 

For reality, the situation is abhorrent. For fantasy, Shady's risk is mitigated by his modified ADP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCoy hasn't been charged with anything at this point.  Is it possible for him to be disciplined or suspended even if he is never charged?  Have we seen Goodell do that or no?

 

The most recent example would be Gareon Conley, who wasn't disciplined at all by the league despite similarly horrible accusations.

 

There is clearly some risk here but if the remainder of training camp goes and still no charges are brought against McCoy, does he become that much safer to draft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kp96 said:

McCoy hasn't been charged with anything at this point.  Is it possible for him to be disciplined or suspended even if he is never charged?  Have we seen Goodell do that or no?

 

The most recent example would be Gareon Conley, who wasn't disciplined at all by the league despite similarly horrible accusations.

 

There is clearly some risk here but if the remainder of training camp goes and still no charges are brought against McCoy, does he become that much safer to draft?

 

 

ahh yeah Zeke .....      

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kp96 said:

McCoy hasn't been charged with anything at this point.  Is it possible for him to be disciplined or suspended even if he is never charged?  Have we seen Goodell do that or no?

 

The most recent example would be Gareon Conley, who wasn't disciplined at all by the league despite similarly horrible accusations.

 

There is clearly some risk here but if the remainder of training camp goes and still no charges are brought against McCoy, does he become that much safer to draft?

 

Yes goodell could if his office suspects there’s might be foul play like a bribe or hush money involved.     

 

Also yes on him being safer to draft as time passes.   No news is good news 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m seeing a lot of news about how McCoy’a ex girlfriend filed a lawsuit.

 

i know there isn’t any news from the NFL. I’m surprised that the NFL hasn’t spoke out but if the media speaks out, I can see something going on here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nguvocity said:

I’m seeing a lot of news about how McCoy’a ex girlfriend filed a lawsuit.

 

i know there isn’t any news from the NFL. I’m surprised that the NFL hasn’t spoke out but if the media speaks out, I can see something going on here

 

Yep, she filed a civil suit saying that b/c he changed the codes on the security system and didn't provide them to her (in the home that he owns that she was squatting in) that he "breached his duty to use ordinary care to protect Plaintiff from dangerous activities being conducted at the Residence."  & is therefore responsible for the property that was stolen from her by some other person, not him mind you b/c he was out of the state.  She's also using this opportunity to slander his name talking about animal cruelty and child abuse.  

 

I'd be shocked if she isn't countersued for defamation.  In any event, it'd be a stretch for the NFL code of conduct on domestic violence to cover not sharing security codes with someone you're trying to evict and shiz happens.  Unless he is directly tied to the assualt/robbery I don't think this goes anywhere.

 

Anyway, pick him up in the 3rd if he's around, let the rest of your league pass him over. He'll be a fantastic RB2/Flex and will win some weeks in PPR.

 

Edited by ragrag
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ragrag--

 

You are really following this story closely.  You aren't, by chance, one of Mr. McCoy's entourage?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ragrag said:

 

Yep, she filed a civil suit saying that b/c he changed the codes on the security system and didn't provide them to her (in the home that he owns that she was squatting in) that he "breached his duty to use ordinary care to protect Plaintiff from dangerous activities being conducted at the Residence."  & is therefore responsible for the property that was stolen from her by some other person, not him mind you b/c he was out of the state.  She's also using this opportunity to slander his name talking about animal cruelty and child abuse.  

 

I'd be shocked if she isn't countersued for defamation.  In any event, it'd be a stretch for the NFL code of conduct on domestic violence to cover not sharing security codes with someone you're trying to evict and shiz happens.  Unless he is directly tied to the assualt/robbery I don't think this goes anywhere.

 

Anyway, pick him up in the 3rd if he's around, let the rest of your league pass him over. He'll be a fantastic RB2/Flex and will win some weeks in PPR.

 

Tf? This makes zero sense lmao. 

 

Other things that make make no sense: goodells suspension history 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.