NYR Fan 116894

LeSean McCoy 2018 Outlook

Ms. Cordon has good lawyers.  Since they have no direct proof that McCoy ordered the attack, they are alleging that his known and undisputed actions (turning off the alarm; denying her access to the code) violated his standard of care and were a proximate cause of her injuries.  This is a legal theory they can prove up, and could result in a large judgment in her favor.

I agree that Goodell is the X factor in all this.  We have seen countless times that Goodell will cynically act to protect The Shield by doling out suspensions when pressure from the public gets to a certain point.  McCoy should be very careful not to create the impression that he is buying Cordon's silence.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Ms. Cordon has good lawyers.  Since they have no direct proof that McCoy ordered the attack, they are alleging that his known and undisputed actions (turning off the alarm; denying her access to the code) violated his standard of care and were a proximate cause of her injuries.  This is a legal theory they can prove up, and could result in a large judgment in her favor.

I agree that Goodell is the X factor in all this.  We have seen countless times that Goodell will cynically act to protect The Shield by doling out suspensions when pressure from the public gets to a certain point.  McCoy should be very careful not to create the impression that he is buying Cordon's silence.  

Bingo.  As I understand the civil suit...it is a negligence type claim.   Very desperate to completely abandon any direct accusations and try just for the $.   Maybe the court awards her damages...maybe not.   More than ever this makes me think this was her intent all along.    Even if she wins- Shady isn’t guilty of anything.   

Confidence in drafting McCoy-  up. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Bingo.  As I understand the civil suit...it is a negligence type claim.   Very desperate to completely abandon any direct accusations and try just for the $.   Maybe the court awards her damages...maybe not.   More than ever this makes me think this was her intent all along.    Even if she wins- Shady isn’t guilty of anything.   

Confidence in drafting McCoy-  up.

180iw7shmqiwygif.gif

• Haha 1

@cohenstantinople of course you can’t be certain when it comes to Goodell- bot lol.  

You’de have to agree that going straight to civil trial is good news though right?    Not enough evidence to even attempt a criminal trial. 

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

@cohenstantinople of course you can’t be certain when it comes to Goodell- bot lol.  

You’de have to agree that going straight to civil trial is good news though right?    Not enough evidence to even attempt a criminal trial. 

Agreed that it's good news regarding McCoy's legal situation, but even a civil trial may prompt repercussions from the NFL. So, Shady will not go to jail, but the odds of him being suspended increase with a trial, I guess... I don't know --- no one knows really --- because the NFL has absolute power when it comes to suspensions, and public image of NFL players is important to Goodell (e.g. Zeke's misguided hand on the misplaced breast last season, Winston's misguided hand slipping towards the nether regions of an Uber driver this season...).

Alright, so let's get down to brass tacks.

1.  If there were no legal issue at all, where should shady be going?

2.  What are the odds of there being a suspension or anything else that will affect his production?

3.  How much should you drop him in your ranking based on 1 and 2?

For me -

1.  Mid 2nd.  Bad offense and age considerations, but he is still the rare 3-down back who is also the goalline back.

2.  At this point, I'd say 10% based on what was just recently came out and the fact that there has been no discipline yet.  Ultimately, it's not as though he was the one who attacked the woman and unless they can prove he set the whole thing up, what's the basis for suspending him?  The 10% is because Goodell does what he wants and may just suspend him because he made the NFL look bad.

3.  Early to mid 3rd.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Alright, so let's get down to brass tacks.

1.  If there were no legal issue at all, where should shady be going?

2.  What are the odds of there being a suspension or anything else that will affect his production?

3.  How much should you drop him in your ranking based on 1 and 2?

For me -

1.  Mid 2nd.  Bad offense and age considerations, but he is still the rare 3-down back who is also the goalline back.

2.  At this point, I'd say 10% based on what was just recently came out and the fact that there has been no discipline yet.  Ultimately, it's not as though he was the one who attacked the woman and unless they can prove he set the whole thing up, what's the basis for suspending him?  The 10% is because Goodell does what he wants and may just suspend him because he made the NFL look bad.

3.  Early to mid 3rd.

Bingo bango.

2nd without this dark cloud looming 

26 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Bingo bango.

2nd without this dark cloud looming 

There’s nothing here.   Late second- his original ADP I’m good with .  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

There’s nothing here.   Late second- his original ADP I’m good with .  

I wanna ride with ya bro....I do. 

• Like 1

I got him in the 4th Saturday after going Julio/ODB in my keeper league.  Definitely a gamble, but it's worth it if he escapes this unscathed.  One can hope, right?  

Shady is a HoF RB, but he’s also 30 and he’ll be working behind a depleted O line, in an offense I think will be bottom 25% of the league...

I wouldn’t take Shady before Ingram, which basically means he’s on my DND list.

I don’t think Shady will be suspended in 2018... the legal stuff will take a while.  Shady might be retired before the case is done.

• Like 1

I just remembered that Shady does not play for the Patriots. Therefore no suspension is pending.

Draft with confidence if the timing is right !

I like McCoy in the third as an RB3/flex option if he falls that far. (8 team league) but have Mixon there aswell...

old bull or young buck?

5 minutes ago, Schmakky141 said:

I like McCoy in the third as an RB3/flex option if he falls that far. (8 team league) but have Mixon there aswell...

old bull or young buck?

in an 8 team league the 3rd round isn't an ADP drop at all, that is paying full price if not overpaying a little bit

Edited by Panthor

8 minutes ago, Panthor said:

in an 8 team league the 3rd round isn't an ADP drop at all, that is paying full price if not overpaying a little bit

Factoring in im in a RB heavy early league. And he “was” price at RB11 between Cook and Freeman nearlly all pre season, theres still a chance he goes in round 2, early 3.

Either way, I still have the McCoy or Mixon headache...  McCoy has the volume and proven... Mixon has the possible breakout with a new O’line... im torn haha

1 minute ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Is he going to be charged?  Have they found anything?

They have nothing at this time.

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

So is shady going to jail?

Currently it sounds like there isn't enough evidence to file criminal charges, so the lawyers are attempting a civil suit.

So jail looks extremely unlikely, but suspension is possible because Godel does whatever he wants with no real consistency at all.

I'd be surprised if anything came of his legal issues. 

Shady has been the number one guy I've been down on most this offseason. His value is beginning to turn my head. You just aren't going to find 300+ touches where he's going in drafts. Always remember the golden rule of fantasy football boys and girls.

Volume = King