NYR Fan 116894

LeSean McCoy 2018 Outlook

Taking him at 3.07 in my 12-team standard league and not looking back. Even with a chance of not playing (I say 80% that he does), he's gonna get 300 touches (although Ivory will take some at the goal line), which is so much more than the backs around him will get (Miller, Ajayi). If he slips to you in the middle of the 3rd, don't look back

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Taking him at 3.07 in my 12-team standard league and not looking back. Even with a chance of not playing (I say 80% that he does), he's gonna get 300 touches (although Ivory will take some at the goal line), which is so much more than the backs around him will get (Miller, Ajayi). If he slips to you in the middle of the 3rd, don't look back

amen

What're the chances he does get suspended this year?

And if he does, can you mitigate the risk somewhat by cuffing him with Ivory? Would Ivory be a workhorse were McCoy to miss time?

8 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

What're the chances he does get suspended this year?

And if he does, can you mitigate the risk somewhat by cuffing him with Ivory? Would Ivory be a workhorse were McCoy to miss time?

I think it's pretty low that he gets suspended but some of the lawyers should share their opinion.  He hasn't actually been accused of a crime...his lawsuit is civil, not criminal.  The ex-girlfriend did make accusations about him beating his child and dog, but there apparently is no proof and Shady has denied all of this.  Not sure you can be suspended just because someone says you did something.  (then again, who knows what Goodell will do)

It's been awfully quiet lately too.  I think we would be hearing something...anything...if a suspension was in the works.

One of the camp darlings is Marcus Murphy.  I'm sure Chris Ivory is the next man up right now.   However, if McCoy misses time for any reason, Murphy looks poised to at least get a shot at splitting that workload with Ivory.    Personally, i dont think Ivory's a sure to get volume handcuff option.   

On 22/08/2018 at 12:46 PM, kp96 said:

I think it's pretty low that he gets suspended but some of the lawyers should share their opinion.  He hasn't actually been accused of a crime...his lawsuit is civil, not criminal.  The ex-girlfriend did make accusations about him beating his child and dog, but there apparently is no proof and Shady has denied all of this.  Not sure you can be suspended just because someone says you did something.  (then again, who knows what Goodell will do)

It's been awfully quiet lately too.  I think we would be hearing something...anything...if a suspension was in the works.

His ex is a money hungry, crack smoking bitcch and nothing she has said has been substantiated. There is absolutely no way in hell roger 'good guy ' Goodell can suspend him. Draft with confidence 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

His ex is a money hungry, crack smoking bitcch

Also an accurate description of Goodell.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

His ex is a money hungry, crack smoking bitcch and nothing she has said has been substantiated. 

this actually says a hell of a lot more about McCoy's character - think about it.

On 8/22/2018 at 2:46 PM, kp96 said:

Ask Zeke 

• Like 3

Is he going to give up GL work to Ivory or one of the other RBs?

That’s the determining factor if he’s worth his draft price or not. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Is he going to give up GL work to Ivory or one of the other RBs?

That’s the determining factor if he’s worth his draft price or not. 

Nothing points to this, as far as I know. 

McCoy scares me, but so does McKinnon, torn.

I thought he dropped so much because of his case. People are actually debating if he is worth his current ADP for reasons unrelated to his off field situation? That’s wild...

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I thought he dropped so much because of his case. People are actually debating if he is worth his current ADP for reasons unrelated to his off field situation? That’s wild...

No the case vs McKinnon injuries.

If I recall correctly he gave up GL work to Tolbert last year right? But they hired a new OC so hopefully that won’t be the case this year.

Also, what do you think the chances are he does get suspended? Other posters on here have been saying it’s unlikely and I haven’t heard much about his case recently

On 8/15/2018 at 9:55 PM, Olliemets said:

i took him in the third round as well in  a 10 team with my head high. I know he will have a great season. Hopefully the mental portion doesn't affect him down the stretch.

22 minutes ago, The_Real_Deal said:

i took him in the third round as well in  a 10 team with my head high. I know he will have a great season. Hopefully the mental portion doesn't affect him down the stretch.

Don't know how you can know that, he's already dealing with a groin injury and he's involved in an open investigation.

• Like 1

Once an RB hits 28, you have to look closely for signs of decline.  In this case, there was a major ypc dropoff last season. 

3 best OL gone.  Worse QB.  Aging.  In hot water off the field.  Sirens going off everywhere.  It'd be crazy to take a RB like this over the fresh legs of Kenyan Drake or Alex Collins.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Once an RB hits 28, you have to look closely for signs of decline.  In this case, there was a major ypc dropoff last season. 

3 best OL gone.  Worse QB.  Aging.  In hot water off the field.  Sirens going off everywhere.  It'd be crazy to take a RB like this over the fresh legs of Kenyan Drake or Alex Collins.

McCoy struggled his final season with the Eagles as well and I thought he was declining. His longevity is due in large part to his running style.

I will say though that there are a lot of signs that point to a down season, but not because of McCoy's declining play. The OL looks atrocious like you point out. The QB situation is much worse. And they have no legitimate receivers both at TE or WR. This offense is going to be a disaster. All of that put together means far fewer scoring opportunities. Even if McCoy is a larger part of the offense this season because they don't have anything else, the scoring opportunities will be lower.

I'd be dropping McCoy a round to almost two rounds in my personal rankings.

On 8/26/2018 at 1:56 AM, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

His ex is a money hungry, crack smoking bitcch and nothing she has said has been substantiated. There is absolutely no way in hell roger 'good guy ' Goodell can suspend him. Draft with confidence 

Let's not victim blame here. What we do know for certain is that she got the s*** beaten out of her. It's the nexus between Shady and the attack that is difficult to prove, but there's bad blood between them and it's a reasonable inference for her to think he's behind it. 

It isn't a beyond a reasonable doubt standard for the NFL. It's not even preponderance of the evidence, like the civil standard. Anything that gives the NFL bad PR can result in Goodell suspending the guy. 

I still drafted McCoy, but there's some risk baked in there. If he starts week 1, the gamble already has paid off. If he misses a couple weeks, that was baked into his ADP in the 3rd round.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, devaster said:

McCoy struggled his final season with the Eagles as well and I thought he was declining. His longevity is due in large part to his running style.

I will say though that there are a lot of signs that point to a down season, but not because of McCoy's declining play. The OL looks atrocious like you point out. The QB situation is much worse. And they have no legitimate receivers both at TE or WR. This offense is going to be a disaster. All of that put together means far fewer scoring opportunities. Even if McCoy is a larger part of the offense this season because they don't have anything else, the scoring opportunities will be lower.

I'd be dropping McCoy a round to almost two rounds in my personal rankings.

I'm not trying to argue that their offense is going to be good, but they were also bad last season (29th in the league) and Shady still put up RB9 numbers on a PPG basis. I drafted him this year hoping for exactly that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LurkingFFPlayer said:

I'm not trying to argue that their offense is going to be good, but they were also bad last season (29th in the league) and Shady still put up RB9 numbers on a PPG basis. I drafted him this year hoping for exactly that. 

That doesn't mean they can't be much worse this season. Which is what it is beginning to look like in Buffalo.

• Sad 1

His skill and amount of fantasy points he puts up is at a significant discount.  I'll take it.

44 minutes ago, devaster said:

That doesn't mean they can't be much worse this season. Which is what it is beginning to look like in Buffalo.

Yeah but he's gonna touch the ball 300 times again, that parts a given.  I don't see how he can't return 3rd round value with that.  He's talented and will make some plays out of the nothing that's given to him imo.

3 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

Yeah but he's gonna touch the ball 300 times again, that parts a given.  I don't see how he can't return 3rd round value with that.  He's talented and will make some plays out of the nothing that's given to him imo.

I have no issue with that. He has been priced accordingly in bad offenses the last couple years. It is looking dreadful this season though.