NYR Fan 116894

LeSean McCoy 2018 Outlook

18 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Once an RB hits 28, you have to look closely for signs of decline.  In this case, there was a major ypc dropoff last season. 

3 best OL gone.  Worse QB.  Aging.  In hot water off the field.  Sirens going off everywhere.  It'd be crazy to take a RB like this over the fresh legs of Kenyan Drake or Alex Collins.

The rationale for taking him is superior talent and volume. He still had his speed and elusiveness last year, his blocking just wasn't great like it was the previous year. Collins is a JAG and Drake is in a committee. 

On Yahoo he is ridiculously cheap. He is 52 or something on the Yahoo list. I'm taking a RB with a great shot at being top 10 at that price every time. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Let's not victim blame here. What we do know for certain is that she got the s*** beaten out of her. It's the nexus between Shady and the attack that is difficult to prove, but there's bad blood between them and it's a reasonable inference for her to think he's behind it. 

It isn't a beyond a reasonable doubt standard for the NFL. It's not even preponderance of the evidence, like the civil standard. Anything that gives the NFL bad PR can result in Goodell suspending the guy. 

I still drafted McCoy, but there's some risk baked in there. If he starts week 1, the gamble already has paid off. If he misses a couple weeks, that was baked into his ADP in the 3rd round.

It won't hold up in court and thats all that matters 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

It won't hold up in court and thats all that matters 

Actually no.  All that matters is what was said prior to your comment.  NFL can suspend whoever it wants.  Zeke suspension nonsense JUST happened last season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mathew Berry said:

Actually no.  All that matters is what was said prior to your comment.  NFL can suspend whoever it wants.  Zeke suspension nonsense JUST happened last season.

Its going to be pretty hard to prove that McCoy orchestrated and ordered a b n e, assault and robbery. Without any direct evidence. He wasnt even in the state when the event occurred. Completely different than zeke. 

But you never know, maybe some evidence will surface.  Maybe they'll find a text or something. Until then, nothingburger

Edited by BigBenTheSteelerMan

33 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Its going to be pretty hard to prove that McCoy orchestrated and ordered a b n e, assault and robbery. Without any direct evidence. He wasnt even in the state when the event occurred. Completely different than zeke. 

But you never know, maybe some evidence will surface.  Maybe they'll find a text or something. Until then, nothingburger

He might not get suspended, but I would not be surprised if he does.

Proof is not necessary.  Getting charged with a crime is not necessary.  All that is necessary is enough people on whatever panel Goodell has assembled reviewing this matter to agree that it is more likely than not that McCoy was involved with (or knew about) this incident...or even that his behavior in some way was directly or indirectly responsible in putting the NFL into a negative light (conduct unbecoming).

This could be a candid conversation with a law enforcement official who believes McCoy was probably involved but they can’t charge him due to lack of evidence. This could be additional information that comes out. This could be because they “feel” like he was involved based on whatever information they have access to.

The suspension would be lengthy if applied. Someone always takes him before I’m comfortable pulling that trigger.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RafiBomb said:

Fell to me in the 4th round. I couldn't say no to that kind of value. 

Same for me. I took him in the 3rd, felt like I reached a bit looking back. Decent though with my other PPR backs (Kamara, CMC, McCoy, Drake)

Fell to the bottom 4th in my 10 man standard league last night. Figured at that price...screw it. Got him for my flex after taking Saquon, M. Thomas and Freeman. 

Im onboard this train

Does anyone else feel like the line being bad argument is overblown? I probably wouldn't have drafted him in standard leagues, but he's still going to get points through the air

1 minute ago, street sharks said:

Does anyone else feel like the line being bad argument is overblown? I probably wouldn't have drafted him in standard leagues, but he's still going to get points through the air

No, their offense is a joke and most his yardage is still going to come on the ground.

5 minutes ago, jujuonthebeat said:

No, their offense is a joke and most his yardage is still going to come on the ground.

He had 65 receptions last year which was tied for 7th most by running backs

Just now, street sharks said:

He had 65 receptions last year which was tied for 7th most by running backs

7 minutes ago, jujuonthebeat said:

most of his yardage is still going to come on the ground.

At his current ADP I think he's worth the risk.  You could potentially get a 1st round talent in the fourth.  Also if something happens to him I would grab Marcus Murphy and not Chris Ivory.  Marcus looked really good in the preseason.

On 8/28/2018 at 11:27 PM, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

I think this will be a non-issue. I didn’t draft McCoy so I have no skin in the game, but the main difference between zeke and shady is that is zekes case his ex held the line that he was responsible right up until a settlement and put out a restraining order against him. 

Shadys exes lawyer has already retracted that his ex thinks McCoy was the mastermind, she moved back into his house where she was attacked, and most importantly hasn’t filed a restraining order which implies she doesn’t fear for her safety. 

Im no lawyer but those are significant differences and could be why the nfl is treating the situations very differently. 

• Like 1

I took McCoy in the 3rd (Kamara, CMC, McCoy, Drake). Incoming volume! Seriously tho, who’s his backup?

27 minutes ago, lightweight3 said:

He fell to me at pick 37 (1st pick in the 4th round).  If you’re going zero RB he’s a perfect guy to target.

I don't understand this comment. McCoy isn't a starting, 3 down running back?

Just a reminder that even though Buffalo might suck, McCoy does not

Don't understand how he's falling past the 3rd round in lots of drafts. He creates his own space and as for the "mileage" talk, avoiding big hits is kind of his thing

My prediction: RB1 as usual. Sorry fellas who passed.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

So I think McCoy is the greatest potential league winner of the draft so far. Could he bust due to injuries, bad offense, domestic issues? Yeah, he definitely could. But if he stays healthy, he is an amazing value in the 4th rounds of drafts, which is where i've been getting him

11 minutes ago, mrschrod said:

So I think McCoy is the greatest potential league winner of the draft so far. Could he bust due to injuries, bad offense, domestic issues? Yeah, he definitely could. But if he stays healthy, he is an amazing value in the 4th rounds of drafts, which is where i've been getting him

I got him in the 3rd, felt like a bit of a reach. But, he will be the focal point offensively on a terrible team. Fantasy isn't always pretty. Volume=production.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mrschrod said:

I've picked him up in all 3 leagues I'm in and I'm not even sure why with all the red flags. I'm going to be either extremely happy or sad at the end of the season.