Ecofolux

Dallas Keuchel 2018 Outlook

53 minutes ago, svtballa said:

Anyone else benching him today??  going against Kluber and I can see Lindor/Ramirez going deep

?

He's pitching well right now and he does pretty well v CLE:

Active totals for                                                                        
Cleveland Indians    NP    PA    AB    H    2B  3B HR R   RBI BB  SO  SB CS  AVG          OBP    SLG    OPS    wOBA
v Danny Keuchel:     411   119  110 27    4    0    1    7    6    7    17    0    0    0.245    0.294    0.309    0.603    0.27

• Like 1

1 hour ago, svtballa said:

Anyone else benching him today??  going against Kluber and I can see Lindor/Ramirez going deep

Nope. 

43 minutes ago, motown magic said:

Don't forget EE

EE  v Keuchel: 3-13 .231/.375/.231 0HR/1RBI

5 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Anyone selling? Anyone buying? What are the thoughts for this guy ROS?

12 singles and a double allowed- what awful luck.... 0 BB and a .565 BABIP for the day.  I would be buying now, I feel like you could steal him from an unhappy owner for pennies on the dollar. 

On 5/14/2018 at 10:00 AM, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Another good start. ERA down to 3.10 and WHIP down to 1.18. Solid SP2 for 12-team leagues. 

Keuchel will never see those numbers again this year. He Sucks. 

I saw a tweet over a week ago showing the HR distance on this then 10 HR allowed.  Here it is...

Then I read that post above with 12 singles, 0 BB, and a .500+ BABIP  and I remain on the ledge, not able to jump yet.  He's sucked big time so far from a fantasy standpoint, but he truly has been incredibly unlucky.    I'm holding on, hoping that luck balances out as it tends to, and the positive regression is as sweet as this current run has been sour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dicka24 said:

I saw a tweet over a week ago showing the HR distance on this then 10 HR allowed.  Here it is...

Then I read that post above with 12 singles, 0 BB, and a .500+ BABIP  and I remain on the ledge, not able to jump yet.  He's sucked big time so far from a fantasy standpoint, but he truly has been incredibly unlucky.    I'm holding on, hoping that luck balances out as it tends to, and the positive regression is as sweet as this current run has been sour.

I'm trying to not be bias (because I love Keuchel) but I watched yesterdays game and that was just terrible luck. 2 infield singles, marwin missed 2 balls that pretty much any SS gets fairly easily and only 1 extra base hit (a double).

Throw out the current 3 game stretch and he has a 3.39 era and 1.15 whip in his first 11 starts this season. 

Let's quit the overreactions for a minute. If you are in a roto league then I can understand a little bit of a sour taste in your mouth. If you are in H2H and play in a real size league (12+ teams) I would be shocked if you have a better option on the wire to swap in for Keuchel.

Also, looking at those HR distances is pretty unlucky. 337? 339? 350? Those sound like easy fly balls lol

Unlucky ha ha . What about the game before yesterday's. Keuchel gave up 7 runs in 6.2 to the Seattle Mariners. 

Next up is the Royals. I'll bet he gives up at least four runs to that terrible team. 

Edited by weakkneeswilly

Hot garbage. Literally unplayable unless its against the worst offenses in baseball. Any competent fantasy player could stream someone much better than this guy. There is no way this guy should be 95% owned in ESPN when he has been THIS bad majority of the season. 

CSB, but [Removed CSB.  Come on, man.]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

At least this last TEX start went more to form. His career numbers v TEX are quite good as I pointed out earlier.

He is impossible to figure out this year so I'm starting him more often than not and hoping for the best.

Anyone running him out there tonight? Prior to last starts disaster he had been pitching pretty well. Good matchup on paper but I feel like he always gets rocked this season when I need a big start out of him.

Anyone hoping for one last shot at a win against the sad O's... well stick a fork in that he's going 2-4 innings in his last scheduled start. A fitting end to his rather bland season to put it nicely.