Sign in to follow this  
CharlieWhitehurst

Strasburg or Severino Keeper? WHIR

In a H2H, 14 team,  5SP league. We are able to keep two of our players at their draft price. If they were picked up off waivers it's automatically round 15. 

I'm definitely keeping Dozier who I got in the 3rd round. I can either take Strasburg who I traded for from another team who drafted him in the 3rd round as well, so I would lose round 4's pick. Or, I can take Severino who was a waiver wire addition, so I would only lose round 15.

Am I crazy to think of taking Strasburg over Severino? Losing two picks in a row is tough, so I'm trying to decide if Strasburg would equate to a 4th round pick right now. I like Severino but I can see him regressing this year and Strasburg 2nd in rotation to me is just always a lock for a good season.

Thanks for the help. 

2 hours ago, motown magic said:

Sevy and lose the 15th

Yeah I think I'm going with this. Here's a follow-up question: Would it be bad to try to pick up Stras in the 4th round?

Not at at all.  He ADP is a bit higher so if you can be had there, it's value as well... just not as much as Severino for a 15th.

21 hours ago, Silverdome_Loyal said:

Gimme Straw’s He’s proven 

Would it be better to keep stras in 3rd round and severino as 15th round pick, and just try to draft dozier in the second?

5 hours ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Would it be better to keep stras in 3rd round and severino as 15th round pick, and just try to draft dozier in the second?

Now this is I like better actually. You can likely get Dozier in the 2nd depending on what other guys are keeping. Look through the rest of your league and try to figure out if that's likely. I you feel like it's a good possibility I would do this. If not and you think your chances of getting Dozier in the 2nd are very slim I would just keep Dozier and Severino (his value at 15th round is great!)

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/693346-a-little-1st-round-draft-helpwhir/

33 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

Now this is I like better actually. You can likely get Dozier in the 2nd depending on what other guys are keeping. Look through the rest of your league and try to figure out if that's likely. I you feel like it's a good possibility I would do this. If not and you think your chances of getting Dozier in the 2nd are very slim I would just keep Dozier and Severino (his value at 15th round is great!)

Agree with this! Good luck!

19 hours ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Sounds pretty good to me.

20 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

I went with this. Thanks so much guys. 

Gotta go with Severino here.