Savatage79

Zach Ertz 2018 Outlook

14 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

Will ertz' ceiling be capped by the presence of the rookie TE? if anyone can chime in.. genuinely asking. 

He did just fine with Burton and Jeffrey healthy last season so I don't think a rookie TE is his problem. Eagles have been known to run 2 TE sets and with their WRs and RBs banged up he got extra burn last game. Matchups are also a thing and obviously they liked Goedert's matchup this week and exploited it. I don't think it is any reason for concern especially with Wentz back. In 1 TE sets Ertz will be on the field and even when Jeffrey comes back he is still going to be the top target in this offense which should be one of the better ones once Wentz shakes off the rust. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

Will ertz' ceiling be capped by the presence of the rookie TE? if anyone can chime in.. genuinely asking. 

i think ertz' yardage & receptions are safe. but goedert is a really talented receiver so nobody should be too surprised if ertz's TD% dipped back to his career norms and he settles in around TE5 or 6 (especially once alshon is back). it's been 3 games without a score already. (granted two of the games this year were with foles, but still...) 

Goedert is about to Wally Pipp Ertz’ redzone role... 

30 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Goedert is about to Wally Pipp Ertz’ redzone role... 

Why?

Ertz is just fine. Yes, the rook is going to score. Ertz is not going to score every td in this offense.

He is a Target monster and will continue to be even when alshon is back. The tds will come. 

Edited by Rizzle630
  • Like 1

Even if Goedert eats into his targets, I still think as Ertz Owner we're pretty safe. Just look at the s--- show outside of the top5 TEs.

These guys make a habit of running 2 tight end sets, I think both can thrive.

As someone who just scooped up Geodert in a few spots, I want Ertz to continue to be effective. 

The Eagles ran 2+ TEs on 67.5% of their offensive plays in Week 3. NFL average is 25%. Depleted WR talent on the team right now. I think they're going to continue this trend to keep their offense humming. Getting flashback to the days of Gronk and Hernandez if they can scheme both guys. 

If there was any problem with Ertz in the first games it was him drawing all the defensive attention. Him and Agholor were the only receiving threats drawing attention and he will be far more efficient and still get enough targets once they establish some other receiving threats.

still too early to say how involved goedert will be in the red zone and if that poses a problem for zach's ceiling. (he's been a low TD guy in the past and had his FF ceiling capped.)

but i'll be watching the red zone targets closely.

right now, geodert has 2 in 3 games (and was basically benched in the goose egg game).

last year, burton had 7 in 15 games.

if goedert gets one or two looks down there in the next game, no need to panic--there's no downside to having TE shares in an awesome offense and ertz has as high of a floor as just about anyone. but it might be a decent time to cash in on ertz's "lock as top 3 TE" status if your team has other needs.

It's conceivable Goedert does eat into his target share, but I still suspect Ertz will remain top-5. Maybe upside is a bit capped now. 

Wait are people actually worried about the target leader in TE's at 33 that just got back his starting QB???  He had 7 tds in 11 games with Wentz last year,  While only getting 2 in 8 games with Foles.

• Like 1

It's seems that it's more likely that Goedert's number of targets last week has more to do with the Eagles lack of receiving options than him taking away from Ertz.

• Like 1

9 targets > 7 catches > 43 yards + 1 TD > 17.3 points in ppr

That's slightly less targets than the last weeks (11,6 avg).

With Jeffery being back and getting 12 targets.

Still happy to have the most reliable TE in fantasy right now.

• Like 2

Definition of consistency. Feels good having a set-and-forget stud like him. This is how you set yourself apart from the wasteland of TEs in the league.

Even in standard he put up double digits thanks to that TD. 

Very fortunate to to have a set and forget TE.