Savatage79

Zach Ertz 2018 Outlook

18 minutes ago, Sticky2 said:

Feels like a few dudes are getting ready to propose at this point...

And you have a problem with this?

• Haha 4

I've always been a fan of waiting on a TE for $2-3 in auction, but I may need to adjust my approach next year. Having Ertz/Kelce and to a lesser extent Kittle is such a huge advantage with how shallow the TE position is. 

He must be whipped today....not only because of the great game but because he had two of my fantasy teams on his back that he carried to victory last night.

How awesome is it when you're you've got one player left and its your tight end and you're down 17 in one league and 23 in the other and you say to yourself..."It's a lock...I've still got Ertz going!"

Edited by Damn Yankee
  • Thanks 1

From PFF this morning...

"Zach Ertz is currently on pace to total 133 receptions and 1,403 yards. This would break the all-time record for receptions from a tight end by 23 (Jason Witten’s 110 in 2012), and yards from a tight end by 76 (Rob Gronkowski's 1,327 in 2011). Ertz ranks seventh among all receivers in fantasy points per game (20.4) and might actually be worth more than some of the names ahead of him if we factor in positional scarcity."

• Like 1

On 10/31/2018 at 11:49 AM, MBarbarian said:

Denial is always the first stage of grief.  

Next comes anger...

Safe to say this guy knows trash about fantasy. Make sure you unsubscribe from this nobody. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Safe to say this guy knows trash about fantasy. Make sure you unsubscribe from this nobody. 

These analysts are a joke, the only touches Tate got were laterals from Ertz lol ? 

• Haha 2

It’ll be curious to see where he and Kelce settle in ADP next year.  I have Ertz in one of my leagues, and Kelce in the other, and it’s a ridiculous advantage that you almost don’t think about from week to week since so much focus is put on collecting the best RBs and WRs.

Assuming nothing changes in the last part of the season, I’ll put Ertz a small step ahead of Kelce in 0.5 PPR... the gap is a bit larger in full PPR.  

In standard scoring, I think it’s really a toss up.  Kelce has more big play ability, but Ertz is more reliable.  I think they should both go in the 2nd round in all formats... probably around 15-17 ADP.  In Full PPR, Ertz should probably be in the 12-14 range.

The fact that you got them for a slight discount this year because Gronk was going ahead of them (I took Kelce early 3rd, Ertz went end of 3rd), was a massive boost to any team.  Next year we’ll all have to pay for that production.

Averaging 3 more pts/g than the 2nd ranked player at his position and 7.6 more pts/g than the 5th ranked in PPR. What more do we have to say? 

27 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

It’ll be curious to see where he and Kelce settle in ADP next year.  I have Ertz in one of my leagues, and Kelce in the other, and it’s a ridiculous advantage that you almost don’t think about from week to week since so much focus is put on collecting the best RBs and WRs.

Assuming nothing changes in the last part of the season, I’ll put Ertz a small step ahead of Kelce in 0.5 PPR... the gap is a bit larger in full PPR.  

In standard scoring, I think it’s really a toss up.  Kelce has more big play ability, but Ertz is more reliable.  I think they should both go in the 2nd round in all formats... probably around 15-17 ADP.  In Full PPR, Ertz should probably be in the 12-14 range.

The fact that you got them for a slight discount this year because Gronk was going ahead of them (I took Kelce early 3rd, Ertz went end of 3rd), was a massive boost to any team.  Next year we’ll all have to pay for that production.

I traded for Ertz after week one in one league and prior to owning him have never spent a high investment on a TE. My mind is completely changed and I wouldn’t hesitate to take Ertz in the 2nd. The advantage provided is extraordinary. You just forget about the thinnest position in the game while most teams are trying to scrap together 5 points.

12 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

I’d take him 1st rd if it’s a back end pick. He’s about as elite as any WR going late. 

Yeah I wouldn't have an issue with that. Obviously you can't expect ridiculous games from him week to week like last night but just looking at the numbers he is currently 1 point ahead of Julio Jones in PPR, whoa. 

Edited by metalmat

p1 of this thread is a pretty funny romp thru some bad takes...not that any of us have a crystal ball-

*CSB warning* I was chided pretty hard when I kept Ertz in my 16 teamer (he counted as my 1st Rd pick)...it's been fun tho

I effectively traded Adam Thielen for Ertz after Week 3 (Rex Burkhead and Devonta Freeman were also involved), and, for one week at least, I feel as though I was not completely taken advantage of. 

*CSB Advisory in Effect*

It is kind of crazy that this dude put up the same amount of points in one week that it would take the majority of the top 10 TEs 4 weeks to accumulate. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

It is kind of crazy that this dude put up the same amount of points in one week that it would take the majority of the top 10 TEs 4 weeks to accumulate. 

That's an interesting point. I'm in a .50 PPR league and before trading for Ertz, primarily used Jordan Reed along with one week of CJ Uzomah (as well as Eifert the week he got a TD and also got hurt). In those 8 games with Reed/Uzomah, they scored me a combined 35.94. Last night Ertz scored 31.57 in that format. So for those dealing with bad TE's, Ertz's Week 10 was almost equal to a season's worth of production. 

With the Eagles sucking, it is really helping Ertz' fantasy stats:

In four wins he is averaging 13 PPG in PPR formats

In five losses he is averaging 26.38 in PPR formats

Philly's remaining schedule really doesn't have any easy wins (except maybe NYG, but that could be high scoring too) so there will be plenty more points for him ROS, enjoy the ride!

I don't usually handcuff a TE, but I'm thinking about it this year. Is it worth it to cuff Ertz with Goedert?

1 minute ago, almonte said:

I don't usually handcuff a TE, but I'm thinking about it this year. Is it worth it to cuff Ertz with Goedert?

I’ve usually got a end of roster spot that I churn throughout the day in my yahoo leagues and last week went heavy with Goedert in leagues with Ertz or with a poor TE option. Might start doing that with him more. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, almonte said:

It actually might be. I don't think Goedert puts up similar numbers but he would easily be top 10. 

• Like 1