• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Under500Forever

Nolan Arenado 2018 Outlook

13 hours ago, rrrrich46 said:

TORRENADO!

FIFY

Even walking more this year, 32BBs already which is great for an OBP league. Just wish the Rockies lineup will heat up to give him more R/RBIs, but surely it will as the summer goes on. Story, Cargo, Dahl, Des must all get better.

Thanks for the 3 runs this week, Arenado. Great job.

Boringly good? Seems to have underwhelmed compared to many top 3 round picks. Rockies awful O has done him no favours though, clearly pitchers are avoiding him far more this year.

• Like 2

Why pitch to him with the likes of CarGo and Desmond behind him, he's not going to get anything to hit which explains the increased walk rate.  Give him some credit though for not getting frustrated and swinging, instead taking the walk.

Back to being quite didsapointed with the production. Haven’t had one of those Arenado crazy runs yet this year and I’m not quite sure we get it. 

1 hour ago, BigPapi44 said:

Why pitch to him with the likes of CarGo and Desmond behind him, he's not going to get anything to hit which explains the increased walk rate.  Give him some credit though for not getting frustrated and swinging, instead taking the walk.

But over the past two weeks, CarGo and Desmond have actually been hitting better along with Story so that's really not accurate.  So his recent struggles can't be tied to them.

CarGo has been great for the past 3 weeks.  His ops is around 1000 for that stretch and Desmonds is around 800.  Not exactly chop liver!

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

But over the past two weeks, CarGo and Desmond have actually been hitting better along with Story so that's really not accurate.  So his recent struggles can't be tied to them.

CarGo has been great for the past 3 weeks.  His ops is around 1000 for that stretch and Desmonds is around 800.  Not exactly chop liver!

That's a fair point JA, but I don't think that it has changed a pitcher's approach to facing Arenado.  If those guys continue to put up numbers, I tend to agree that it may also force teams to give him better pitches to hit.  Considering how bad Desmond and CarGo have been last year into this year, it will take a longer sample size than 3 weeks I'm afraid.

Edited by BigPapi44
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

That's a fair point JA, but I don't think that it has changed a pitcher's approach to facing Arenado.  If those guys continue to put up numbers, I tend to agree that it may also force teams to give him better pitches to hit.  Considering how bad Desmond and CarGo have been last year into this year, it will take a longer sample size than 3 weeks I'm afraid.

you're right - they will have to keep this up for a little longer before pitcher's readjust their pitching approach to Arenado.

• Like 1

So in my league Nolan is ranked 24 right now, huge dissapointment so far. But this is not a standard league so I am wondering where he is ranked in standard scoring?? Do owners have concerns he won’t be a top 3-5 asset this year because his pace counting stats wise is pretty bad for him. Paced to be around 30hrs and 90 rbi, yikes. 

11 minutes ago, chud12 said:

So in my league Nolan is ranked 24 right now, huge dissapointment so far. But this is not a standard league so I am wondering where he is ranked in standard scoring?? Do owners have concerns he won’t be a top 3-5 asset this year because his pace counting stats wise is pretty bad for him. Paced to be around 30hrs and 90 rbi, yikes. 

He's 28th in my league. His BB% is up, but his K% is also up. His FB% is down nearly 10%. Other than that, nothing really stands out.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Unless you’re drafting Trout , the chances of you getting a top 5 player with a top 5 pick is much under 50 percent . Mookies adp was over 5. No other player with an adp even under 10 besides Mookie and Trout are in the top 10 currently.

if you picked Arenado with a top 6 pick you made a very good pick. Realistically Ramirez or Betts was the only other conceivable good pick there as of now, and very few if any were taking Ramirez THAT early. Arenado won’t be the reason you won’t place or win your league if you don’t. He’s having a fine season. I’m sure you have bigger issues with your roster than Arenado at 3b on your team, I know in the league I have him in, he’s the least of my worries.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 8

Another "nice" game tonight. He hasn't been dominant but he's had a lot of "nice" games this year. Not what I thought I'd get at #4, but it's been "nice".

I guess you blame it on the team around him. It's a down year overall offensively for the Rockies. But he has not been, for instance, a "league winner". He is supporting cast so far. I'm happy for him and his ability to contribute to the team!

4 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Another "nice" game tonight. He hasn't been dominant but he's had a lot of "nice" games this year. Not what I thought I'd get at #4, but it's been "nice".

I guess you blame it on the team around him. It's a down year overall offensively for the Rockies. But he has not been, for instance, a "league winner". He is supporting cast so far. I'm happy for him and his ability to contribute to the team!

He is easily capable of a titanic few months. As likely as any. 

Huge game last night and everyone is silent?:huh:

Where is the "he's only doing ok" guy? 

My money is on him being a top 5 bat 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rrrrich46 said:

Where is the "he's only doing ok" guy? 

My money is on him being a top 5 bat 

Lol right here. First time owning Nado and I can be dissapointed before this mini surge. He was real underwhelming. 

Last month: 25/8/25/.306/1.048

Complainers need find a new hobby. 

Still a week from the midway point and he’s at 50/16/51/.317/.987. 

The kid is all that. Probably the 3rd or 4th best bet for consistency and studliness. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Lol right here. First time owning Nado and I can be dissapointed before this mini surge. He was real underwhelming. 

he was similar last year - not every great player comes out the gates swinging.  A lot of the these guys get better as season goes along.  Arenado is similar.  He'll probably end up in top 10 overall players by year's end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Lol well he's been en fuego since then! Its a marathon, not a sprint. A lock for top 10 bat. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chud12 said:

I mean he's been pacing for career highs in average/OBP/SLG/OPS for a while now. The counting stats admittedly haven't been on pace, but after this string of games he's 15th in runs and 6th in RBI. He was never really worth worrying about. How do you react to the guys that are REALLY underwhelming?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillyphan21 said:

I mean he's been pacing for career highs in average/OBP/SLG/OPS for a while now. The counting stats admittedly haven't been on pace, but after this string of games he's 15th in runs and 6th in RBI. He was never really worth worrying about. How do you react to the guys that are REALLY underwhelming?

He was underwhelming before this surge, no need to get defensive. Nolan fell into a career worst 0-18 stretch to hit his low point and than has taken off. Pretty sure he had a 12/40 line with a .305 average before the stretch and a modish runs scored total. Again I’m aloud to complain about my first round pick who was literally the definition of underwhelming for him in almost all cats besides obp at the time. 

3 hours ago, chud12 said:

He was underwhelming before this surge, no need to get defensive. Nolan fell into a career worst 0-18 stretch to hit his low point and than has taken off. Pretty sure he had a 12/40 line with a .305 average before the stretch and a modish runs scored total. Again I’m aloud to complain about my first round pick who was literally the definition of underwhelming for him in almost all cats besides obp at the time. 

Agreed, I spent $47 on him in my auction so expected total stud production. Took a long time coming but finally getting it, no surprise as the Rockies lineup heats up he's getting more meatballs.

Still not on his usual 40HR pace even after this mega hot streak, but he's not far off it now and it should be there health permitting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chud12 said:

Didn't mean to come across as defensive. I just don't think he was ever really worth complaining about. One of the leagues I have him in uses avg, obp, and slg. He's been above or right around his career high marks in all of them all season long. His peripheral stats were also right about what you'd expect, and he's been hitting well with runners in scoring position all season, it's just the Rockies weren't exactly helping him out. RBI and runs are fluky stats. Even great players have stretches where they can't seem to rack them up. And considering he's a guy who typically gets better as the season goes along, I wasn't wasting any worries on my 3B production where I own him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, phillyphan21 said:

Didn't mean to come across as defensive. I just don't think he was ever really worth complaining about. One of the leagues I have him in uses avg, obp, and slg. He's been above or right around his career high marks in all of them all season long. His peripheral stats were also right about what you'd expect, and he's been hitting well with runners in scoring position all season, it's just the Rockies weren't exactly helping him out. RBI and runs are fluky stats. Even great players have stretches where they can't seem to rack them up. And considering he's a guy who typically gets better as the season goes along, I wasn't wasting any worries on my 3B production where I own him.

I get what your saying but it took Nolan almost half a season to start racking up the cats we draft him for, hopefully it’s full steam ahead ros.