Gotham_Soldier

Ender Inciarte 2018 Outlook

really not a fan of him moving to 9th...i see what everyone is saying but he should in the upper half of the lineup.

Anyone saying that moving to 9th isn't a big deal is wrong. Period.

It is DETRIMENTAL to his value. Now, if he adds 10-15 SBs more than even what I was projecting, he may still earn the pick. So dont' get me wrong and dont' sell. But you're taking a nose dive in Plate Appearances, which will undeniably have an effect on every counting stat.

I won't comment on the managerial decision. I think he deserves to lead-off and I can't believe he's happy about it, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter all that matters is if it continues. If this seems to be the goal, then Ender will take a fairly sizable hit. 

• Like 5

I think he'll be back leading off sooner than later. I mean he went ham today, so he'll be back to begin May.

Wish they'd go Inciarte(L), Acuna(R), Freeman(L), Albies(S), Markakis(L).

Take advantage of Inciarte & Acuna's speed, and let Albies/Markakis protect Freeman. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Wish they'd go Inciarte(L), Acuna(R), Freeman(L), Albies(S), Markakis(L).

Take advantage of Inciarte & Acuna's speed, and let Albies/Markakis protect Freeman. 

In general, I think there's no reason to not mash your best hitters at the top of your line-up. Yes you readjust it based on some skill-sets. I wouldn't bat Freeman first and Inciarte 3rd. But the guys at the top hit the most so the guys you want to hit the most should be at the top. 

• Like 1

After Sunday’s results, Snitker expected to stick with the lineup at least for Tuesday’s series opener at New York against Mets lefty Steven Matz, and maybe longer.

“I don’t know how long we’ll go with that, whether we’ll roll with it,” he said “But probably will Tuesday. I kind of like it. Lot of balance. I have to get used to the pitcher hitting eighth, which I’ve never been a fan of, but in some situations it might be the way to go. So we’ll see.”

https://www.myajc.com/sports/baseball/ozzie-moves-leadoff-homers-first-pitch-game/fvJu4q37jpjGitOVgC69kN/amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by vmo1059

9 hours ago, vmo1059 said:

I don't want to sound like a know-it-all, but this is truly moronic. A guy with Inciarte's contact skills, hit tool, and speed should not be robbed of 100 plate appearances by hitting 9th. Having him "lead-off" and hitting "in-front" of Albies and Acuna is over thinking and over-rationalizing a dumb move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Inciarte did not deserve this. 

Start hitting like he's capable of and the manager will move him back.

The Braves brought up a couple of young studs who are raking right now.

1 hour ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

Start hitting like he's capable of and the manager will move him back.

The Braves brought up a couple of young studs who are raking right now.

Makes me think you aren't watching Ender play.  .375 in past 12 games w/ 10 R and 8 SB.  

I personally think the GM is just shuffling the deck to get Acuna into that 2 hole without bruising Albies ego.  Snitker didn't sound committal at all. "don’t know how long we’ll go with that"... "in some situations it might be the way to go". 

IMO, Ender is the obvious choice for leadoff and Albies has enough power to bat cleanup & mgmt just doesn't want to s--- on Albies like "Acuna's here, you got to move down kid".  Should settle out in the next few days but as an Acuna and Ender owner I do hope Ender doesn't get sent down to 9 for long.  

• Like 4

I don't see what's wrong with Ender, Albies, Freeman, Acuna, Markakis as your top 5 in the order. I think we'll see this (or something similar in the future). You cannot have a career .294 hitter and .340 OBP guy in the 9 hole. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Makes me think you aren't watching Ender play.  .375 in past 12 games w/ 10 R and 8 SB.  

I personally think the GM is just shuffling the deck to get Acuna into that 2 hole without bruising Albies ego.  Snitker didn't sound committal at all. "don’t know how long we’ll go with that"... "in some situations it might be the way to go". 

IMO, Ender is the obvious choice for leadoff and Albies has enough power to bat cleanup & mgmt just doesn't want to s--- on Albies like "Acuna's here, you got to move down kid".  Should settle out in the next few days but as an Acuna and Ender owner I do hope Ender doesn't get sent down to 9 for long.  

I just traded for him in one league and have him in another.   I love me some Ender and his SB potential and OBP.

But he's sitting at  .276 with his hot streak.  

Albies, Acuna, Freeman and a hot Markakis in the top four spots are producing big numbers as well.

And after the first inning it becomes Inciarte, Albies, Acuna, Freeman anyway.

It feels like the Braves are tinkering with all of their new toys and I doubt Ender to the ninth spot is a permanent move.

I'm not a hug fan of Ender at 9th, but he's surely talented and consistent enough of a hitter where he should put up sexy numbers wherever they put him. I'd still prefer lead off, followed by Albies/Freeman/Acuna is whatever order. Just seems like that would a be a fast scoring buzz saw of a lineup from the 1-4 spot that would give any opposing pitchers fits. Definitely glad to see the SB and know the move to 9th for however long or often it might be, won't seem to impact his stealing. 

Ender

BA 291

OBP 351

BA 304

OBP 350

2018 despite a very slow start

BA 276

OBP 320

This guy should be leadoff.

I'm guessing they want Freeman protecting Acuna but I don't agree with dropping Ender to 9th.  That OBP at the top of the lineup is too valuable.

• Like 3

Ozzie has lead off 8 times in his mlb career and has lead off the game 3 times with a HR.

3 minutes ago, turner46 said:

Ozzie has lead off 8 times in his mlb career and has lead off the game 3 times with a HR.

You're going to have to use samples larger than 8 ABs if you want to attempt to make coherent points. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

You're going to have to use samples larger than 8 ABs if you want to attempt to make coherent points. 

Let him get a larger sample before considering moving him from the lead off spot, maybe Ender can hit 2 vs RHP and 9 vs LHP.

29 minutes ago, turner46 said:

It would be much cooler if Ozzie hit his HR with runners on.

Edited by ragrag
  • Like 4

Hitting 9th again today. Even know he still produced hitting 9th so far, it is going to cost him some at bats each game typically and possible production lost. Some games he could end up with 1 or 2 less at bats which is significant. It's anyone's guess how things shake out rest of season, but I'd like to see him lead off.

I'd recommend selling to be honest. I have him in 2/3 of my leagues and have been trying to move him. Batting 9th is certain to hurt counting stats which really sucks. 

46 minutes ago, Folarin said:

I'd recommend selling to be honest. I have him in 2/3 of my leagues and have been trying to move him. Batting 9th is certain to hurt counting stats which really sucks. 

I need the bags. Batting 9th sucks, but if he keeps running it’s hard to part with unless you’re getting some speed in return. I seriously hope this bottom of the order thing is temporary.

• Like 1

I'm still depressed that he isn't batting leadoff anymore. I was so excited about owning him this season. 40 steals will turn into 25. 100 runs will turn into 80.

Edited by Heisenberg90

1 hour ago, Ace_King said:

He has sucked in the  9 hole. Odds they move him up?

Pretty low imo. Albies and Acuna have been great for them at the top of the order, don't see them changing that anytime soon. 

• Sad 1