• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
ryno1980

Nick Pivetta 2018 Outlook

Not a guy being discussed much but his rookie year was better than the 6+ ERA with a 4.26 xFIP. 

K/9 numbers near 10. Seems like a guy with a chance to make a big improvement. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ryno1980 said:

Not a guy being discussed much but his rookie year was better than the 6+ ERA with a 4.26 xFIP. 

I like him a lot, picked him up when he was called up last year, stats aside, I watched him

pitch, he was impressive at times, has a lot to learn about big league hitters, another

season, he could settle in as a #3 type fantasy SP. I have my eyes on him long term.

He still ha a lot to prove.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ryno1980 said:

Good work starting Pivetta's 2018 thread on his 25th birthday, lol. You did that on purpose didn't you. :D

• Haha 1

He looks like a good pitcher when you watch him. Good live FB and good stuff. He’s young and has upside. Already on my watch list.

• Like 1

He needs to work on giving up the long ball. That 1.69 HR/9 is scary (2.11 at home).

• Like 1

With injuries to Leiter and Eickhoff, Pivetta seems set to make the Phillies rotation.

His ability to miss bats makes him an intriguing sleeper. I read something along the lines that only 34 starting pitchers struck out more than a batter an inning last year. Pivetta was one of them.

I like him as a flier in deep leagues.

• Like 1

Anyone grabbing Pivetta for the long week 1? He will have two starts, away vs ATL and then either @NYM or home vs Miami.. would be a fantastic stream vs Miami if that happens.  

Final line vs Miami:

5.2 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 9 K, 97 P (66 S).

You might not see a single pitcher get a QS with Gabe Kapler as manager this season.  I'm joking but questioning if I should be.

3 minutes ago, MJDrocks said:

You might not see a single pitcher get a QS with Gabe Kapler as manager this season.  I'm joking but questioning if I should be.

I’m guessing he likes to use the bullpen? Disappointed he didn’t get the QS. 

Just now, daethfromabove1979 said:

I think he wanted to bring in a lefty with the lefty hitting Bour on deck. But it's always disappointing in fantasy when a guy falls 1 out shy of a QS.... so close but so far away.

1 minute ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Yeah, not sure how closely you've followed his first week as manager but it's been a disaster.  He's been over-managing to high hell so far...

2 hours ago, MJDrocks said:

Yeah, not sure how closely you've followed his first week as manager but it's been a disaster.  He's been over-managing to high hell so far...

I mean, the team is 2-4... how has he been a disaster? The SP have an ERA north of 4 right now.

Marlins are a AAA lineup, especially with Realmuto out, but it's good to see the kid take care of business.  Stuff looks good if he can find a way to command it vs. better lineups.

Obviously nothing wrong with yanking him in favor of the southpaw after 97 pitches, but Kap hasn't exactly earned a lot of benefit of the doubt with his bevy of boneheaded baseball blunders over the first week.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

I mean, the team is 2-4... how has he been a disaster? The SP have an ERA north of 4 right now.

So 2-4 is good these days?  Going out to the mound to pull a pitcher with nobody warming up in his bullpen, a player already saying that he should "get out of the way."  Hard to call his first week anything other than a disaster.

4 hours ago, MJDrocks said:

So 2-4 is good these days?  Going out to the mound to pull a pitcher with nobody warming up in his bullpen, a player already saying that he should "get out of the way."  Hard to call his first week anything other than a disaster.

Is 2-4 really badthis early? 

Pivetta's stuff looked nasty yesterday.  It's only one start, but reports from ST that he had looked really good.  Perhaps, he has turned the corner. 

Like @tonycpsu mentions above, he will have to show he can do it against better lineups before really anticipating this is a breakout.

Spent a ton of faab on him this morning in a daily faab league that's super deep and pitching heavy. Someone gave up on him after one start.

Check out prediction number one here. Certainly  a guy to watch out for and someone who should get a decent amount of neutral or favorable matchups in that division.

https://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/scott-spratts-10-bold-predictions-for-2018/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎06 at 10:45 AM, BigPapi44 said:

Pivetta's stuff looked nasty yesterday.  It's only one start, but reports from ST that he had looked really good.  Perhaps, he has turned the corner. 

Like @tonycpsu mentions above, he will have to show he can do it against better lineups before really anticipating this is a breakout.

Dealing again.  If he is still available, better jump on.

Granted the bottom of the order was due up but still surprising to see Kapler send Pivetta out for the 7th when he was over 90 pitches.

A clean 7th should end his night at 103 pitches (72 S):

7 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 7 K, 8-2 GO-AO

Very nice outing tonight, just picked up for today’s start now I have to decide if he’s a keeper for awhile.

33 minutes ago, wahoos1 said:

Very nice outing tonight, just picked up for today’s start now I have to decide if he’s a keeper for awhile.

He is