ryno1980

Nick Pivetta 2018 Outlook

Got a bit squeezed in the first, could have prevented the run IMO. Stuff looks good in general, lots of foul balls not squaring him up

4 IP, 3 ER, 8 H/W...hope we see a bounce-back next week. 

Go, Nick, Go

Go, Nick, Go

Hey Pivetta, whaddayasay,

The Phils are gonna win today!

Meh, hard pass for me.  Time to look elsewhere.

K’s are nice but that’s about it.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, DemOrioles said:

Meh, hard pass for me.  Time to look elsewhere.

K’s are nice but that’s about it.

Ummm, not really. Even after today he has a 3.76 ERA and 1.16 WHIP, along with the K's....so again, you sound ridiculous. 

I don't even own this guy.

• Like 3

Not even sure how he gave up 3 runs last inning. I'm not watching the game, just following along online. But 4 singles (2 of which were infield singles and one of which was describe a shallow bloop) and a walk. He's not pitching poorly, it's just one of those days it seems. I see no reason to believe he won't continue to be as he has been.

• Like 1

Just now, Jericho said:

Not even sure how he gave up 3 runs last inning. I'm not watching the game, just following along online. But 4 singles (2 of which were infield singles and one of which was describe a shallow bloop) and a walk. He's not pitching poorly, it's just one of those days it seems. I see no reason to believe he won't continue to be as he has been.

A little unlucky. Some balls got through the hole on the short stop side that weren't hit all that hard.

Can someone point me to the threads with the perfect pitchers? I need some of those guys. Apparently the Pivetta critics have them all.

• Like 3

3.76 ERA isn’t that great.  Also only has 4 wins/ 4 QS which is again not that great.  So other than the K’s and serviceable whip, why bother?

Dont care if he was unlucky or not.  Fantasy baseball doesn’t use lucky/unlucky as a category.  He gave up the contact, he gave up the run.

Posted (edited)

Start versus the Cubs was an easy bench for me.  He has shown some good skills this season but not elite enough to start against the best opponents.

Edited by AHF

10 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

3.76 ERA isn’t that great.  Also only has 4 wins/ 4 QS which is again not that great.  So other than the K’s and serviceable whip, why bother?

Dont care if he was unlucky or not.  Fantasy baseball doesn’t use lucky/unlucky as a category.  He gave up the contact, he gave up the run.

3.76 ERA for a waiver wire add who is sitting at the back end of most owners' staffs. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

3.76 puts him in the low 40s for SPs. a top 50 pitcher isn't bad for a guy who was a late round draft pick or a waiver wire add.

Edited by osb_tensor

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

3.76 ERA for a waiver wire add who is sitting at the back end of most owners' staffs. 

2 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

3.76 puts him in the low 40s for SPs. a top 50 pitcher isn't bad for a guy who was a late round draft pick or a waiver wire add.

Didnt say it was bad, didn’t say it was great.  Said it was not THAT great.  Depending on your roster situation he’s not a must hold by any means.  Which is the case for mine.

13 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

3.76 ERA isn't great, but it's pretty solid. He's not a front end starter and you're acting like he's supposed to be. This guy was taken off the wire in most leagues. 

So other than the good whip, the good K's, and the solid ERA, this guy is garbage.

Solid analysis.

2 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

3.76 ERA isn't great, but it's pretty solid. He's not a front end starter and you're acting like he's supposed to be. This guy was taken off the wire in most leagues. 

So other than the good whip, the good K's, and the solid ERA, this guy is garbage.

Solid analysis.

Hes a back end starter which can be one of the first roster drops for a team.  That’s how I view him.  Not as a front line starter like you assumed.  

4 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Didnt say it was bad, didn’t say it was great.  Said it was not THAT great.  Depending on your roster situation he’s not a must hold by any means.  Which is the case for mine.

No, it's definitely not great, and his last two starts are disappointing. But because he's near the back of my staff and there aren't really any better options, I'll be hanging with him and hope he turns things back around. If he can finish with a 3.75 ERA and 1.25 WHIP to go with 10-12 wins, I'll be satisfied with him. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Hes a back end starter which can be one of the first roster drops for a team.  That’s how I view him.  Not as a front line starter like you assumed.  

Well when you come in here say stuff like "K's are nice but that's about it", it really makes you sound foolish.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 1

Wow Nick...thanks for the...6 k’s I guess?

1 hour ago, DemOrioles said:

Your inability to understand that not every player relevant in fantasy baseball is an absolute stud is beyond comprehension. Literally every single post of yours on this forum can be summer up as "this guy sucks". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, disasterisk said:

Your inability to understand that not every player relevant in fantasy baseball is an absolute stud is beyond comprehension. Literally every single post of yours on this forum can be summer up as "this guy sucks". 

Amen.

1 hour ago, DemOrioles said:

So I guess you don't believe in looking at BABIP, FIP, HR/FB, etc. etc.?  Observing and considering luck is extremely important when predicting future performance.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, The Waker said:

So I guess you don't believe in looking at BABIP, FIP, HR/FB, etc. etc.?  Observing and considering luck is extremely important when predicting future performance.

HE GAVE UP THE CONTACT, HE GAVE UP THE RUN!

-an idiot.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DemOrioles said:

This is such a dumb post. 

We care if a player is unlucky because it gives us insight into what we should do with guys going forward. We don't just look at the simple events that happened in a box-score, we look at how they happened and why they happened.

• Like 8

Bottomline ..fringe fantasy sp in 10 to 12 teamers...drop if you need the space . 

Fringe SP in 10-12 teamers? That's ridiculous. That puts him into the SP 75-90 range which is insane. I would love to be a a league where someone drops SPs like Pivetta.