ryno1980

Nick Pivetta 2018 Outlook

3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

His ERA vs Washington is actually 17.61. Here's the crazy part...his WHIP vs the Nats is 3.52, which is higher than his 3.45 ERA against everyone else. LOL. 

His line vs Washington: 7.2 IP, 20 H, 7 BB, 10 K, 15 ER, 6 HR...17.61 ERA, 3.52 WHIP. 

His line vs everyone else: 78.1 IP, 57 H, 19 BB, 93 K, 30 ER, 7 HR...3.45 ERA, 0.97 WHIP. 

Not if you count his 1 inning relief appearance against them today. Maybe that's how he can survive his next appearance against them

9 hours ago, Hound75 said:

Not if you count his 1 inning relief appearance against them today. Maybe that's how he can survive his next appearance against them

Good point. I didn't add that inning in. Even with that...his numbers against the Nats are crazy, lol. I just can't get over the fact that his WHIP against them is over 3.00. Lol. 

As a Phil's fan and non-owner, this one is easy to explain.

Vs RHB: .226/.282/.674 (Avg/OB%/OPS)

Vs LHB:  .290/.365/.832 (Avg/OB%/OPS)

I've been the president of the Nick Pivetta fan club all season, yet I have no idea what to do with him.

His struggles seem to be limited to the one team, but that team happens to be a division rival.

1 minute ago, Stallion said:

I've been the president of the Nick Pivetta fan club all season, yet I have no idea what to do with him.

His struggles seem to be limited to the one team, but that team happens to be a division rival.

so maybe just dont start him against that team?  if you dont have deep enough benches where you can choose when and where you start him, then drop....

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, AroundTheHorn said:

Dafuq?

With you on that...I did not expect a 2.2 IP outing against what's been a pretty disappointing offense in PIT. Maybe it's the road thing, I know he had some bad D behind him in the early going so maybe he just isn't comfortable pitching from the stretch...?  I'm not making excuses for the horrible outing, just trying to figure out what caused it so I can start him in better situations ROS.

Next week is set to be a 2-start week with games @NYM and @MIA so the matchups are hard not to like....but if did THIS against PIT?? NYM & MIA could light him up too....both MIA and NYM are right-heavy lineups so maybe that's a hope to cling to?

Edited by wayzupusc

How do you strikeout 13 Cardinals and then just lose it?

People still rostering this dude? 

This guy should be in American Greed the way he Cons his owners to "buy in"

New nick name: Nick "Ponzi" Pivetta

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

My glass is definitely half full, but he did K Polanco in the 3rd and he reached on a passed ball, as well as a botched double play in the shift where they had Franco playing SS and Kingery making a horrible throw to him. Then it all unraveled from there. On the other hand he did walk the pitcher, so it’s not all bad luck. I still have hope, but it’s an NL only so the options are minimal. 

Edited by mavsfan23

Well I am giving you one more chance ... let’s not disappoint. 

I didn’t drop because of this start. 

What do we all think is going to happen ? 

Phillies defense when he pitches is horrible!

• Like 1

Orioles offense is terrible so I see good fortunes tonight. 

Yea, if I had more roster flexibility, he'd be a streamer for me but injuries and incompetence have me starting him more weeks than not whether i like it or not....the talent & stuff are there...he just needs to put it all together. 

He throws an easy 95-96 with a great curveball. 

• Like 1

He’s an easy keep for me. Watch him pitch and look beyond the ERA/wins. Stud in the wings, once he figures some things out. 

• Like 3