ryno1980

Nick Pivetta 2018 Outlook

anyone trusting him vs Washington in his next start? I am ready to cut bait...

11 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

why only 4 innings yesterday? Line looked decent otherwise

Kap over-managing. 

His spot in the lineup came up with 1 out and a runner on 1st. Odubel proceeded to hit into a double play. 

1 minute ago, moeron22 said:

Kap over-managing. 

His spot in the lineup came up with 1 out and a runner on 1st. Odubel proceeded to hit into a double play. 

Oh lord, I didn’t even think about this. With 20 arms in the bullpen there won’t be another Philly QS the rest of the year, maybe not even a starter qualifying for a win. 

5 hours ago, pjoner said:

anyone trusting him vs Washington in his next start? I am ready to cut bait...

I cut him this morning to make room for Trevor Cahill :o Need a win this week!

Is he starting this Sunday or not?

It's been hard lately to pin down rotations... Some sites have him going Sunday, while others have him as a 2-start next week

Kind of important to his future on my team

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

Is he starting this Sunday or not?

It's been hard lately to pin down rotations... Some sites have him going Sunday, while others have him as a 2-start next week

Kind of important to his future on my team

Arrieta was scheduled to go on monday that was rained out, and Pivetta was tuesday.
Pivetta could have been moved ahead of Arrieta several times these past few weeks, but never happened. And the Phillies not setting up rotation for the playoffs for sure.
So I would assume (and really really hope) Arrieta is on Sunday. Unless he has some kinda injury. That would really suck.

Edited by JCD

I'm assuming he's starting tomorrow... Yahoo has had him there for a few days but there are definitely some conflicting schedules out there. Pivetta started the first game of Tuesday's doubleheader and Arrieta started the second... so maybe they keep with that order?

9 minutes ago, CFN said:

I'm assuming he's starting tomorrow... Yahoo has had him there for a few days but there are definitely some conflicting schedules out there. Pivetta started the first game of Tuesday's doubleheader and Arrieta started the second... so maybe they keep with that order?

It's not confirmed, every start matters in the playoffs. Have a contingency if they go with arrieta.

32 minutes ago, CFN said:

Yahoo has had him there for a few days but there are definitely some conflicting schedules out there. Pivetta started the first game of Tuesday's doubleheader and Arrieta started the second...

Yahoo had Fedde to start on Sunday even an hour ago, because he pitched the first game on Tuesday, while completely disregarding the fact that Roark, who pitched the second game, was already penciled in for some time now on MLB.com.

Edited by JCD

27 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

It's not confirmed, every start matters in the playoffs. Have a contingency if they go with arrieta.

Agreed, I'm ready to drop him if it's confirmed he's not starting. But there's a chance he starts.

Espn has Arrietta Sunday

Fantasy Pros has Arrietta Sunday

Yahoo has Pivetta Sunday

MLB has Pivetta Sunday

There’s like absolutely nothing on Twitter...

Waivers are tonight, annoying 

37 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

He's definitely going tomorrow. It's on their website. 

Thanks.

Dropped

In Sept, his GB rate has jumped to 60%, and his FB rate dropped to 24%, with much less hard contact. Given that homers have been his biggest problem (HR/FB still near 17% for Sept), if this holds it could be important. Is this just a blip, or an actual change in approach? Anyone know?

Still terrified of him making his last start in Coors, but this might be interesting for next year.

3 hours ago, Seadog said:

In Sept, his GB rate has jumped to 60%, and his FB rate dropped to 24%, with much less hard contact. Given that homers have been his biggest problem (HR/FB still near 17% for Sept), if this holds it could be important. Is this just a blip, or an actual change in approach? Anyone know?

Still terrified of him making his last start in Coors, but this might be interesting for next year.

I'm not sure but just anecdotally watching him, there does seem to be a change although it may be coming at the cost of less strikouts/whiffs