ryno1980

Nick Pivetta 2018 Outlook

Hes proven trustworthy so far so you start him. At least in 12+, dont bother with shallower leagues anyway.

Hes had one rough start the rest were good. Why is there even a debate?

I said the same thing when I started him against ATL. He has a couple good starts but he is nowhere near a must start vs every team yet. Hell he got shelled last outing and don't forget it should've been a lot worse had Odubel not wrangled in that FF HR out of the bushes in center field. He's a solid SIT today.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Washington’s offense is overrated, they have Harper and Turner and that’s about it. Not too scared of them when Rendon and Eaton are out. 

I agree. Their offense is mediocre at best without Rendon and Eaton. If you aren't starting him today because of a "bad" matchup then I think you should re-think your decision. 

Edited by Willsea33
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Willsea33 said:

I agree. Their offense is mediocre at best without Rendon and Eaton. If you aren't starting him today because of a "bad" matchup then I think you should re-think your decision. 

WAS has the 6th highest wOBA vs RHP, with a 20% K rate (4th best in MLB), but don't seem to hit it very hard they are 21st in the league with a 32.8% Hard%. Thats not counting Eaton and Rendon. I'd say its 50/50 for Pivetta today

It's Friday, I'm down in counting stats and I need a solid start. I don't like the matchup but if I can't start him when I need to, then I'll move on. Come on kid give us a gem!

• Like 1

Thought I was picking up a strike thrower, just another loser. Not my year when I need guys like this to perform . 

Edited by Rick Simon

Good lord ... relax everyone. Yes Harper hit a couple dongs. Young SP with upside. Chill out. He’s been solid and there are good days to come. 

4 minutes ago, MasonBlue said:

Good lord ... relax everyone. Yes Harper hit a couple dongs. Young SP with upside. Chill out. He’s been solid and there are good days to come. 

You didn’t watch, did you?  I ask because there was nothing about that start that was encouraging. I usually don’t like to give up on guys but after today there’s zero chance I’d ever be able to trust him again

Edited by Rick Simon

4 minutes ago, Rick Simon said:

You didn’t watch, did you?  I ask because there was nothing about that start that was encouraging. I usually don’t like to give up on guys but after today there’s zero chance I’d ever be able to trust him again

Did he drops his pants and trip over them after each pitch or something?

1 minute ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Did he drops his pants and trip over them after each pitch or something?

Ha! That would have been more entertaining than what happened 

The walks are the concerning part. This was his issue last year and now he's flashed control issues in back to back starts. I fear he's reverting back to his crappy ways.

I am holding. He had a meh game last week against Atlanta and got bombed today, but he was solid all season before these two games. 

Game is delayed!!! Fingers crossed it's cancelled before 5 IP.

• Like 2

Folty gave up 6 six runs. He’s done. Drop. Last guys to give up 6 runs. He’s done. Panic panic freak out freak out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1