ryno1980

Nick Pivetta 2018 Outlook

37 minutes ago, tuesdays said:

I’m holding

Ya me too. He’s get San Fran his next start.

San Fran is red hot right now.  Over the last 7 days they were 4th in runs scored and 2nd in OPS out of all 30 MLB teams.  Definitely not a start.

13 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

San Fran is red hot right now.  Over the last 7 days they were 4th in runs scored and 2nd in OPS out of all 30 MLB teams.  Definitely not a start.

What about the next 7 days? Or do hot streaks just continue indefinately?

• Like 2

Bought low on him in an NL Only so I'm hoping for a turnaround.  K/9 and K/BB still both look really nice.  I think he'll settle in to somewhere around 3.80 ERA, 1.15 WHIP.

47 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

What about the next 7 days? Or do hot streaks just continue indefinately?

Do you think predictions are just pulled out of thin air? Have fun pitching the near 5 ERA pitcher vs a very good offense that has finally got hot.

Edited by MrBrown

Threads like these are a bummer with all the shallow leaguers jumping ship on any non elite guy after a start or two.

I still like Pivetta. I think it's a neutral matchup at worst. Atlanta doesn't have a good rotation and their ballpark is very scoring friendly, that helped the Giants a little. He won't be facing Bryce Harper at least. Giants have a decent lineup, but it's not elite.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Threads like these are a bummer with all the shallow leaguers jumping ship on any non elite guy after a start or two.

I still like Pivetta. I think it's a neutral matchup at worst. Atlanta doesn't have a good rotation and their ballpark is very scoring friendly, that helped the Giants a little. He won't be facing Bryce Harper at least. Giants have a decent lineup, but it's not elite.

He's had 4 good starts and 3 very bad ones.  Last year he was terrible with an over 6 ERA in 25 starts.  Not sure there's anything to be seen here.

11 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

He's had 4 good starts and 3 very bad ones.  Last year he was terrible with an over 6 ERA in 25 starts.  Not sure there's anything to be seen here.

last year's stats on a rookie pitcher? I'll keep that in my mind for my 2017 leagues.  Thanks.

I do agree with you that SF isn't a cake matchup. 

Edited by brockpapersizer

Hmm San Fran has been useless the last two games so looks like a good time to play Pivetta, but I could also see them breaking out of the slump and getting 6 runs, we will see lol. But yes I am still streaming him.

Edited by daethfromabove1979

1 hour ago, MasonBlue said:

If you're not going to start him vs. SF, then he shouldn't be on your team.

Lol what is with this continued narrative?  Yes, their offense was disastrous to start the season.  But they had an awful AVG with RISP.  They were getting a ton of opportunities, just not capitalizing on any.  During their recent hot streak, they began to capitalize.  And yes they've regressed the last couple games, but were once dead last in runs scored, and have moved ahead of 8 teams.  They are three runs scored behind Colorado.  Would you say this same statement if he was pitching against Colorado?  Am I Giants fan?  Yes.  Am I biased?  Sure.  But this statement is a little excessive.  Having said this, I am sure he will go out and have a 7 IP, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 H, 8K game lol.  Rant over.

8 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

They are three runs scored behind Colorado.  Would you say this same statement if he was pitching against Colorado?

At Citizen's Bank Park?  Yes.  The Rockies road/home wOBA splits are 23rd / 7th.  You do not really have to worry about that offense away from Coors, and that's been true for a while now.

The Giants are a well below-average offense, on paper and in terms of actual production.  A nice hot stretch vs. the Braves does not change that.

2 hours ago, MasonBlue said:

If you're not going to start him vs. SF, then he shouldn't be on your team.

Maybe in daily leagues,  but in weekly leagues, you may have better options and you’re not really missing much but sitting him out and making sure his last game was a blip and not a sign of things to come.  That being said, Eflin and Nola both just posted career highs in strike outs against this SF team, so Pivetta should br in line for a decent start.

8 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

At Citizen's Bank Park?  Yes.  The Rockies road/home wOBA splits are 23rd / 7th.  You do not really have to worry about that offense away from Coors, and that's been true for a while now.

The Giants are a well below-average offense, on paper and in terms of actual production.  A nice hot stretch vs. the Braves does not change that.

Yeah I suppose.  Guess I was also looking at the 17 runs scored against the Padres, 24 runs scored against the Dodgers in 4 games, 10 runs against the Nationals, and 15 runs against the Angels.  But that is my recency/homer bias.

Edited by ToO_BaD

He wasn't very economical tonight - 96 pitches over 5 - but didn't allow any runs on four hits. He walked none and fanned 7.

All told, a nice rebound from last time out.

Train keeps on a-chuggin’ 

On 5/7/2018 at 5:11 PM, MrBrown said:

Do you think predictions are just pulled out of thin air? Have fun pitching the near 5 ERA pitcher vs a very good offense that has finally got hot.

I did enjoy it. Thank you.

• Thanks 1