ryno1980

Nick Pivetta 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, rrrrich46 said:

He pitched well. I saw most of his outing. 

I guess he got Kaplered? 

Sucks if you have him in a qs league, but may have been the right decision. 96 pitches, whatever. 

2 minutes ago, rrrrich46 said:

He pitched well. I saw most of his outing. 

I guess he got Kaplered? 

He threw 96 pitches, so maybe Kapler'd lite? As the tweet says, one-third of his pitches were in the first inning, so by the time he finished the fifth he was cruising, and probably could have come back for the sixth. Buttttttt I understand why he was pulled in a 5-0 game. He's still young and developing.

• Like 1

His FIP and XFIP are in the mid 3s and he is striking out more than a batter per inning. I am holding. 

Edited by johnnyboy8102

You'd think he pitched a CGSO by some of these reactions, especially for a start where he's facing a "below average offense" as they called it..  ERA down to 4.15 after this start, averaging 5 innings per start in the NL.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

5IP what a stud!!!

3 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

You'd think he pitched a CGSO by some of these reactions, especially for a start where he's facing a "below average offense" as they called it..  ERA down to 4.15 after this start, averaging 5 innings per start in the NL.

tenor.gif?itemid=3556648

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Sorry, I play in a deep league where the highest ranked SP available on waivers is Matt Koch. I gotta take whatever pitching successes I can get.

• Like 3

Guys, how good he is for your team/league isn't the point. Thats a variable for you to analyze.

The kid has shown marked improvement in velocity and a more effective/diverse repertoire (in general). 

He's well worth keeping an eye on IMO. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

I get that he hasn't had an Ace career and his overall numbers aren't great.. It's his 2nd year in the bigs. If you're judging people primarily based on past ERA, I don't see how that's successful.  You have to predict some breakouts and players who are undervalued because their previous results were poor.

PIvetta has ample of upside, maybe he's putting it altogether this year.  I like what I've seen, willing to start him in at least average matchups.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I get that he hasn't had an Ace career and his overall numbers. It's his 2nd year in the bigs. If you're judging people primarily based on past ERA, I don't see how that's successful.  You have to predict some breakouts and players who are undervalued because their previous results were poor.

PIvetta has ample of upside, maybe he's putting it altogether this year.  I like what I've seen, willing to start him in at least average matchups.

Oh, what are these? FACTS. 

Well done, thanks.

Is it safe to assume Pivetta won't be getting 2 starts next week since the game today was postponed?

14 minutes ago, jbj said:

Is it safe to assume Pivetta won't be getting 2 starts next week since the game today was postponed?

Good question. They could skip Eflin. 

39 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

Everyone pitching him at Baltimore today?

A very strong K potential with this lineup.

My guess is 6IP 3 ER 9ks and the W.

I was gonna start him against BAL but they’re on a hitting tear so I’m gonna let him sit this one out. 

3 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

Everyone pitching him at Baltimore today?

Lefties are usually his issue.   So it comes down to how you think he'll handle Alvarez, Davis, etc. 

• Thanks 1

No way jose I'm starting today.  

I still remember his 1 inning quality start 2 weeks ago vs a good lineup at home (nats).   Can only imagine what he will do vs a great lineup away....

This dude is only a match up play...

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Lefties are usually his issue.   So it comes down to how you think he'll handle Alvarez, Davis, etc. 

Pivetta fastballs to those 2? I'll pass

3 minutes ago, Elviplatinum said:

No way jose I'm starting today.  

I still remember his 1 inning quality start 2 weeks ago vs a good lineup at home (nats).   Can only imagine what he will do vs a great lineup away....

This dude is only a match up play...

baltimore is a great lineup, but the nationals were merely a good lineup?

the orioles are 25th in wOBA vs RHP on the season (10th highest k-rate, 4th lowest bb-rate), while the nats are 6th.

the park is scary, but the lineup is not. as @96mnc pointed out, it's the lefties in the lineup that are worrisome.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

I am gonna roll him out there. I was on the fence but I'll take a chance. I'm feeling lucky. 

Yeah I was looking him up cuz I am thinking about starting a BAL hitter as a streamer. Dude has big time splits. SHuts down righty hitters.