Sign in to follow this  
Silverdome_Loyal

Beltre, Castellanos or keep Minor league WHIR

I’m In win now mode but My OF could use youth (Kyle Tucker) — thinking about tossing both Nick and Beltre back in the draft pool ... (draft a 3B first pick which begins at round 19 - Turner, Gallo, Shaw, or Moran could b there) bat stats = HR, RUNs, RBIs, OBP, SLG plus steals ... any thoughts are appreciated (it’s a dynasty league FYI)

Contreras 

Votto

Murphy

Andrus

3–empty

Cano (utility spot)

OF -  Cruz, Upton, and JD 

That's quite the draft pool for a dynasty league.  But yea, I would definitely toss Beltre back considering the options available.  Regarding Castellanos, we'd probably need a better understanding of your league setup.  He's not a world beater but he's young and productive with dual eligibility.  Plus, he's a stat cast darling.  If you're getting a high pick and can upgrade from him, sure... but that's not something we'd know without more details.

19 minutes ago, I like baseball said:

That's quite the draft pool for a dynasty league.  But yea, I would definitely toss Beltre back considering the options available.  Regarding Castellanos, we'd probably need a better understanding of your league setup.  He's not a world beater but he's young and productive with dual eligibility.  Plus, he's a stat cast darling.  If you're getting a high pick and can upgrade from him, sure... but that's not something we'd know without more details.

H2H each week RUNs, RBIs, HR, SB, OBP, SLG.....I do have the best pitching so that’s a non issue ~ my gut says Turner will be kept so 3B might b real thin in this 12 team dynasty league ... we draft at round 19 (we keep 9 bats 9 arms) there’s 2 NA slots for prospects

Castellanos in for a nice year

Hold onto Beltre & Castellanos and then decide who you like more to keep for this year. Both are excellent options. 

Thing is who is NC going to drive in ? The Tiger roster is going to be loaded with minor leaguers and players with a couple of month major league time. They are going to have trouble scoring runs.

• Thanks 1

I would throw Beltre back in and keep Castellanos and take your chances with what's out there in the draft. If someone keeps Turner I really like Gallo in OBP leagues. If he hits 40+ HR I don't care if his OBP is .330, that won't kill ya. Plus he has the dual eligibility too. 

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/693346-a-little-1st-round-draft-helpwhir/

Edited by BostonCajun
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, motown magic said:

Thing is who is NC going to drive in ? The Tiger roster is going to be loaded with minor leaguers and players with a couple of month major league time. They are going to have trouble scoring runs.

Exactly why I’m nervous keeping nick - kids got muscle but come on who’s he going to b driving in (Cabrera can’t score from first let alone second on a Cast double - V marts even worse)....which leds me to keep Mr prospect (Tucker in Houston line up 🤤) and hope Gallo, Lamb, or Turner is there - maybe Kyle Seager