SpecialFNK

Walker Buehler 2018 Outlook

at 52 inn pitched. does this mean he is good to go ROS if healthy? no inn pitched cap now? 100 more inn ROS

31 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

at 52 inn pitched. does this mean he is good to go ROS if healthy? no inn pitched cap now? 100 more inn ROS

He’s at 68.1 innings pitched if you include the minors. 100 more innings ROS seems like a big stretch considering the lack of innings in his career. 

If you’re in any sort of keeper, don’t drop him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Buehler's attorney later stated that Mr. Buehler denies ever touching 97. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Article link included. Want to limit innings. May just be a move, as they have options. Sounds like 6-man rotation after the break seems like a real possibility.

Maybe they should have just come out and said they made this move for service time reasons, as it sure seems like that was a big reason.  Now that they did this, even if they bring him up right away after his 10 days are up, his service time will be 4 days short of a full season.  So now they get an extra year of control.

https://www.truebluela.com/2018/7/14/17571116/walker-buehler-optioned-dodgers-zac-rosscup-activated

At the end of the day, it's not a big deal to me as long as he's up and pitching in the majors for as long as possible this season.  I even don't have a problem with the 6-man rotation if it means Buehler is up for most of the rest of the season at worst.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Under500Forever said:

I hate 6 man rotations but I guess it keeps Buehler in the majors. 

One of the Dodgers’ bandaid arms will get hurt.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

One of the Dodgers’ bandaid arms will get hurt.

Yup. Plus I'll gladly take his potential top 25 production even if it means the occasional turn being skipped. 

did he slide in the draft because of inj? i dont see how his vandy teamate fulmer went before him

nvm he had TJ when he was drafted

Edited by colepenhagen

All the while... all the up/down/relief/this move/that move have quietly screwed up his rhythm and season. I cover the Dodgers and can tell that this has happened. Injury played a role too. Won't peak again like he did early in the season. Will have a good outing or two but everyone will constantly be searching for what he was those first six or seven starts and it won't come back this year. 

The team jerked him around too much and the rhythm is gone. Great keeper though whenever they get around to letting him throw a real season's worth of innings and who knows when that might be in today's millennial baseball where you baby arms until they're 28 years old and by then they start getting hurt anyways. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, mevins31 said:

All the while... all the up/down/relief/this move/that move have quietly screwed up his rhythm and season. I cover the Dodgers and can tell that this has happened. Injury played a role too. Won't peak again like he did early in the season. Will have a good outing or two but everyone will constantly be searching for what he was those first six or seven starts and it won't come back this year. 

The team jerked him around too much and the rhythm is gone. Great keeper though whenever they get around to letting him throw a real season's worth of innings and who knows when that might be in today's millennial baseball where you baby arms until they're 28 years old and by then they start getting hurt anyways. 

What makes you so sure he won’t peak again? 

He’s a damn gold pitcher that may need to get in a groove again but there is a whole second half to play. He may not peak again but I don’t think you can make that call right now. 

If jerking him around was the nature of the problem, I wouldn’t count on that not being the case given the pending logjam of 7 healthy sps in LA. Generally the guys with minor league options are the first to bump

16 hours ago, Under500Forever said:

What makes you so sure he won’t peak again? 

He’s a damn gold pitcher that may need to get in a groove again but there is a whole second half to play. He may not peak again but I don’t think you can make that call right now. 

It's my opinion and I think that I can, and I think I'll be right. Lets re-visit it after the season ends. 

• Haha 1

This guy is a total horse. His K/9 i elite and he's isn't anywhere near his peak. He's keeper worthy, and I usually just keep 8/8 offensive pieces. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jub Jub said:

There’s no chance he could be involved a trade for Machado, is there?

Hell no. Not for a 2 month rental.

• Like 1

Even with a 6-man rotation, isn't Ryu due back soon?  He was pitching well before the injury....or does that 6 man rotation accommodate Ryu?