SpecialFNK

Walker Buehler 2018 Outlook

All systems go for two starts next week. Rich Hill likely headed to DL with Blister. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56
  • Like 1

Just got hit by a 108mph comebacker. Looked really bad - he was down on all fours, threw his glove - not sure where it hit him (upper throwing arm, maybe upper torso). Threw a few warmup pitches, back out there. Kid's got heart!

I sure was pretty scared there.  I'm very glad it ended up being nothing, as that could have been pretty bad obviously.

HR aside, I'm enjoying what I am seeing once again tonight.  Nice bounce back start...

7 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Nolan disagrees.

oSMcmaE.gif

I like how the guys in the dugout completely ignore him and his temper tantrum, lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I like how the guys in the dugout completely ignore him and his temper tantrum, lol. 

now who's gonna clean that ish up he threw all over the dugout?  prick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Would you want to get in the way of a temper tantrum from a guy like him? :)

All in all, really pleased with Walker's start tonight.  Obviously the most efficient he's been all season since it's the first time he's gone 7.  Also really encouraging to see him not walk a batter for the second time in three starts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZChronicNebula said:

Under appreciated or what

innings limit or nah

he's a well oiled machine, hopefully

8 hours ago, ZChronicNebula said:

Under appreciated or what

innings limit or nah

All depends on where they are in the standings later in the season.  I can see them scrapping the innings limit if they are right in the thick of things and they don't have any other options to replace him.

Man this guy is really turning into the SP1 of the future for my team. Love Buehler. He looks like he’s the complete package. I’m hoping he can be one of my “go to” SP for years to come in my keeper league. I’m especially impressed with his intellect and how he seems to be making all the right small adjustments so quickly. He seems to be improving and refining his craft with every start and when you combine this with his physical gifts then you’ve got the makings of a real stud.

• Like 3

Is he going to get a second start this week? 

1 minute ago, 96mnc said:

Is he going to get a second start this week? 

I'm seeing Sunday May 27th vs SD.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BCMarch10 said:

Man this guy is really turning into the SP1 of the future for my team. Love Buehler. He looks like he’s the complete package. I’m hoping he can be one of my “go to” SP for years to come in my keeper league. I’m especially impressed with his intellect and how he seems to be making all the right small adjustments so quickly. He seems to be improving and refining his craft with every start and when you combine this with his physical gifts then you’ve got the makings of a real stud.

The innings limit scared off a lot of owners, including me. But then he pitched 7 innings last night. So I'm going to pick him up if he falls through waivers. I'm not seeing any signs of an inning limit for him. 

10 minutes ago, InMyBagYo said:

The innings limit scared off a lot of owners, including me. But then he pitched 7 innings last night. So I'm going to pick him up if he falls through waivers. I'm not seeing any signs of an inning limit for him. 

Oh there’s definitely going to be an innings limit, he hasn’t pitched many innings in the minors so I’m sure he will get shut down at some point. In the meantime he looks filthy so you gotta ride the wave while he’s in the lineup. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Oh there’s definitely going to be an innings limit, he hasn’t pitched many innings in the minors so I’m sure he will get shut down at some point. In the meantime he looks filthy so you gotta ride the wave while he’s in the lineup. 

If I'm the Dodgers in ride him for 130 innings then shut him down and let Stripling/Hill/Stewart/Ryu take it down the stretch and through the rest of the season. 

Yeah, he's definitely going to have his workload managed.  If you're an owner in a dynasty league and you're in contention, now might be a good time to see who's interested.  Everything looks great here, but you know he'll be limited in what he can give you this season, so he's probably worth more to a rebuilding/retooling team than he is to yours.  Meanwhile, we don't really know what form his innings limit is going to come in -- he could just have starts skipped here and there, which ties up one of your reserve spots, or he could end up with a phantom DL injury, which works fine if you have the DL slots but could be problematic if you don't...  Might be worth it to get ahead of the curve (and any potential blow-up outings or freak injuries) and see if you can cash out now.

364 more days until Hockey tryouts Walker has to toughen up:

X-rays on Buehler's ribs were negative after Monday's game against the Rockies, J.P. Hoornstra of the Los Angeles Daily News reports.

The right-hander was fortunate to avoid a serious injury after being struck by a 108-mph comebacker off the bat of Trevor Story. Buehler appeared in serious pain but convinced the training staff and manager Dave Roberts that he was fine to continue on.

4 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

364 more days until Hockey tryouts Walker has to toughen up:

X-rays on Buehler's ribs were negative after Monday's game against the Rockies, J.P. Hoornstra of the Los Angeles Daily News reports.

The right-hander was fortunate to avoid a serious injury after being struck by a 108-mph comebacker off the bat of Trevor Story. Buehler appeared in serious pain but convinced the training staff and manager Dave Roberts that he was fine to continue on.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Dude has exceeded my wildest expectations. He’s been awesome. That said, he’s a sit for me this week @ COL. The risk not worth it. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Dude has exceeded my wildest expectations. He’s been awesome. That said, he’s a sit for me this week @ COL. The risk not worth it. 

Live a little, I wouldn’t dare sit this guy under any circumstance right now.