SpecialFNK

Walker Buehler 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, rrrrich46 said:

Yup. No worries though. Lock n load

For better or for worse, yep.  They obviously can't send him on a rehab assignment now unless they are willing to wait until they can recall him again.  His first actual start may or may not be very sexy, but I'm not concerned long term or anything.  It's probably just a matter of getting himself back to where he was before mechanically.

The downside is that now I have to burn an active roster spot instead of keeping him in a DL slot. Damn you Dodgers mgmt.

17 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

He should pitch better in his start next week. He was obviously rusty tonight. 

Definitely.  One could say he couldn't pitch much worse, so improvement is inevitable, but he'll get his mechanics back on track sooner or later.

I still think the team screwed up this whole situation though.  Not getting the test done to see he actually had a microfracture long before he had to be pulled from his start and then go on the DL, and now not sending him out on a rehab assignment to actually get ready.  They rushed Kershaw back and he obviously needed his first start back to be a rehab start, and now with Buehler he didn't even get to pitch enough really.  I'll still likely throw Buehler back in whenever he does make his first actual start, but they seem to be strangely inept lately at managing their roster, and they were so good at manipulating things last year.

The Doggers like to play with pitcher innings. Anyone worried that they are going to skip him, DL him, and/or bullpen him to the point it affects his value going forward?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Definitely.  One could say he couldn't pitch much worse, so improvement is inevitable, but he'll get his mechanics back on track sooner or later.

I still think the team screwed up this whole situation though.  Not getting the test done to see he actually had a microfracture long before he had to be pulled from his start and then go on the DL, and now not sending him out on a rehab assignment to actually get ready.  They rushed Kershaw back and he obviously needed his first start back to be a rehab start, and now with Buehler he didn't even get to pitch enough really.  I'll still likely throw Buehler back in whenever he does make his first actual start, but they seem to be strangely inept lately at managing their roster, and they were so good at manipulating things last year.

Having him fly back from Oklahoma yesterday might not been a factor in his performance but probably wasn't optimal.  Just read Tuesday is most likely is next start, limited pitch count probaby. Also, manager mentioned going to a 6 man rotation in the short term.

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Don’t freak out when you see this.

Sounds like it’s to keep him close to LA.

So, 10 days before he's back. 

53 minutes ago, MrBrett said:

So, 10 days before he's back. 

Which is what they should have done in the first place.  This actually makes them even dumber, as if they were going to do this, they might as well have just had him pitch in the minors to start stretching him out already.

So it looks like he will make at least 2 starts in the minors. The good news is that (according to TrueBlueLA) once he is back he should be good to go for the rest of season without restriction. That said, the injury is a little scary, and, due to some other injuries, I am going to need some innings before he gets back. Would it be nuts to drop him for one of the other young guns that are crushing it now (Eflin, Peralta, Kingham, Beiber, etc)? 

21 minutes ago, St3v3k4hn said:

So it looks like he will make at least 2 starts in the minors. The good news is that (according to TrueBlueLA) once he is back he should be good to go for the rest of season without restriction. That said, the injury is a little scary, and, due to some other injuries, I am going to need some innings before he gets back. Would it be nuts to drop him for one of the other young guns that are crushing it now (Eflin, Peralta, Kingham, Beiber, etc)? 

Not unless you want to lose in the playoffs to the guy who picks him up.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 2:58 PM, St3v3k4hn said:

The Doggers like to play with pitcher innings. Anyone worried that they are going to skip him, DL him, and/or bullpen him to the point it affects his value going forward?

I personally would be okay with him getting in 10 relief appearances this season to make him RP eligible again next year.

1 minute ago, grover33 said:

Saw he pitched good in his start last night. Is he worth a stash?

yes, potential league winner

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

200w.gif

Lol just trying to get back into fantasy after not playing for 10+ years

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grover33 said:

Lol just trying to get back into fantasy after not playing for 10+ years

Potential gold if the Dodgers don’t mess him up. If he’s available (can’t believe he is in many leagues), grab him.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Potential gold if the Dodgers don’t mess him up. If he’s available (can’t believe he is in many leagues), grab him.

Thank you!

Ummm...not sure if serious, but yes

Is there going to be a rotation spot for him when he comes back? I am not seeing a path right now. Ryu on the mend, LA looking to add another starting pitcher before the trade deadline, and a rotation that is healthy/ pitching well.

1 minute ago, Jimmymckrack said:

Is there going to be a rotation spot for him when he comes back? I am not seeing a path right now. Ryu on the mend, LA looking to add another starting pitcher before the trade deadline, and a rotation that is healthy/ pitching well.

I Could be mistaken but i remember roberts saying in the beginning of the year that if walker is pitching in the majors he will be exclusively used as a starter. Dude is gonna be their future after kerahaw, why waste his talent in the bp.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jimmymckrack said:

They'll go six man or play games with the disabled list. He's getting a spot in the rotation. 

Yes he's a must own. 

6 minutes ago, David Aames said:

this guy is a must own when healthy right?

If your league counts pitching stats, yeah.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/30/2018 at 6:59 PM, St3v3k4hn said:

Would it be nuts to drop him for one of the other young guns that are crushing it now (Eflin, Peralta, Kingham, Beiber, etc)? 

Honestly if all those guys are on the wire, you can drop Buehler and probably pick him back up whenever you want. At worst you can pickup one of those other high upside young guys and not lose out on much.

• Like 1