SpecialFNK

Walker Buehler 2018 Outlook

47 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

any news on what LA plans on doing with his?  He's NA right now

Nothing yet, he threw a 5-inning simulated game yesterday. They're trying to keep his workload down I suppose.

My guess is he gets slotted in to start late next week. Hopefully it's clarified in time for weekly leaguers like me.

He might start Wednesday?  It's a total guessing game.

Strip and Maeda Mon/Tues in some order per LA Times, then it's classified info for Wednesday.

5 minutes ago, STLSU said:

He might start Wednesday?  It's a total guessing game.

Strip and Maeda Mon/Tues in some order per LA Times, then it's classified info for Wednesday.

Seems possible IMO. He's already had some "innings" management so having having him as part of a 6 man rotation for a few turns is fine by me. Those situations have a way of working themselves out. 

• Like 1

Despite his handful of great starts he's been a blackhole on my roster for weeks/months? and then the 1 IP 5 ER appearance was a lot of fun as well somewhere in the middle of it all

Owning dodgers pitchers the last few years really does test your patience as a fantasy manager .. these dodgers pitchers are excellent when healthy but can go MIA at any moment and go LONG stretches of time inbetween starts and even more frustrating when they get the hook after 4-5 innings. There's almost a constant psychological tug of war whether they are worth rostering at all despite the elite performance when they actually take the mound.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Despite his handful of great starts he's been a blackhole on my roster for weeks/months? and then the 1 IP 5 ER appearance was a lot of fun as well somewhere in the middle of it all

Owning dodgers pitchers the last few years really does test your patience as a fantasy manager .. these dodgers pitchers are excellent when healthy but can go MIA at any moment and go LONG stretches of time inbetween starts and even more frustrating when they get the hook after 4-5 innings. There's almost a constant psychological tug of war whether they are worth rostering at all despite the elite performance when they actually take the mound.

Feel free to drop him. I would be delighted to pick him up if I was in that league. 

• Like 2

On 7/16/2018 at 2:35 AM, mevins31 said:

All the while... all the up/down/relief/this move/that move have quietly screwed up his rhythm and season. I cover the Dodgers and can tell that this has happened. Injury played a role too. Won't peak again like he did early in the season. Will have a good outing or two but everyone will constantly be searching for what he was those first six or seven starts and it won't come back this year. 

The team jerked him around too much and the rhythm is gone. Great keeper though whenever they get around to letting him throw a real season's worth of innings and who knows when that might be in today's millennial baseball where you baby arms until they're 28 years old and by then they start getting hurt anyways. 

this guy might be right after that outing...

• Like 1

Despite the bad numbers the pitching performance was actually quite good. He basically started to lose his command in the 5th (he was at ~90 pitches or so) and then was dinked and dunked with singles/grounders before intentionally walking a batter for a loogy reliever who couldn't get a clutch out. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Despite the bad numbers the pitching performance was actually quite good. He basically started to lose his command in the 5th (he was at ~90 pitches or so) and then was dinked and dunked with singles/grounders before intentionally walking a batter for a loogy reliever who couldn't get a clutch out. 

Yep. The results blow, but they're not something I'm worried about. The biggest concern is still inning and pitch limits. 

31 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Yeah, he didn’t have it today. The thing I was most impressed with for a young SP was the fact that he had six 3-ball counts and didn’t walk one of them. His only BB, of course, was when they called for an intentional walk in Rhys, and then pulled him. He was able to battle, and refused to “beat himself” by putting guys on, even when he didn’t have it. Impressed.

• Like 1

Kicking myself hard for not selling high.  Just gotta ride it out now, better days are ahead for this bright young man.

6 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Kicking myself hard for not selling high.  Just gotta ride it out now, better days are ahead for this bright young man.

Redraft, might not have been a bad idea.  Keeper, he's still gold.

Better days are indeed ahead.  Even with pitch counts and such, better days are still ahead even just for this season.  Today was somewhat of an unlucky day, even if he didn't have it (didn't see the game).

• Like 2

He pitched fairly well - the line is deceiving 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, weisberg26 said:

What do WB's next few matchups look like?

No one knows what the Dodgers are doing with their next turn of the rotation... not even their manager (see the Stripling thread). Good times to own 3 of their starters.

1 minute ago, crotchcrickets said:

who has the balls to start him tonight?

On board. Over Tallon and Matz (thank goodness) 

• Like 1