SpecialFNK

Walker Buehler 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, TheWrightStuff said:

Posey is not starting game 1

Posey sucks anyway

No Posey, no Williamson, and no Panik.  I'm definitely more optimistic than I was right after Buehler's game on Tuesday.

He's thrown first pitch strikes to 12 straight batters, has given up two runs, walked one and K'd 6 

What are you all smoking? 

This kid is a stud horse in the making. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrfrood said:

Wow him and Stratton blew my ratios up. I can't wait to drop this guy. 

No Stratton blew up your ratios ..... Stratton is the problem here not WB. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

No Stratton blew up your ratios ..... Stratton is the problem here not WB. 

Reverse jinxed it! I spoke too soon as that was still in the first. 

1 minute ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Relax.

Do not drop this kid, you'll regret it. 

You think he’ll stick in rotation?  I don’t think he showed enough.  He settled in after score shot up though.

8 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Relax.

Do not drop this kid, you'll regret it. 

Yeah, I don't what happened but all the sudden it is clicking for him now. Maybe nerves.

Edited by Dirtywater97

I think this is the type of outing that both impresses managers and serves as a great learning experience.  Showed both grit and a nice repertoire.

Dont know if he sticks but I'm already seeing him listed as the SP for the May 3rd game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Feel bad for you rage-droppers.  But with a trigger finger like that, you should know better than to ever pick up a rookie starter!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

You think he’ll stick in rotation?  I don’t think he showed enough.  He settled in after score shot up though.

Yes. He has the goods. Certain teams have a nack for finding a certain position, for the Dodgers it's horses that start. 

HODL!!

Line: 

5 IP 6 H 1 B 6 K 

10.80 K/9 6.0 K/BB 

He threw first pitch strikes to 12 straight guys after the rocky first. 

HODL and don't let anyone weasel him away either 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Yes. He has the goods. Certain teams have a nack for finding a certain position, for the Dodgers it's horses that start. 

HODL!!

5 IP - 94 pitches against Giants C listers.  Not sure if that’s enough to tilt the scale.  These things do have away of working themselves out.  Kershaw, Ryu, Wood, Maeda, Hill.  There’s a ton of injury in there so even if he goes down he’ll likely be up in a few weeks.  Murky situation.

6 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

5 IP - 94 pitches against Giants C listers.  Not sure if that’s enough to tilt the scale.  These things do have away of working themselves out.  Kershaw, Ryu, Wood, Maeda, Hill.  There’s a ton of injury in there so even if he goes down he’ll likely be up in a few weeks.  Murky situation.

Good points but the only kind of upside on my wire that even comes close to WB is Soroka of ATL and I have him stashed too on a short bench. 

I'll just hold, the rage droppers are putting in claims now ... 

• Like 1

Not sure about redraft leagues, but I LOVE this outing as a Dynasty owner.

The big thing is he threw 5 innings, everything else is icing on the cake with the Ks and BB. He will have growing pains but man this kid could be good. 

Edited by sandman0803

Did he?  Looks like only 5. 

But the “icing” is the best part in this case!

Edited by BMcP

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Did he?  Looks like only 5. 

But the “icing” is the best part in this case!

It was 5, I thought I saw 6. I fixed it. 

The big thing with him is getting innings under his belt.

Wish I was able to see more of his start. I was only able to see the first inning and 2nd, but man the dude has a filthy curve AND slider to pair with that heater. If the command continues to improve the sky is the limit for this kid.

Edited by Dirtywater97

If you’re looking at him to routinely go 6 this year, I can safely say that won’t happen - not just due to his IP limit, but under the ever-vigilant gaze of Capt. Hook even Kershaw won’t do that regularly.  Hurts his value in QS leagues, but if he looks like he did today, in that division/park with that offense/pen backing him, you have to hold him as a 5-6 unless you’re absolutely stacked at SP.

• Like 1

In all fairness to people who were writing this start off after the first inning in here and the Gameday thread, including me, he was wild in his first start and he was incredibly wild in the first inning as well.  It really looked like this game could have been a 12-11 disaster.

It's great obviously that he turned into a completely different pitcher once I had to leave.  This gives hope that he might actually be ready to stick around.

The dodgers had stripling warming up before Puig made that awesome catch in foul territory to end the 1st inning.  I thought this start was going to be a disaster but he settled down after that. He threw 35 pitches in the first inning so I’m surprised he made it through 5 innings. 

I’m pretty sure he only gave up 2 hits in innings 2-5. He hasn’t faced any tough opponents yet but I like what I’ve seen so far. I’m not sure how much value he will have in redraft leagues this year but dynasty owners have to be excited. 

He won’t stick in the rotation as of now but we all know that injury bug can hit that rotation at anytime. 

15 hours ago, mthdmn said:

I'm excited for him. For next year.

Same here. Nasty stuff, 97 mph fastball, good movement, and one hell of a nasty slider with a lot of downward movement.