SpecialFNK

Walker Buehler 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, rrrrich46 said:

Is it a forgone conclusion that he gets sent down today? 

He got sent down to A+ when he usually plays at AAA same as last time, but that is the affiliate closest to LA. So he will be up again very shortly.

• Thanks 1

To state the obvious, I guess that was the best case scenario.  It's a good thing all around that he somehow pulled those 4 innings out of his butt after such a shaky start.

10 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

He got sent down to A+ when he usually plays at AAA same as last time, but that is the affiliate closest to LA. So he will be up again very shortly.

Ok thanks, this is very helpful. No "baseball" reason for this other than convenience. No way he actually pitches in A ball right?

1 minute ago, rrrrich46 said:

Ok thanks, this is very helpful. No "baseball" reason for this other than convenience. No way he actually pitches in A ball right?

No, there'd be no reason for him to pitch in A ball.  It'd be an obvious waste of his innings when he's already being monitored all season.  It's just a move that had to be made until it's time for him to start again.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rrrrich46 said:

I think he has to stay down there for 10 days before he can be recalled again unless someone gets hurt and they put them on the DL. I'm not 100% on that though. Puig may be headed to the DL so maybe that is what they have in mind? Complete speculation on my part.

Edited by Dirtywater97

20 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

I think he has to stay down there for 10 days before he can be recalled again unless someone gets hurt and they put them on the DL. I'm not 100% on that though. Puig may be headed to the DL so maybe that is what they have in mind? Complete speculation on my part.

"

8 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

"

BUT:

1. If a player is recalled as the "26th man" and is optioned back to the minors the next day, the "10-day rule" clock (prohibiting a player from being recalled until he has spent at least ten days on Optional Assignment, unless he is replacing a player who is placed on the DL or other MLB inactive list) does not start over again. However many days toward ten that the player spent on Optional Assignment prior to being recalled as the "26th man" counts.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/26th_Man_Rule

IF I am understanding this accurately, the 10 day rule does not apply to him since he was the 26th man yesterday...if I am not, disregard my idiocy haha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Either way, it seems as if he's going to pitch again the majors soon unless we are all missing something.

I went back and watched his last 4 innings from his start yesterday since I had to leave after the first.  One thing I noticed, which in the end doesn't really mean a whole lot, was that he never hit around 100 MPH at all during the start.  He was right around the low to mid-90's all day (mostly all mid-90's), with his top-out pitch being 97 I believe.  Again, obviously it didn't mean a whole lot since he really settled down, but just a useless tidbit I noticed while watching the game.

As for the actual start, I take back everything I said yesterday.  That was some impressive stuff and he actually looked like a major league pitcher through those 4 innings. Obviously a good one too with the first inning problems put firmly in the rear view by throwing 1st pitch strike after first pitch strike.  Granted this was against a pretty bad lineup overall, but I still am far more impressed with this start than his first one.

Edited by KilloWertz

4 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

IF I am understanding this accurately, the 10 day rule does not apply to him since he was the 26th man yesterday...if I am not, disregard my idiocy haha

If this is on point then it lends credence to Buehler making his next start in the bigs, yes?

• Like 1

Nice, and also another nice matchup.

Back to NA for the time being and then back in the lineup for whenever he pitches in that series.

• Like 1

Can't decide if this guys is extremely frustrating to own, or if he's the gift that keeps on giving.  Every time you think he's getting sent down, news comes out that he's going to make another start.  Guess I'll keep rolling with him until the wheels fall off.

Edited by JJ1223

Doesn't the sea level down in Mexico make it play like Coors Field on crack? Might be a dicey option?

Edited by ST. STEVEN

3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Doesn't the sea level down in Mexico make it play like Coors Field on crack? Might be a dicey option?

If the games are in Monterrey, that is northern Mexico, and only 1772 feet above sea level (Coors is roughly a mile above sea level).  I think people are usually referring to Mexico City, Puebla, and even Guadalajara (7400, 7000, and 5100 feet above sea level respectively), which are much further south, when making those references.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

He's gonna start again shortly, I guarantee it. 

Anyone who dropped this kid should quit fantasy baseball. 

1 hour ago, ToO_BaD said:

If the games are in Monterrey, that is northern Mexico, and only 1772 feet above sea level (Coors is roughly a mile above sea level).  I think people are usually referring to Mexico City, Puebla, and even Guadalajara (7400, 7000, and 5100 feet above sea level respectively), which are much further south, when making those references.

Good stuff man.   Thanks. 

I thought the games were going to be in Mexico City which IS Coors on crack.

3 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Good stuff man.   Thanks. 

I thought the games were going to be in Mexico City which IS Coors on crack.

No problem.  Yeah I think that is where the football games have been played, hence why most gravitate towards that.  I actually had to look it up to make sure because I was just going off what someone posted above for the location.  And looking it up, it is being played at Estadio de Beisbol Moterrey in case anyone is interested in looking up park dimensions, exact elevation, etc.

15 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

No problem.  Yeah I think that is where the football games have been played, hence why most gravitate towards that.  I actually had to look it up to make sure because I was just going off what someone posted above for the location.  And looking it up, it is being played at Estadio de Beisbol Moterrey in case anyone is interested in looking up park dimensions, exact elevation, etc.

325/405/325

Scores

15-10

7-3

8-0

8-2

Do we think this guy is going to get yanked around all year because Dodgers or is there a path to consistent starts if he forces the issue 

39 minutes ago, loro1991 said:

Do we think this guy is going to get yanked around all year because Dodgers or is there a path to consistent starts if he forces the issue 

It's the Dodgers, he's for sure getting yanked around all year. 

They manipulate the roster like no one else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rrrrich46 said:

Who wants to guess if he starts next week???

I thought the word was he's in line to get one against the Pads. 

Man this guy would be a huge comeup if something happens with Dodgers rotation

Edited by loro1991

7 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I know Dodgers gonna Dodger but I can't see them letting Stripling be #5 with a 12-17 record right now. Idk whats going to go down but rotoworld blurb says Stripling (4ip4er last start) is transitioning back to long relief leaving a spot open. Who is the guy if Buehler keeps getting yanked around? We got one start for now, I would feel good about his chances with another good showing. Everyone in the rotation has durability concerns. 

Edited by loro1991