SpecialFNK

Walker Buehler 2018 Outlook

20 minutes ago, loro1991 said:

I know Dodgers gonna Dodger but I can't see them letting Stripling be #5 with a 12-17 record right now. Idk whats going to go down but rotoworld blurb says Stripling (4ip4er last start) is transitioning back to long relief leaving a spot open. Who is the guy if Buehler keeps getting yanked around? We got one start for now, I would feel good about his chances with another good showing. Everyone in the rotation has durability concerns. 

Kershaw

Hill

Maeda 

Ryu 

Wood

Seems to me he needs an injury for a spot to really open up.  But if one does occur the Dodgers can't afford to mess around with Stripling in the rotation.  The division is too good.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 96mnc said:

Kershaw

Hill

Maeda 

Ryu 

Wood

Seems to me he needs an injury for a spot to really open up.  But if one does occur the Dodgers can't afford to mess around with Stripling in the rotation.  The division is too good.

no problem ... Sunday is 4 days away and I'm sure Richie Hill will find someway to not be ready to start

I think it's pretty safe to say a permanent rotation spot just isn't there yet for Buehler, even though he deserves one.  Maybe somebody else gets hurt, or they make something up.  Either way, he seems basically a lock to start against the Padres, and is still a very nice stash for whenever the next opportunity presents itself.

It's also possible they move Maeda back to the bullpen at some point.  Either way, Buehler seems to be the favorite to be the #6 guy unless he's just pitched recently.  Combine everything with the fact that his innings are going to be limited at some point, and his value won't be what it could be this season, but he's definitely still a guy to keep around for when he does get starts.

Just to reiterate for anyone making drop decisions on him, the #6 guy on the Dodgers is much more valuable than on most teams given their roster/DL gymnastics and the IP limits.  Outside of Kershaw, Wood is the only one who got to 150 IP last year.  The rest of that group hovered around 120-130 IP and will likely stay that way this year.  Again looking at last year's numbers that only accounts for less than half their yearly total IPs. Even the Yankees would have a hard time making up that difference with BP alone.  Buehler is going to get some IP this year.

53 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Kershaw

Hill

Maeda 

Ryu 

Wood

You are right, I checked the depth chart and Hill was not listed on the 1-5 b/c injury so I forgot about him there

Buehler pls :( 

Edited by loro1991

Walker Buehler is likely to start on Friday for the Dodgers against the Padres according to David Vassegh of 570 AM LA Sports.

Buehler was optioned to High-A Rancho Cucamonga on Tuesday, but it was always likely his stay in the minors was going to be short. The 23-year-old right-hander has pitched well in his 10 innings with Los Angeles this year, with a 1.80 ERA and 11 strikeouts in that time frame.
  • Like 1

Beat writer Vassegh says Maeda won't be moved to the pen yet...Roberts said it's too soon to start pivoting away from

anyone in particular----so, it's TBD moving forward, it seems

1 hour ago, 96mnc said:

Kershaw

Hill

Maeda 

Ryu 

Wood

Four of those five have injury histories. It’s a question of when,  not if. Let’s just hope our boy stays healthy

And now it’s no longer a question: Ryu hurt already

• Like 1

Just now, BMcP said:

And now it’s no longer a question: Ryu hurt already

Yeah I don't have the volume on so can't tell what. Hamstring? Didn't look super serious

I turned it off after he left the game, kind of out of disgust since I have Ryu, but it'd be shocking if he didn't go on the DL.  It's the Dodgers, and Ryu seems to be pretty delicate.  I'm not saying this wasn't a legit injury since he couldn't stretch even though it seemed like he wanted to stay in the game before that, but it still seems that way otherwise.

Anyways, looks like there's a decent chance Buehler sticks around for a little while longer than expected.  Maybe I/we should doubt how long he's doing to be up more often.

2 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I turned it off after he left the game, kind of out of disgust since I have Ryu, but it'd be shocking if he didn't go on the DL.  It's the Dodgers, and Ryu seems to be pretty delicate.  I'm not saying this wasn't a legit injury since he couldn't stretch even though it seemed like he wanted to stay in the game before that, but it still seems that way otherwise.

Anyways, looks like there's a decent chance Buehler sticks around for a little while longer than expected.  Maybe I/we should doubt how long he's doing to be up more often.

Just said it but I'm guessing we get him for 1 extra start right now, 2 at most. More time for him to be up in case another injury/freak blister accident happens, I guess

19 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

I’ve heard this Mexican place is an even bigger hitters park than Coors.  

Can anyone confirm or disconfirm this?

Saw some other posts disconfirming that. Mexico City was a launch pad for previous games but these games will be in Monterrey and not that high at all above sea level.

Edited by Jub Jub

So, uh, what's the deal here? He's got a permanent spot in the rotation. This make him a must-add across 12 team standard formats?

12 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

So, uh, what's the deal here? He's got a permanent spot in the rotation. This make him a must-add across 12 team standard formats?

Should already be rostered, but for those leagues his is not, must add IMO.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jub Jub said:

Saw some other posts disconfirming that. Mexico City was a launch pad for previous games but these games will be in Monterrey and not that high at all above sea level.

This is correct. Monterrey is about 5,500 feet closer to sea level 

Ryu out through the All-Star break with his groin muscle being torn completely off the bone. :o

Roberts quoted as saying that Buehler is now a ‘fixture’ in the rotation going forward.

Just to reiterate, Roberts confirmed that Buehler is now a regular part of the rotation going forward.

I expect him to be skipped whenever possible to keep his innings down and hes almost certainly on strict pitch counts.

16 hours ago, rrrrich46 said:

Fire up the Dodgers "Wheel of Disabled List"!!

That wheel is 1/4 Maeda, 1/4 Ryu, and 1/2 Hill

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Just to reiterate, Roberts confirmed that Buehler is now a regular part of the rotation going forward.

I expect him to be skipped whenever possible to keep his innings down and hes almost certainly on strict pitch counts.

I have him in a QS league, which sucks..:( unless he is just extremely efficient i don't see more than 5 IP/G