SpecialFNK

Walker Buehler 2018 Outlook

34 minutes ago, countingcrow said:

Ryu out through the All-Star break with his groin muscle being torn completely off the bone:o

Roberts quoted as saying that Buehler is now a ‘fixture’ in the rotation going forward.

That just made me wince. YIKES!

Anymore opinions on this guy in standard 12 team H2h redraft leagues now that he is a fixture?

10 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

Anymore opinions on this guy in standard 12 team H2h redraft leagues now that he is a fixture?

Yes, he's a pickup.  He flashed his big time potential in the final four innings of his last start.  He was a mess in the first inning, and not exactly that efficient even in his first start, but those last 4 innings on Saturday were very nice.

• Like 1

Buehler and Soroka are gonna set the league on fire. 

Just wait. 

Horses like these lead to titles in September. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Just now, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Just wait. 

I tend to agree. But I'm being biased because I own them both.  :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lavaman said:

I tend to agree. But I'm being biased because I own them both.  :)

So do I. I've been holding Buehler or three weeks and Soroka for roughly ten days. For some reason my sense of when players are about to get the call is always pretty locked in. Moves like this are why I've managed to win two titles in the last three years. 

High end starting pitching costs a fortune in my league. 

As for Soroka he looks really poised on the mound. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Just wait. 

Fully agree these guys can get you to important games in Sept, but they simply are not gonna win you those games--innings limits and all...

• Like 1

Soroka won't have one and Buehler might have to help keep LA in it bc AZ is the real deal this year. 

I agree that young horses getting shut down can kill a team's momentum that's title hunting, but I'd rather have them then not, prior them being put in the barn. 

16 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Soroka won't have one and Buehler might have to help keep LA in it bc AZ is the real deal this year. 

I agree that young horses getting shut down can kill a team's momentum that's title hunting, but I'd rather have them then not, prior them being put in the barn. 

It would be surprising if Soroka had one, but Buehler may if LA never gets their act together.  Some of that will be determined when Turner gets back, as they obviously need him badly without Seager.

Even if Buehler still gets shut down at some point, guys like him can at least help get you into a great position so when they do get shut down, you're right in the middle of the race.  Whether they get you over the hump at the very end or not, putting you right in the thick of things is nearly as important.

• Like 1

Dependent on league settings...he's only functioned as an RP last Sept and 2 starts this year...I need 5 to get SP status in my leagues-

No chance they skip him if it gets rained out tonight, is there? With Ryu out, it's time to let the big dog run, or so I hope. 

Edited by MugsyBogues

10 minutes ago, MugsyBogues said:

No chance they skip him if it gets rained out tonight, is there? With Ryu out, it's time to let the big dog run, or so I hope. 

1% chance of ☔ main 

https://rotogrinders.com/weather/mlb

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but is this place in Mexico similar to Coors Field as for sea level environment? Or is it Mexico City that’s similar to Coors 

1 minute ago, bronxbombers723 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but is this place in Mexico similar to Coors Field as for sea level environment? Or is it Mexico City that’s similar to Coors 

Its discussed on the previous page

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

That forecast is defaulting to Petco because it's a technically a SDP home game. Dailybaseballdata has it right and it doesn't look good.

Thanks.  Weather.com has it raining until at least 3-4 PM tomorrow.

I think Buehler gets pushed back a day and they get the 3 game set in.  Dodgers seem determined to keep CK on long rest for Tues vs AZ.

Edited by STLSU

50 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Easy sit for me. Weather still looks sketchy and it appears that Bellinger riding the pine tonight. 

Both things are true, but I'm still not sure why that makes him an easy sit.  He's still going up against the Padres.  That's just my opinion though.

• Like 1

How many opportunities will this kid, or any pitcher for that matter have for a no no?

Then I remember this is the same manager who started Darvish over Kershaw in game 7 of WS

Wow, didn't think there was any chance he'd be able to squeeze out a QS with a 90ish pitch limit, but he managed to do just that. 0 hits with 3 walks over 6 innings? With 8 strikeouts? :wub:

5 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

How many opportunities will this kid, or any pitcher for that matter have for a no no?

He had thrown 93 pitches through six despite not giving up a hit.  There's no way they were going to let the new "fixture" in their rotation get to the 120-130 pitches necessary to complete a no-no.  The only question was to let him pitch until he gave up a hit, or to take him out and maybe let him be part of a combined no hitter.  Roberts made the right call here.

• Like 2