midlip

Paul Goldschmidt 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Dbacks should bench him and send him to the eye doc. 

I really thought they might’ve sat him down against Scherzer and/or Strasburg when they had him back to back. Probably would’ve been a good time to pull back and get a breather. Who knows.

1 hour ago, CrypTviLL said:

People have to realize that Goldy is done. If you can get anything for him (let alone a strasburg as someone in this thread stated) then you are doing good.

I was offering Walker Buehler for him 1 for 1, but got denied across all platforms. I am kind of glad that I did get denied because Goldy's peripherals say he is finished.

He’s not finished if he’s hurt. Keeper / Dynasty leagues, if I were playing for tomorrow,  and not this year, I’d consider acquiring at a bargain

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrypTviLL said:

People have to realize that Goldy is done. If you can get anything for him (let alone a strasburg as someone in this thread stated) then you are doing good.

I was offering Walker Buehler for him 1 for 1, but got denied across all platforms. I am kind of glad that I did get denied because Goldy's peripherals say he is finished.

Yeah Votto was suppose to be done to.  Goldy is a great player and the bottom has fallen out.  So something is wrong because you don't age 20 years overnight and come to a halt unless there is some underlying issue.  An absolute most hold in all dynasties and deeper keepers.  Time to try and trade FOR him in those leagues.

I agree, check his vision and re-check his arm.  If they are okay then talk him into a fake DL followed by a long rehab in the minors so he can get it together again with his mechanics out of the freaking spotlight and, at this point probably, his growing mental anxiety about all of this as well.  But whatever, get him out of the daily major league line-up.  It is messing him up at his point more to try and play through this than helping him.

Steven Matz, slump buster.  Thanks buddy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

He’s alive! Hallelujah! Hopefully this gets him going.

Edited by AndyReidMustGo...Now
Added a sentence
  • Like 2

He hasn't had any problems with Lefties this year. 4 of his 5 HRs have come against them.  Lefties on the road is all he's been good for so far.

His career away numbers are almost identical to his career home numbers. Feels like either he's in the midst of one of the most epic slumps for an elite player, or dealing with some sort of injury. Yahoo mentioned the soft hit% is up and past his career norms, could be different reasons for that like slumping in general, injury, who knows. 

You guy's expect him to bounce back and end up with a somewhat typical Goldy year ? 

55 minutes ago, tonywow said:

His career away numbers are almost identical to his career home numbers. Feels like either he's in the midst of one of the most epic slumps for an elite player, or dealing with some sort of injury. Yahoo mentioned the soft hit% is up and past his career norms, could be different reasons for that like slumping in general, injury, who knows. 

You guy's expect him to bounce back and end up with a somewhat typical Goldy year ? 

I think at best this will end up being a lost year. In that scenario, he's playing hurt, will miss some time, and can maybe be helpful in fantasy playoffs. Just don't count on the end of season numbers to be there. Worst case scenario he's done, and while I've shown a lot of pessimism in this thread, I'm actually starting to lean towards the injury theory.

apparently Goldie has turned into the reincarnation of Adam Dunn and the 3 True Outcomes ... with a lot less power

Didn't actually believe he'd drop below the mendoza line, but here we are - 1 0fer away.

I had Machado last year during his horrendous first half struggles, so I feel for you Goldy owners. I think his struggles are even worse than Machados last year which is hard to believe. 

My gut tells me is something going on health wise, whether it stems from any issues he had last year or if he's a play though it if possible type player. Its possible he simply hit his epic slump of his career, but only time will tell.

Last year with Machado I couldnt get peanuts on the dollar during his prolonged slump. That door might be completely shut with Goldy too atm, especially in small leagues and some redrafts. Maybe some have high hopes and a lot of patience who might be looking to buy low. Those looking to try a trade him away will probably have better luck packaging another player with a pulse to sweeten the deal and lessen the chances of total loss for whoever gets Goldy of he doesnt bounce back.

3 minutes ago, tonywow said:

I had Machado last year during his horrendous first half struggles, so I feel for you Goldy owners. I think his struggles are even worse than Machados last year which is hard to believe. 

My gut tells me is something going on health wise, whether it stems from any issues he had last year or if he's a play though it if possible type player. Its possible he simply hit his epic slump of his career, but only time will tell.

Last year with Machado I couldnt get peanuts on the dollar during his prolonged slump. That door might be completely shut with Goldy too atm, especially in small leagues and some redrafts. Maybe some have high hopes and a lot of patience who might be looking to buy low. Those looking to try a trade him away will probably have better luck packaging another player with a pulse to sweeten the deal and lessen the chances of total loss for whoever gets Goldy of he doesnt bounce back.

I think a big difference here too is with the age gap. Manny was struggling but only 24 and had not yet hit his prime. At 30, Goldy is viewed to be in the decline of his career even though he just had his best season last year. 

3 minutes ago, tywalson said:

I think a big difference here too is with the age gap. Manny was struggling but only 24 and had not yet hit his prime. At 30, Goldy is viewed to be in the decline of his career even though he just had his best season last year. 

What are you talking about? Last year wasn't even remotely close to his best season 

1 hour ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

What are you talking about? Last year wasn't even remotely close to his best season 

It was definitely at least close.  Most total R/RBI's, tied for most homers, still a good amount of SB.  It was his most all-around good season I think.

2 minutes ago, The Waker said:

It was definitely at least close.  Most total R/RBI's, tied for most homers, still a good amount of SB.  It was his most all-around good season I think.

2015 was his best season.   Runs and rbi are team driven stats more than individual.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

2015 was his best season.   Runs and rbi are team driven stats more than individual.

I was just thinking about Fantasy value.  Forget that's not real life sometimes

Edited by The Waker