midlip

Paul Goldschmidt 2018 Outlook

If leaguemates are buying the comeback and you’re cautious of whether he’s back, it’s the perfect time to sell.

35 minutes ago, bigge2win said:

If leaguemates are buying the comeback and you’re cautious of whether he’s back, it’s the perfect time to sell.

Or to ruin your dynasty/keeper team for the next half dozen years by losing him to a panic attack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigge2win said:

Yeah, true, there's really not a 7 year track record of being a top 5 hitter in the league, annually.  Easy sell.

• Like 1

[ bickering removed. State your position clearly and don't accuse others of bad faith without evidence.] 

Counting stats this past week (non-OBP league)...just sick:

16-25, 0.640 BA, 4 HR, 11 RBI, 10 R, 3 BB

Edited by Damn Yankee

51 minutes ago, Damn Yankee said:

Counting stats this past week (non-OBP league)...just sick:

16-25, 0.640 BA, 4 HR, 11 RBI, 10 R, 3 BB

I just knew Goldy would pick this week to set his game on fire (the week I face his GM in H2H).  Lost HR by 2, RBI by 3 and R by 1.

pay-that-man-his-money.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kwolf68 said:

No it's not "specific to you". Yes, I did reference your argument against him, but you were not the one calling him a bum. Actually NO ONE did, but he was called "replacement level", among many other comments from others. So basically....a BUM, but no nothing literal. 

I am not a Goldy owner, but have watched him work his game for years now. ALL baseball players will decline, some even slump and have bad years. I do NOT believe this is Goldy's decline. Is it a slump? Perhaps, but the level of knee jerk reaction to 2 months of baseball in a 7+ year career of excellence was just mind boggling to me. THAT was my only take, it was not to call out you (or anyone), rather making the point that people need to chill the hell out on guys like this. And now we see he's starting to hit, just like  Bellinger in LA...he's coming to life.

Once again, the best predictor of the future is the past when talking sports. 

Lol I have never "argued against him."  Saying that he has always hit well in SF is a fact, not me arguing against him.  You are on a fantasy sports website, so you are going to get a lot of knee-jerk and "what have you done for me lately?" arguments.  And one could say you are using the same overzealous attitude in claiming he is back after two great series.  If you can't handle the way people post on this site, then maybe it isn't for you.  But you will literally find people damning a player one minute and singing their praises the next in almost any player thread.  If people hit a soft spot with you in Goldy, then apologies for that.  But just as I never called him a bum, I never argued against him.  So perhaps you should do a little more reading than posting.  Thanks.

Split                                G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB ROE BAbip tOPS+

COL-Coors Fld 55 54 263 221 54 72 18 2 14 62 7 0 36 50 .326 .418 .615 1.034 136 5 2 0 4 8 4 .360 121

SFG-AT&T Pk 65 65 285 237 40 79 21 3 11 48 6 3 39 54 .333 .425 .586 1.011 139 7 3 0 6 10 0 .382 118

Just giving a reference for a couple of parks.

1 minute ago, b0nfire said:

Will he steal is the real question now IMO

Had a CS last night

Goldy making that evil Humidor look like his..

Now go steal some bases Goldy! 

Very nice to see him but a HR in Arizona. 

For those keeping track, the HR was off a 87 mph ball

MONSTER oppo dong and best part

Off a 94 mph ball! 

4 minutes ago, dannyusf said:

MONSTER oppo dong and best part

Off a 94 mph ball! 

Is this real life?

or is this just fantasy?

• Like 1

Anyone see any reports or articles if Goldy has made a swing adjustment. His wind up looks a little different. I'm trying to get some Intel to see his keeper round value for next year. 

44 minutes ago, dannyusf said:

Anyone see any reports or articles if Goldy has made a swing adjustment. His wind up looks a little different. I'm trying to get some Intel to see his keeper round value for next year. 

I'm not sure about his swing but I could help some with value. Looks like the stolen bases are gone and he's at that age where speed starts to dissipate anyway, so looking towards next season I wouldn't bank on him getting more than a handful, if that. In redraft leagues he'll probably go in the 2nd or 3rd round due to name recognition alone. In keeper leagues I wouldn't draft him before the 4th round. 

All of that is based on 12 team leagues and standard roto settings and assuming his numbers end up being around .280- 30-100. take it for what it's worth, just an opinion. 

Thanks for that opinion. Gave me some insight. 

Also happy to report. Goldy's Hard Hit % is now a career high 48%! 

The soft % is still a career high and the medium % is a career low but it could be that he is just hitting the ball as hard as he can last month and the soft/medium are still results from an atrocious couple of months. 

21 hours ago, dannyusf said:

Yes this happened.  MLB tonight showed his swing the first month and a half during his struggles.  I tried to see if the breakdown was available online, no luck.  Essentially goldys swing used to include a slight back tap with his front foot for timing.  He removed this back tap and now basically just raises the front foot and puts it back down now instead of the slight back tap.  Ever since the change he’s been raking.   Baseball is an amazing sport, such a slight adjustment by a perennial all star with great results. 

America’s first baseman going to have a big day on America’s birthday. BOOK IT. 

Last time I posted this it worked so well. 

Goldy @ COL

On 6/20/2018 at 12:42 PM, dannyusf said:

He is still one of the if not the best 1B in all of baseball.  I'd take him lower first round in a draft and consider it a steal.  And first basemen last so much longer in baseball then any other position player.  If someone is dumb enough to trade him in a dynasty I'd be after him big time.

Strikeout totals are showing up again lately. 2-15 this weekend with 11 strikeouts. Anything to be worried about? This isn’t a good staff he has been facing.