Sign in to follow this  
jfazz23

Brett Gardner 2018 Outlook

feel like people are sleeping on gardner.  hes gonna start left field and leadoff for a yankees lineup that could break HR records.  hes gonna have judge, stanton, sanchez, bird hitting behind him.

hes not gonna hit 300, but he can slash something like 265/350/420.  if he does that i think hes scoring 100 runs.  he has a 20 homerun swing in yankee stadium and can still steal 15-20.  never broke 70 rbi....but if torres and hicks produce at the bottom of the lineup i can see it happening.

265avg 100 runs  20 homers 70 rbi 20sb

i think thats very valuable in 4 or 5 of leagues as your OF 4/5

thoughts?

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 3

I think your projections are spot on.  The only big difference I see this year between Gardner and a group of players like Pollock, Pham and/or Cain is that you can get Gardner 139, 127 and 95 picks later than those guys, respectively.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kirkcameron said:

I think your projections are spot on.  The only big difference I see this year between Gardner and a group of players like Pollock, Pham and/or Cain is that you can get Gardner 139, 127 and 95 picks later than those guys, respectively.  

he probably wont run as much with those guys behind him...but then again he stole 23 last year with judge and sanchez and didi having big years behind him

so i dont think 20 sb is ridiculous 

Can confirm he’s going cheap. Got him after pick 160 in a recent draft. A small reach over his adp probably, but still value imo. 

He’s just old and unsexy. Whatevs. 

• Like 1

His age is definitely an issue.  There haven't been many 35 year old productive outfielders.

10 hours ago, B&F said:

His age is definitely an issue.  There haven't been many 35 year old productive outfielders.

How many unproductive 35 year old starting outfielders have there been? How many were playing in a great offense and in a great stadium?

I'm not sure what kind of sample size we're dealing with.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, B&F said:

Ichiro, Beltran, Cruz, Damon, Marlon Byrd, Carlos Lee, Abreu, Werth, Granderson, Berkman, Ibanez all had very productive years at age 35.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sine_cera said:

Ichiro, Beltran, Cruz, Damon, Marlon Byrd, Carlos Lee, Abreu, Werth, Granderson, Berkman, Ibanez all had very productive years at age 35.

1 hour ago, AnonymousRob said:

How many unproductive 35 year old starting outfielders have there been? How many were playing in a great offense and in a great stadium?

I'm not sure what kind of sample size we're dealing with.

11 hours ago, B&F said:

hes also 34 not 35 until end of august.

and i agree, there have been alot of 34/35 year old very productive outfielders

• Like 1

12 hours ago, countseth said:

Can confirm he’s going cheap. Got him after pick 160 in a recent draft. A small reach over his adp probably, but still value imo. 

He’s just old and unsexy. Whatevs. 

Speak for yourself 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1