The 7th Beatles

Larry Fitzgerald 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, FlyingElvis said:

I think a lot of this depends on your situation. Of those you listed, I think Coutee is the only one I would consider right now. The draft capital argument is a solid one. I'm currently 4-1 and have shored up my WRs with trades/pickups so that I don't have to think about starting Fitz even as a flex. Holding him is essentially the same as holding a lottery ticket. 

Despite my previous post, I think there are arguments for both sides, so even though I think I'll hold for a little while longer, anyone who has the opportunity to offload Fitz for a sure-fire FLEX with WR2 upside should do so. Over the course of the season, big boom players can be packaged to acquire a WR2, so it's possible that someone who holds Fitz and someone who moves on could have similarly-valued players at season's end even if Fitz comes back to his WR2 numbers.

My only hope is that Rosen improves as well as Fitz's health and we can at least see someone who can average double digit (10-15) points every week.

He's averaging 35 yards per game with 0 TDs through 5 games. The only sign of anything changing is that a pretty solid rookie that's been outplaying him will start seeing more targets. Offload him for a WR2 or flex? No, his value is way lower than that right now.

He's been dropped in my league. He's actually a FA. Nobody is touching this guy, lol. So sad, because he's one of the best and overall nice guys in the NFL.

11 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Homecoming game for him. Most likely his last one. Any chance he balls out?

He will eventually, but it will 100% come at some random time because...ya know.......fantasy, this week? who knows, maybe wait and see until full health but again, gonna be random

may the odds be ever in your favor (i own him in both my money leagues and am playing other guys over him until i see more receptions than 3-4 so i will most likely miss said game as well)

19 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Homecoming game for him. Most likely his last one. Any chance he balls out?

Unlikely, Rhodes will shut him down.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Unlikely, Rhodes will shut him down.

Rhodes doesnt play the slot.

3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Rhodes doesnt play the slot.

This isn't accurate. He does when necessary, he's moved inside to defend Michael Thomas. But he usually plays outside.

ED: Against Fitz, it won't be necessary.

Edited by miasma16
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

He's averaging 35 yards per game with 0 TDs through 5 games. The only sign of anything changing is that a pretty solid rookie that's been outplaying him will start seeing more targets. Offload him for a WR2 or flex? No, his value is way lower than that right now.

I meant via FA/waivers. Some leagues have guys that are top-24 in scoring still on the waivers. If those guys are available you have to drop Fitz, especially if your team is in "win now" mode.

Kirk has played well, but 1/3 of his yards and fantasy production have come off of one play, so I would like to see more sustained production before I consider him to be a major threat to Fitz. 

Bottom line, Josh Rosen isn't throwing the ball very much at all and hasn't been very accurate either. In three games, he's throwing 49.2%. That's the sixth-worst of ANY QB this season, behind Jacoby Brissett (0/1, 0%), Lamar Jackson (1/5, 20%), Nathan Peterman (5/18, 27.8%), Matt Cassell (2/6, 33.3%), and Tyrod Taylor (41/84, 48.8%). Per NFL's NextGen Stats, Rosen has the fourth-lowest Completion Percentage Above Expectation in the NFL, behind Blaine Gabbert, Tyrod Taylor, and Josh Allen. 

Bottom bottom line: Arizona offense is bad. Josh Rosen isn't throwing accurately right now. Fitz is injured. Three negatives that are hindering Fitz at the moment.

I mean it is pretty situational to your league and roster as to whether or not you can hang on. I wouldn't drop him for Kirk, Dede, or anyone like that probably but if you need to stream a kicker, TE, QB, or whatever this week I think dropping him is a fair question to ask yourself. As I stated earlier in this thread, I don't even think he is playable til Week 10 at the earliest (and even then I have my doubts he will show me enough to be used). If I am sitting here deciding between Zuerlein and OJ Howard as other players to drop instead, I am probably gonna drop Fitz as as those guys are probably starters for me over the next few weeks while Fitz is nothing more than a bench stash.

So yeah if you are in a similar situation Id say Fitz is drop worthy. He has been terrible on a terrible team with a terrible offensive scheme.

Edited by King Gonzo
typo

3 hours ago, King Gonzo said:

I mean it is pretty situational to your league and roster as to whether or not you can hang on. I wouldn't drop him for Kirk, Dede, or anyone like that probably but if you need to stream a kicker, TE, QB, or whatever this week I think dropping him is a fair question to ask yourself. As I stated earlier in this thread, I don't even think he is playable til Week 10 at the earliest (and even then I have my doubts he will show me enough to be used). If I am sitting here deciding between Zuerlein and OJ Howard as other players to drop instead, I am probably gonna drop Fitz as as those guys are probably starters for me over the next few weeks while Fitz is nothing more than a bench stash.

So yeah if you are in a similar situation Id say Fitz is drop worthy. He has been terrible on a terrible team with a terrible offensive scheme.

I just drop him for Oh Howard finally had the courage I drafted fritz in the 4th it didn’t work out 

i think it’s time for fitz to Hang it 

1 minute ago, krest509 said:

I just drop him for Oh Howard finally had the courage I drafted fritz in the 4th it didn’t work out 

i think it’s time for fitz to Hang it 

Funny because I just did the same thing and also drafted Fitz 4th round. Too many negative factors going for him right now.

Edited by TwoCan Sam

Yea I took Fitz in the early 3rd (16 team league) and pretty sure I'm dropping him before Sunday. I doubt he does anything next couple games that would warrant anyone picking him up anyways.

I'm not sure about this one...if he wasn't 35 I would probably pick him up. Look what Robby Anderson did once he developed a little chemistry with his crap QB

11 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I'm not sure about this one...if he wasn't 35 I would probably pick him up. Look what Robby Anderson did once he developed a little chemistry with his crap QB

I’ll obviously never compare Anderson to Fitzgerald...but Anderson can fly and separate 

1 minute ago, TwoCan Sam said:

I’ll obviously never compare Anderson to Fitzgerald...but Anderson can fly and separate 

Fair enough...I have not watched any Arizona games ( for fear of throwing up ) so did not realize Larry could not get separation. Factor in the injuries and he is an easy stay away.

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

Fair enough...I have not watched any Arizona games ( for fear of throwing up ) so did not realize Larry could not get separation. Factor in the injuries and he is an easy stay away.

Its sad because he’s one of the best WRs to ever play. Hate that his last(?) season has to happen like this

I'm off the wagon.....I actually dropped him to stash (look away) Ronald Jones in a 10 teamer.

Oh well. Good luck to those that stay the course.

I think the nagging hammy has been the biggest problem, the anemic offense coming in second.  I'm annoyed that they didn't sit him out a couple of weeks.

I hope Cardinals fans start rioting to demand that McCoy be replaced.  With the way the team's looked plus comments from Arians, analysts, and fans, I have to imagine he's on thin ice.  Ownership can't risk ruining their franchise QB in his rookie season.

Unfortunately, Fitz and DJ are 2 of the classier, more humble superstars in the league... so I don't think they'll force the issue.

Arizona's bye is week 9.  I think McCoy will be gone by then.

Edited by SadFaceHappy
  • Like 1

Is it McCoy or the HC thats the problem?  

We have seen McCoy run productive teams in Den and SD but he had good QBs...

The one thing that gives me a sliver of hope is that he was able to produce with the bad QBs from last year without DJ the whole season.

Maybe his hammy is really the main problem.

Or maybe Rosen is really just that bad and innaccurate and it's a lost cause no matter what.

That said, he's next on my chopping block whenever a bye week filler hits the waivers.

13 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Is it McCoy or the HC thats the problem?  

We have seen McCoy run productive teams in Den and SD but he had good QBs...

McCoy is the issue. He’s been bailed out by good QBs who audible his trash calls.

Fitz was able to produce last year due to Arians knowing how to call offensive plays

I'm not really banking on whether Fitz will get healthy, whether it is the OC, whether it is the QB, or the existence of Kirk.  My only concern is if this entire offense gets on the same page.  I think it is a combination of a lot of things which ultimately roll up to the head coach....so whatever - if I were a betting man - I'd say this team is going to come on like a Jimmy Garappollo 2017 49ers team.  I'm holding Fitzy cause I have space - yet desperately need him to ball.  It is a true desperation mode and I am willing to drop Fitzy for Gabriel .......what a strange day that would be. 

Really would like to see RSJ come out too.  He is getting a lot of targets but not converting.   That is definitely telling that this team is throwing to their talent but they have to get on the same page.  Looking forward to when it clicks.