robbybobby005

Alex Reyes 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-28. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 minute ago, jh83 said:

If he was truly injured why on earth would they keep him in the game for the final out right after the mound visit with the manager and trainers?

I will hold my breath until more news comes out but this just does not make sense.

at this point all they can go by is what Reyes says. so if they ask if he's ok and he says yes, they leave him in. doesn't mean he's ok. Went from throwing 97-100 down to 92-93.

reyes himself may not even know there's an issue, concerning imo

Well, I’m glad he didn’t destroy my ratios while in the process of crushing my dreams.

(I know I’m being overly dramatic)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ugh such high hopes. He only struck out 2 in the first inning. He couldn't put away the SS who is hitting .114 or either the pitcher batting for himself for a strikeout in the second inning. 98-99 should have easily strikeout a pitcher but he was between 92-95. Very concerning.

Edited by msuna

Just now, ZChronicNebula said:

Not really.

When is a 3-7 mph velo. drop from a guy just coming back from injury not concerning lol???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

When is a 3-7 mph velo. drop from a guy just coming back from injury not concerning lol???

It's concerning, but that doesn't really mean anything at this point. He worked really hard in the 2nd. Walked a couple of guys. Threw a bunch of pitches. Maybe he got a little fatigued

• Like 1

Just now, chud12 said:

This isn't suprising at all for his first game coming off TJS. His first MLB start against the best team in the NL. We had way to high expectations here. He was dominant in the first inning. Velo went down during the 2nd, 3rd, & part of the 4th but it went back up & he finished the inning unscratched. 

R-e-l-a-x

• Like 3

Just read where he's sitting in the dugout, not looking concerned or talking to trainers. that has to be a good thing, right?

• Like 1

Just now, DFWSooner said:

Just read where he's sitting in the dugout, not looking concerned or talking to trainers. that has to be a good thing, right?

I'd say so yes, so let's just hope he's not hiding something.

I watched every pitch. Just didn't like what I saw, especially after the 1st inning.

12 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

It's concerning, but that doesn't really mean anything at this point. He worked really hard in the 2nd. Walked a couple of guys. Threw a bunch of pitches. Maybe he got a little fatigued

Fatigued in the 3rd inning?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Fatigued in the 3rd inning?

Adrenaline man, the nerves were taking over.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robbybobby005 said:

First MLB game in 20 months?

Maybe.  Still somewhat concerning.

Edited by 89Topps

If it was his first competitive game back, I'd say he was fatigued... but he was holding 97-100 throughout each start during rehab.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, herschel said:

hes given up 3 singles in 4 innings.  

Yea that's mostly due to luck. He's been hit hard

• Confused 3

19 minutes ago, robbybobby005 said:

First MLB game in 20 months?

How deep did he pitch in his minor league rehab games?

Just now, 2ndCitySox said:

How deep did he pitch in his minor league rehab games?

Surely you know this, but minor league =/= major league

• Haha 1

He did throw like 35+ pitches in the second inning. He was throwing in the 80s through 7 innings in the minors so maybe that amount of pitches in such a short time gassed him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robbybobby005 said:

No one is saying it does but maintaining that velocity for 80 pitches in the minors then struggling like he did may suggest something was wrong physically. 

• Like 2

Reyes may have left Wednesday's start against the Brewers with an injury, Joe Trezza of MLB.com reports.
Spin: 
There was a noticeable drop in his velocity from inning to inning, but he got back up to 96 mph and threw 95 mph on his final out. It is unclear what the exact nature of the injury is at this point, or if his exit was even injury related. He threw four scoreless frames, giving up three hits and two walks while striking out four. Reyes threw 73 pitches -- 42 for strikes.

news_breaking.png
88x21_RWdotcom_trans.gif
Wed, May 30

6 minutes ago, robbybobby005 said:

Lol, why would you even think that people on this forum don't get that?   We are all just speculating at this point but to even argue that the dip in velocity or leaving early in his first start back even if it's a major league game is not concerning is just being in-denial IMO.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sngehl01 said:

No one is saying it does but maintaining that velocity for 80 pitches in the minors then struggling like he did may suggest something was wrong physically. 

Very true but it could also be said that throwing 12-15 pitches then resting until the next inning is easier than throwing 35+ pitches in 1 inning against major league batters on the road.

• Like 2