Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hailtoyourvictor

Pick a slugger: Trevor Story vs Joey Gallo. whir

I'd go with Gallo if you can handle the crappy batting average.  Story worries me because Colorado has Rodgers in the minors, and outside of Coors Field, Story is a lifetime .227 hitter becoming unrosterable if he ever gets moved.

I'd take Gallo. I think he can improve his average this year, and Story as you mention has less job security I think.

I am going against the grain as I always choose to go. Both teams have plenty of up and comings and could replace either if they are not playing well so job security is mute to me. The think I like about Gallo is he walks a bit more. With that said, his BABIP that everything thinks is going to recover and make him more of a .250 hitter isn't happening. His flyball % was over 50% which is the lowest outcome for BA other than a strikeout which he also does a ton. I know both may look at them as swing and miss guys and the stats show them relatively identical. Story had a swinging strike percentage of 14.1%. Gallo was 19.2% ! And that was a good year. His past two were over 20%. I have more faith on Story having a better year and Gallo having a worse year. Add SS to Story and he gets the easy win.

Story

In a down year, was 24/80. Had a nice 2nd half, 30/90 is possible. Will take 25/80 from SS

16 hours ago, ncbobcats said:

Story worries me because Colorado has Rodgers in the minors, and outside of Coors Field, Story is a lifetime .227 hitter becoming unrosterable if he ever gets moved.

Rodgers is playing 2B in minors. DJ is in last year on contract. Rodgers will be 2B next year. Heard nothing on a Story trade.

I would be looking for replacements for both those players. Combine them up in a trade to get a better SS. If no takers then keep Gallo.

On 2/16/2018 at 4:27 AM, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Both are pretty bad, but I would go with Story.

Kind of.

But I have Gallo as a 21st round keeper and Story as a 12th round keeper, which is solid value with high ROI upside.

I wanted to ask the question without disclosing that.