XxxOilOverloadxxX

Josh Donaldson 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-05. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Smart not trading in the offseason Toronto, real smart. I’m embarrassed to own this guy

This is what Gibbons meant by “he looked normal”. The DL. 

Supposedly he will address media after the game? That got me concerned. Hope this isn’t a season ending thing 

5 minutes ago, dannyusf said:

Supposedly he will address media after the game? That got me concerned. Hope this isn’t a season ending thing 

Uh oh. Maybe it’s a Kawhi Leonard thing. 

I feel like "addressing the media" can only mean 2 things: (1) This is going to be a very extended/season-ending injury or (2) He's retiring. 

Either way, not good for Donaldson owners

Edited by drumr470

2 hours ago, dannyusf said:

Wow, where did you hear this?

Is he going to announce that he is going to be transitioning to a woman and his name will be jessie donaldson?

Edited by Picard56

Ugh...so close to trading this useless POS. Do some calf-raises and get in there!

3 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Ugh...so close to trading this useless POS. Do some calf-raises and get in there!

He's already got really big calves, that I do say make me jealous...

He will be lucky if he gets a 1 year deal somewhere, any GM who gives him more is stupid, unless he just plays DH but he gets hurt running the bases

To me, he is already out for the season like Wil Myers. No way he is going to come back and his shoulder is fixed and weak calves are stronger. Dude is the one of the weakest to ever play the game and is a disgrace to oldtime ballplayers who gave all for less

1 hour ago, azeri98 said:

He will be lucky if he gets a 1 year deal somewhere, any GM who gives him more is stupid, unless he just plays DH but he gets hurt running the bases

Baseball GMs are known for their stupidity.

46 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

Any word how this postgame went?

I second this, what was said??

38 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

I second this, what was said??

Apparently nothing. I haven’t been able to find anything. 

this has chance to be a messy situation..:. If they can't strike a deal to move him this year.... and they attempt to get a comp pick with a qualifying offer... there's a chance he takes it to try and rebuild value while Vlad Jr is sitting there. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

To me, he is already out for the season like Wil Myers. No way he is going to come back and his shoulder is fixed and weak calves are stronger. Dude is the one of the weakest to ever play the game and is a disgrace to oldtime ballplayers who gave all for less

You’re out to lunch. We’re all disappointed in JD’s production this year but your hyperbole and toxicity is just unwarranted. Get a day job man.

Just now, jahweedum said:

Don't know if this is post game - basically says he didn't feel like he could sprint and he should be back in 6 days or something

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/donaldson-injury-cuts-good-news-day-blue-jays/

No one in this situation has lied more than Josh Donaldson.

He's reminding me of Harvey right now. He's an overmatched, washed up injury prone jackass in other words.

15 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Just placed on the 10-day DL with a calf strain. This is getting ridiculous. 

Yes . . . we have been incredibly patient but everyone has a breaking point.  Would get pennies on the dollar to move him now, not to mention the Blue Jays themselves.

Max Muncy is a great stopgap if available.  26ish% owned in CBS.

11 hours ago, WaKe21334 said:

Any word how this postgame went?

In 2002 Mike Piazza announced in a impromptu news conference telling the New York media he was not gay 

maybe 

or maybe Josh told us he was retiring and taking his talents to south beach 

• Like 2

On 6/3/2018 at 7:34 AM, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

He should be back on Friday. Let's see how many games it takes before his leg explodes.

https://www.mlb.com/news/calf-ailment-sends-josh-donaldson-to-dl/c-279337348

It was announced that he's not ready yet. He has to be the biggest headache this year. Sometimes I think about just dropping him but worried that someone picks him up and enjoys a hot streak in the second half.