XxxOilOverloadxxX

Josh Donaldson 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-05. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

I wonder if he goes to the yanks or Sox 

On 6/22/2018 at 2:31 PM, Dr. Whom said:

Truly the darkest timeline. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 6/22/2018 at 1:31 PM, Dr. Whom said:

If those are the only choices (they aren't), Andujar is better than Devers and Nunez combined. So it would almost certainly be the Sox.

Who would want him, he can't stay healthy and tries to play hurt and when he plays hurt he's just plain turrble, a wasted season. His FA season is turning out to be his worst, he will be lucky if he gets a 2 year deal next year

So there must have been an unannounced setback with this buffoon right?

Talk about tanking your value in your FA season, yikes. This injury with cost him 10 million+ bucks.

6 minutes ago, !!! said:

So there must have been an unannounced setback with this buffoon right?

Talk about tanking your value in your FA season, yikes. This injury with cost him 10 million+ bucks.

$10M? More like 100M.

Drop city. Unproductive when active and is barely active at that. Bye. 

He suffered a set back in Florida, will be re-evaluated in 3 weeks, they won't be able to get anything for him, maybe a player to be named later

Wow his prime vanished quicker than Costner's film making prowess.

• Like 1

This guys is a do not own ever again. He won’t play until August, you heard it here first. And with the jays now not likely to get anything in a trade for him, I’m saying he’s done for the year. [Removed Cool Story]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Gonna get a one year "prove it" deal at this rate. To think he might have been in line for a $100m+ contract... I can't help but feel terrible for him.

The odd part is he's even a tough buy low right now due to name recognition

Stud to dud.  Unbelievable and I have always loved and admired this guy.  Maybe he has a calf infection IDFK lol.

This s--- does not make any sense to me.

What is a realistic trade return for Donaldson at this point? I am fond of him as a player but he has been dead weight on my roster for the majority of the season, and with others on the DL long-term as well I feel like I need to make a move somewhere. Is it better to sell low now than risk wasting a bench spot for another month-plus?

I wouldn't offer much if anything for him. Even when he returns, he will probably be on and off the DL for the rest of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I wouldn't offer much if anything for him. Even when he returns, he will probably be on and off the DL for the rest of the season. 

This. I doubt he plays again this season

1 hour ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I would bet he’s on and off the DL for the rest of whatever career he has left. Dudes toast

The crappy thing is Donaldson can still go off for a month and be a really good player when he is playing.

I think this yr, fantasy wise, if you own him you might as well just keep holding onto him as you won't get anything for him in a trade. And if you drop him, some team will likely pick him up (depending on the league obviously).

Gotta wait it out and hope for a hot stretch to unload him. His fantasy value is 0.1/100. His real life value is below Solarte I bet.

Drafted him in one league and traded for him in another. In other words, been w/ playing 1 DL spot all season. 

But if you're still holding, you just have to keep holding, lest someone else reaps the fruit of your patience by snagging him just when he gets back into the lineup. Not to mention, the upside is still huge (though the downside has been ridiculous). 

Edited by Brett Butler

I'm holding until I absolutely have to drop him. 

Offering him in a trade seems silly to me - not bothering.

I'd been holding him all year, through all of the injuries meanwhile I'd drop other guys to be able to stash Donaldson on my DL... not anymore.  Cut his a** when someone dropped Keirmaier.   He wasn't performing well this year when healthy anyway. 

Going down with the ship here.  He is dead weight ballast.  Luckily there are a lot more swiss knife type backups (a la Zobrist) than ever.